PDA

View Full Version : sprint/cingular/verizon which one?

gijeff1805
04-04-2008, 10:46 AM
So I am looking at getting a blackberry 8830 and it looks like sprint and cingular come out cheaper when selecting a 450 minute plan. Whenever you go to verizon it ends up being 60 dollars for the select 450 minute plan plus 30 for the unlimited web for blackberry feature.

In cingular and sprint i find nothing that has to be added to the plans for the unlimited web...so they are only about 60 dollars a month.

Which companies have better coverage? I like verizon coverage, i never really have problems with gettin a signal or getting dropped calls, but they seem to be the most expensive carrier to have.

What does everyone else think/recommend?

BKgen®
04-04-2008, 10:46 AM
step 1. Post in the right section.

redpanda
04-04-2008, 10:47 AM
verizon

BKgen®
04-04-2008, 10:48 AM
at&t

stillaneon
04-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Ok. thats the problem. you have to add a 15 dollar vision pack for unlimited web with Sprint. PM me and we can talk about prices and ****....

BB6dohcvtec
04-04-2008, 11:51 AM
verizon!

98_integra_r
04-04-2008, 12:24 PM
AT&T

stillaneon
04-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Working for a Cell Phone company, Verizon has the best Service. But they are expensive. Sprint runs on the CDMA network also so Sprint is capable of roaming on Verizon's Network. CDMA is also more reliable.

AT&T and T-Mobile run on GSM networks and they have outages everyonce in a while. Like Last week they had a 3G outage for a few hours. GSM also has some issues with being able to hop from tower to tower (so even though AT&T says they have less dropped calls, they don't).

Julio
04-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Verizon is loosing customers.....

AT&T... is the only way..

yeah, ATT had the outage last week.. 1st time I ever seen that happen in 11 years with them.... and it was for less then an hour...

CDMA = old technology...

Sprint will do anything to bring you in.. after you are in.. they will butt**** you with there like 5 years in a row worst customer service! lol

redrumracer
04-04-2008, 03:56 PM
i have at&t/cingular and for the black berry you also have to get the media package which is like 20 bucks i think or something like that.

redrumracer
04-04-2008, 03:57 PM
oh and also in all my time with cingular ive only had a handfull of dropped calls as in less than 5.

sanchez2000
04-04-2008, 04:01 PM
honestly both at&t n verizon r good companies but yet cingular is a lil more cheaper than verizon but i think verizon gets more service than at&t bc i've had cingular n now i have verizon n havent had any complaints so far

Alan®
04-04-2008, 04:47 PM
I say verizon man. I have had pretty much had every cellular company short of Metro and as far as coverage and customer service Verizon trumps them.

jew_boy
04-04-2008, 05:01 PM
i got sprint right now and they suck balls im fixin to change to at&t

gijeff1805
04-04-2008, 07:39 PM
yea ultimately verizon may be my best way to go..because it will be about 90 dollars thru either At&t or verizon. all my family is on verizon and they are really the only people i will talk to during the way to take my minutes, so with verizon it would be unlimited. but i do like the rollover with at&t also they offer the curve.

stillaneon
04-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Verizon is loosing customers.....

AT&T... is the only way..

yeah, ATT had the outage last week.. 1st time I ever seen that happen in 11 years with them.... and it was for less then an hour...

CDMA = old technology...

Sprint will do anything to bring you in.. after you are in.. they will butt**** you with there like 5 years in a row worst customer service! lol

Old, but more reliable. GSM has dropped 3 times in the last two months for at least 30 minutes in the macon market. The only thing Cingular has is rollover. I wouldnt trust them just because I know what kind of employees I had when I worked for Cingular in Customer Care/Retention.

Nyteryder
04-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Go to this site and you can get free blackberry, trio, sidekick ect with every provider except verizon. I just got a blackberry pearl for free and a 50 dollar rebate. Just click on moble phones and then the carrier that you want. Click change phone to see the different free phones. http://5linx.net/infinitecommunications/products.asp Just thought I would help out

TIGERJC
04-05-2008, 03:01 AM
If you're going the at@t route, come see me :)

sanchez2000
04-05-2008, 04:51 AM
hahaha tigerjc is trying to get some money... thats a true sales man right there... well thats if your sales man... lol

jaystar
04-05-2008, 05:38 AM
at&t/cingular stop buying cheap phones u dont get dropped calls

stillaneon
04-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Go to this site and you can get free blackberry, trio, sidekick ect with every provider except verizon. I just got a blackberry pearl for free and a 50 dollar rebate. Just click on moble phones and then the carrier that you want. Click change phone to see the different free phones. http://5linx.net/infinitecommunications/products.asp Just thought I would help out

This is the biggest ripoff. I see multiple customers coming in here from these 3rd party websites. Some off them have stolen phones, other make you sign another contract with them so if you cancel you pay 2 seperate fees. And some sell all your information to Telemarketers.