PDA

View Full Version : Autozone.....Racist?

UpSideDownDesi
04-03-2008, 02:12 PM
I just (few mins ago) went to my local Autozone in Grayson to get few things, and upon finishing my trasaction the sales rep behind the counter goes, "Can I see your Mexican Registration Card." First i didn't understand what he said so i asked him to repeat it about 3 times and he said the same thing. To which i responded, "What do you mean my Mexican Registration Card? You should simply be asking me for my Drivers License. What are you trying to say?" He lost his words and started to say sorry. I got the manager over and as soon as she heard what he said, she told him to go away and offered me a free Armor All wipes to make up for his act. I simply refused and she kept on asking, "is there anything else i can do for you." I felt so out of place for a min when he said that, and i am not even Mexican. He was acting funny toward me as soon as i walked in and talking to him. Ignored me for good 2 minutes when i was standing rite infront of him and made eye contact and said hello. Somebody is about to get fired.

Sammich
04-03-2008, 02:13 PM
ghey...ignorance ftmfl

Nemesis
04-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Im not mexican either, and when I walk into the Buford Highway autozone on occasion they talk to me in spanish at the register. **** pisses me off.

Ran
04-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Im not mexican either, and when I walk into the Buford Highway autozone on occasion they talk to me in spanish at the register. **** pisses me off. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Happened to me too once actually. :(

quickdodge®
04-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Im not mexican either, and when I walk into the Buford Highway autozone on occasion they talk to me in spanish at the register. **** pisses me off.

But you look Mexican. Upsidedowndesi doesn't. Later, QD.

Nemesis
04-03-2008, 02:26 PM
But you look Mexican. Upsidedowndesi doesn't. Later, QD.

Dude whatever man, I dont look mexican unless I have my stash

UpSideDownDesi
04-03-2008, 02:28 PM
that i can see...i mean that is understandable.....Autozone off Buford Hwy, crowd around there is the same and they don't really mean it when they say it. They talk in spanish for customer's convenience. This guy meant it and why the hell would you ask me for "Mexican Registration Card" when all you are required to ask is "May i see your ID." If i don't have proper ID then they can break it down by saying "do you have State ID, Military ID, etc".

MistaCee
04-03-2008, 02:30 PM

:lmfao:

D.Choe
04-03-2008, 02:31 PM
one time I went into Autozone getting some oil and the black girl at the register asked if I wanted an Autozone Rewards card

I figured I would just get it for the hell of it

I got it but I found it weird that she didn't ask for any additional info like my name, address, etc.

anyway the next time I go to a diff. Autozone to use the Rewards card I looked down at the receipt and it said

Thank you for shopping at Autozone,
Chin Chan Chong

I actually laughed really damn hard when I saw it

EJ25RUN
04-03-2008, 02:31 PM
I just (few mins ago) went to my local Autozone in Grayson to get few things, and upon finishing my trasaction the sales rep behind the counter goes, "Can I see your Mexican Registration Card." First i didn't understand what he said so i asked him to repeat it about 3 times and he said the same thing. To which i responded, "What do you mean my Mexican Registration Card? You should simply be asking me for my Drivers License. What are you trying to say?" He lost his words and started to say sorry. I got the manager over and as soon as she heard what he said, she told him to go away and offered me a free Armor All wipes to make up for his act. I simply refused and she kept on asking, "is there anything else i can do for you." I felt so out of place for a min when he said that, and i am not even Mexican. He was acting funny toward me as soon as i walked in and talking to him. Ignored me for good 2 minutes when i was standing rite infront of him and made eye contact and said hello. Somebody is about to get fired.

What he look like?, ill go fuk with him.

Oh Pics are good!

Andy_013
04-03-2008, 02:32 PM
haha!! next time go to the one in loganville!! look for my car.

UpSideDownDesi
04-03-2008, 02:35 PM
What he look like?, ill go fuk with him.

Oh Pics are good!
No reason.....i am sure his Area Manager is gonna drill him good nuff or kick him out. People like those doen't deserve to be working in a customer service related jobs.

UpSideDownDesi
04-03-2008, 02:37 PM
haha!! next time go to the one in loganville!! look for my car.
yea def not going to that one again. Second time in a row i got REALLY BAD customer service.

Whiteboy™
04-03-2008, 02:37 PM
was it the weird fat white kid, that looks high all the time?

