PDA

View Full Version : My car is starting to piss me off/confuse the hell out of me!!

Timinater
04-07-2008, 12:34 AM
So i have an eg civic hatch with an obd jdm h22a swap in it. right now i have a stock p13 ecu, i kindof ghetto riged the egr valve to the ecu and it seems to work, maybe?? anyways so the problem all started after i fixed my tps. i did the swap and the cel has been on since the swap and the car had been idleing around 2000 rpm, well i took off the throttle body, tps and all and swapped it with another one i had lying around, that fixed that. now when the car is idleing and the vacum line from the intake manifold is hooked up to the egr valve it idles real low and sounds like shiet. well i found that i can pull out the number 3 and 4 spark plug wire and it has no different affect when the egr vacum line is hooked up, so i assume no fuel in 3 and 4???? because i know it is getting spark. also other than the idle it drives fine like this.

to make it even more confusing, when i take the vacum line off the egr valve and just plug it up, it seems to idle fine(1k rpm), and if i take out any of the spark plug wires(including 3 and 4) they all affect it the same, but when i drive it it this way, it is real sluggish until about 4000 rpm, then it is normal. i mean i can be flooring it and it barely goes and then at about 4000 k it all of the sudden kicks in hard like vtec with some aggresive ass cams. I tried cleaning the egr valve and i also checked it to make sure it is functioning properley, which it is.

im getting a chipped ecu from vteckidd tomorrow, but im not sure that will do the trick. also it throws cels for egr(sometimes) and fuel supply(sometimes).

I know its a lot to read, sorry! please help me out here yall!!!

Reps for help!!!!!!!!!

Timinater
04-07-2008, 08:32 AM
So 28 views and not a single reply??? :(
come on, i know someone knows somebody who had a similar problem
help me out please, thanks in advance!!

blackhatch99
04-07-2008, 09:22 AM
well yake the plug wires out and dry them with a air compressor thre maybe water down in the plugs that the only thing i can think of that might cause the 3 and 4 not to function properly as for fuel supply its either ur fuel pump or an injector that what it was on my friends car

eghonda88
04-07-2008, 09:26 AM
check your fuel pump with a dvom and your injectors it sounds like you arent firein on all 4 man

Just_CHill
04-07-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm almost having the same problem. Check the wiring too man. Sometimes it can be a simple mistake.

whatever210
04-07-2008, 10:49 AM
sound like a recent problem my buddy had. a p28 will end egr problems and the ecu was fried on my buddys. once he got a different ecu it was fine. he had burnt or shorted something out.

Timinater
04-07-2008, 10:56 AM
sound like a recent problem my buddy had. a p28 will end egr problems and the ecu was fried on my buddys. once he got a different ecu it was fine. he had burnt or shorted something out.

hoping the chipped p28 will fix mine also, going to pick it up from vteckidd at 1. ill keep yall posted. and again keep up the help!!! it is all greatly appreciated

Vteckidd
04-07-2008, 10:57 AM
bring the hatch if you can, id like to look at it

Timinater
04-07-2008, 05:54 PM
if anyone was wondering or has a similar problem..... i changed the ecu today(thanks to mike[mr. kidd] awesome guy by the way) with a chipped p28 and all the prior problems have been solved, no cel, no sluggish, nothing. also we looked in the p13 ecu and one of the capicitors had mushroom headed, so that may have caused it. thanks everyone.

Mr. Clean
04-07-2008, 06:21 PM
hey well all thats good to know since THAT CAR IS FOR SALE!! hahahaha... glad to hear everything was fixed with nothing too difficult

EmminoDaGreat
04-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Well if you egr system isnt working how it should that could be the issue. Egr's arent designed to be working at idle or wot. So if you unhook the vacuum line and it affects it, then you have already figured your problem out. If the egr valve is open during idle, it will cause a misfire issue.

Timinater
04-07-2008, 07:42 PM
hey well all thats good to know since THAT CAR IS FOR SALE!! hahahaha... glad to hear everything was fixed with nothing too difficult

hell all cars have problems that need to be solved sometimes. also i shared w/ the people who were interested the problems and stuff.

Mr. Clean
04-07-2008, 07:50 PM
im not doubting you man, its good to know your taking care of it

whatever210
04-07-2008, 08:44 PM
glad to see its up and running. i thought it was prob the ecu