PDA

View Full Version : General Chat value on a 96 gsr with a spun rod bearing/knock

Schugg
04-04-2008, 04:54 PM
i have a 1996 integra gsr, 2dr, 5spd, 215k+ miles, that im about to possibly buy. he said it has a spun rod bearing and a knock. they guy who found it for me said they guy wants 1200 but said to tell me 1500 so im going to offer around 1000 or 1100 and see what he says. do you think this would be worth spending that much? i either have to plans,

A). fixing the rod bearings whatever and using it

but being that its knocking i dont see replacing the rod bearings fixing it, so

B). just building the motor motor up for a turbo.

this seem like a good price for either one of those plans? he said its still runs just knocks, is it possible that i wont even be able to build the motor depending how bad the knock is?

either way i have the money for it now but im buying a hatch, ill end up getting this tuesday more than likely. here are some pics of the car i found on another site on when it was for sale in 2006, hopefully its still in the condition, not great, buts its good

southside
04-04-2008, 05:44 PM
If you get it sell me the wheels

MIKE.P
04-04-2008, 05:56 PM
if it has a spun rod bearing its going to knock. so if your lucky its just one and its replacable and the crank didnt get f'd up

Schugg
04-04-2008, 06:03 PM
If you get it sell me the wheels

how much? if the tires are good and will fit my ls fat fives im probably going to gank them for my rims. if not ill let you have them, name a price though and ill see. i can bring them down to georgia when i come.

if it has a spun rod bearing its going to knock. so if your lucky its just one and its replacable and the crank didnt get f'd up

will i be able to tell just looking at it if its going to need the crank resurfaced? not really sure if i would want to just fix it or build it anyway. hopefully he hasnt been riding it around, that would suck, and hopefully he wont lie about it.

seanrg1116
04-04-2008, 09:21 PM
hey man if you feel like l;etting some of those suspension pieces go pm me and let me know what you are willing to sell:D

Schugg
04-04-2008, 09:59 PM
haha im not parting the car out, and im not going to lift it so i wont need to get rid of any suspension parts. sorry about that. i dont even have it yet, hopefully i can talk him down a little

southside
04-05-2008, 08:14 AM
ok you can have the tires. I just want the rims and if its knocking and they didnt run it long once knocked started.You might be able to just get the crank micropolished and get new bearings main and rod and fix it. But most of the time if theirs a knock there there will be scarring on crank or block.

Schugg
04-05-2008, 10:15 AM
is any of that easy to see just looking at it? chances are im going to just build it, i dont want to try and just fix it and it still not work when i could build it, and avoid all that all together