UpSideDownDesi
04-03-2008, 02:38 PM
was it the weird fat white kid, that looks high all the time?
yup

MistaCee
04-03-2008, 02:40 PM
one time I went into Autozone getting some oil and the black girl at the register asked if I wanted an Autozone Rewards card

I got it but I found it weird that she didn't ask for any additional info like my name, address, etc.

anyway the next time I go to a diff. Autozone to use the Rewards card I looked down at the receipt and it said

Chin Chan Chong

Off topic ur sig made me saw oh sh!t:goodjob:

mad3nch1na
04-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Naw its not racism, its profiling.

thinkfast®
04-03-2008, 02:45 PM
LOL THATS FUNNY

ON A SIDE NOTE I ALWAYS GET ATTENDED PROMPTLY AND COURTEOUSLY BY THE EMPLOYEES AT MY LOCAL AUTOZONE (MOSTLY WHEN PICKING UP LED TAILPIPES OR RACING SEAT AIR FRESHENERS FOR NEMESIS)

redpanda
04-03-2008, 02:49 PM

Chin Chan Chong

haha:lmfao:

UpSideDownDesi
04-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Naw its not racism, its profiling.
racial profiling...yea, but still not nice thing to say to a customer.

SiRed94
04-03-2008, 03:00 PM
i would've pistol-whipped him...

thepolecat
04-03-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm white and I am offended for you- that was such an out of place thing to say- what does it matter if you have a "MRC" to buy something at Autozone. It's not like you are buying a gun.

Autozone is about to do a little banning of there own I think

BTW- I would had my car hooked up if that happened to me- All sorts of free crap!!!

yungdz
04-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Yea you should have thrown whatever you were buying at him (I'm assuming the spark plug ratchet I recommended on WRXATL)

ahmonrah
04-03-2008, 03:25 PM
that was foul......i'm hungry. arby's anyone?

quickdodge®
04-03-2008, 03:27 PM

I was fuccing with you. Later, QD.

JITB
04-03-2008, 03:32 PM
man its some ****ed up stories in this thread...lol

Catnip
04-03-2008, 03:35 PM
He was out of line, but get over it.
That's part of what is wrong with the world today.

My opinion, take it or leave it. No offense either.

JITB
04-03-2008, 03:39 PM
its funny when stuff like that happens to you tho.. you really dont get upset, your just amazed that it just happened. Like your in a movie or something...lol

Andy_013
04-03-2008, 03:46 PM
shop online ftw!!

UpSideDownDesi
04-03-2008, 03:48 PM
He was out of line, but get over it.
That's part of what is wrong with the world today.

My opinion, take it or leave it. No offense either.
yea, but i am gonna make sure it won't happen again. I can't imagine how they would have treated my dad if he would have gone....he doesn't speak english that well.

blaknoize
04-03-2008, 08:32 PM
shop online ftw!!FTMFW

1SICKLEX
04-03-2008, 09:42 PM

Chin Chan Chong

yalls stories are so racist its hard to believe!! lol

SampaGuy
04-03-2008, 09:44 PM
holy **** i would have gone off on him

RandomGuy
04-03-2008, 09:48 PM
lol sunny do you really think the manager is going to do anything about it?

Call corporate, but they won't do anything either.....

Lol its not like it matters, did he really hurt your feelings? Haha you shoulda just said something right back, equally if not more offensive...

Catnip
04-03-2008, 09:51 PM
if he was white you shoulda said "shut the fvck up Jew"

woulda been funny.

RandomGuy
04-03-2008, 09:57 PM
nah if he was white, it would be even funnier if you told him to go back to africa.

redrumracer
04-03-2008, 10:00 PM
lol i think thats funny lol not right but still funny. and nothin will prob happen to him if the autozones here are like the one i used to work at in sc

ZeDFuNk
04-03-2008, 10:26 PM
hahhahaa, you got owned you stupid beaner border hopper!!!!!!!!! ..... lol.

yogi08
04-03-2008, 10:50 PM
nah if he was white, it would be even funnier if you told him to go back to africa.
ahahah funniest **** ive read all day.

[QUOTE]=KumFuk]hahhahaa, you got owned you stupid beaner border hopper!!!!!!!!! ..... lol.[QUOTE]
thats the most ****ed up thing ive read all day.

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Damn man. I work at that Autozone and that sorta makes me feel bad for having a co worker act like that towards you. Don't let him discourage you from coming back to that store bro. I'll talk with my manager when I work over there again (I work in between two stores) and I'll see what's going on.

Once again sorry about that experience man.

chinitoxamor
04-03-2008, 11:51 PM
never happened to me before, i just come in with the chinese accent and bust on them if they wanna say something

Andy_013
04-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Damn man. I work at that Autozone and that sorta makes me feel bad for having a co worker act like that towards you. Don't let him discourage you from coming back to that store bro. I'll talk with my manager when I work over there again (I work in between two stores) and I'll see what's going on.

Once again sorry about that experience man.

didn't know you worked at the grayson store

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-04-2008, 12:30 AM
didn't know you worked at the grayson storeI work there and at the Lawrenceville store.

#86 to be specific.

DeeAOne
04-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Off topic ur sig made me saw oh sh!t:goodjob:i said the same thing. crazy skills that guy has.

Doppelgänger
04-04-2008, 07:57 AM
When are you fluckers going to realize that Mexico is not a race????