PDA

View Full Version : Misc Which military branch?

Motivation
04-03-2008, 01:47 PM
First of all, I support ALL U.S. military branches. Thanks to all that served!:goodjob: But I was just wondering, which branch do most ppl like and why? I prefer Air Force, just because of the technology they use for their warfare... The ppl in the USAF can still think for themselves when they get out. ha (Buddy just got back from Iraq, Marines, he said he forgot how to think because they always told him what to do)

Ran
04-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Navy and Air Force both have technological advantages and will serve you better for when you get out. Still, some of us didn't join to sit behind a desk and play Command & Conquer. We actually wanted to be in the fire. :goodjob:

Motivation
04-03-2008, 01:56 PM
I understand that. I wasn't able to join due to having brain surgery when I was 8. I would love to if I was able. I don't look down on any of them. I'm guessing from the "we" in your post that you served... If so, then thank you...

On_Her_Face
04-03-2008, 01:57 PM
i like/support the marines better, they put more on the line

NewGen33
04-03-2008, 02:00 PM
For me its the Navy and Army. I love the skills the navy seals get in their field. The army because they have there own air force and I love Apache Helicopters. But they all kick ass and are the best in the world. USA!!!

Motivation
04-03-2008, 02:01 PM
I didn't know this (sure some/most of you all did), but my buddy told me that Army has to give the Marines clearing before they move over there. His unit killed Al-Quida's(sp?) number 4 man the last day he was there. They had him 2-3 times but Army would never give them the clearing...)

Motivation
04-03-2008, 02:02 PM
For me its the Navy and Army. I love the skills the navy seals get in their field. The army because they have there own air force and I love Apache Helicopters. But they all kick ass and are the best in the world. USA!!!

Navy Seals are a breed of their own. ha... Yeah, they are definitely awesome

Ran
04-03-2008, 02:03 PM
I understand that. I wasn't able to join due to having brain surgery when I was 8. I would love to if I was able. I don't look down on any of them. I'm guessing from the "we" in your post that you served... If so, then thank you...Yeah, I joined the Army but only got to serve for 2 years due to a back injury caused by a training accident. They medically discharged me and started paying me disability so at least they're taking care of me. :goodjob:

I'm with you on appreciating all branches. My father is retired Air Force, my cousin was in the Navy, my uncle the Marines, and my grandfather in the Army. To all that served, serve, or will serve, kudos.

i like/support the marines better, they put more on the lineThe average Marine doesn't put anymore on the line than your normal Army grunt. For the most part, they're just overglorified.

Just_CHill
04-03-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm in the Army National Guard, haven't been to Iraq yet though. In my experience so far in te military, I would also go for the Air Force. Several reasons (some I wish I would have known before I joined the Army) (Also, this is only my opinion, so of coarse it's not going to be the gospel):
1. They are cared for a whole lot more
2. More organized
3. Paid more
4. Usually have the better looking females
5. Don't have to go into combat zones (at least not that I know of)

There a a bunch more. I still like what I do (Information Technology) but I think it would have been a better choice to go AF.

But that's my 2 cents.

Motivation
04-03-2008, 02:13 PM
^^^ Friend of mine is in air force... said he was being deployed for two weeks... The place of deployment is Las Vegas. ha, told him it must be hard...

Just_CHill
04-03-2008, 02:22 PM
LMAO!!!! Indeed. Very hard. Now they do go over to Iraq too and they pull guard on the PX and the gym. Making sure no one gets hurt or taking too much time on the computer.

But I'm just jealous.......

MistaCee
04-03-2008, 02:22 PM
I am thinking of joining either the Air Force or Navy

yeaiwonder88
04-03-2008, 02:28 PM

Your a dumbass, even worse your from newnan......

yeaiwonder88
04-03-2008, 02:30 PM
For one big guy your question is dumb. What do you want to do? They all have there strong points, Marines Ground....yea and fighterjets....air force Jets, army second ground and your friend is a dumbass the marines were the first to fight, navy water....oooo no..

Motivation
04-03-2008, 02:33 PM

Because he has an opinion? Because he loves all branches? Because he loves certain things about different branches? Or is it because you are just a prick?

nevermind... I think I know the answer...:rolleyes:

redpanda
04-03-2008, 02:59 PM
I see the Coast Guard isn't up there. blah blah blah they are a part of the department of homeland security. They're still considered military though. I actually have a lot of respect for them. My cousin's best friend is training for AST(aviation survival technician) aka rescue swimming

Deke
04-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Navy. Mainly because my Dad was in it.

Lotte
04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I joined the Army but only got to serve for 2 years due to a back injury caused by a training accident. They medically discharged me and started paying me disability so at least they're taking care of me. :goodjob:

I'm with you on appreciating all branches. My father is retired Air Force, my cousin was in the Navy, my uncle the Marines, and my grandfather in the Army. To all that served, serve, or will serve, kudos.

The average Marine doesn't put anymore on the line than your normal Army grunt. For the most part, they're just overglorified.

x2

The12lber
04-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Navy Seals are a breed of their own. ha... Yeah, they are definitely awesome
Delta

Ran
04-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Delta:werd:

tony
04-03-2008, 05:56 PM

When calling someone a dumbass it would be a good idea to use proper punctuation. ex. "You're a dumbass"

Air Force by the way, I'd suggest you get your degree first though.

NewGen33
04-03-2008, 08:37 PM
I can't believe I forgot about Delta, but I still think the Seals may be more skilled just by a nose.

yeaiwonder88 your not to bright are you. We all have a opinion on things but at least have a meaning behind them. Repped

MistaCee
04-03-2008, 08:40 PM
When calling someone a dumbass it would be a good idea to use proper punctuation. ex. "You're a dumbass"

Air Force by the way, I'd suggest you get your degree first though.

Can you explain why?

redrumracer
04-03-2008, 08:53 PM
you forgot the US Coast Guard.

tony
04-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Can you explain why?

I don't know the specifics but I do know with a degree you go in as an Commissioned Officer rather than enlisted.. it opens up a lot of doors for you in the Air Force.

Lets just put it this way, my dad spent 23 years in the Air Force.. he entered without a degree and he made me promise if I was to ever join the Military that I would obtain a college education first. At the end of his service, even with his rank he had to take orders from new Commissioned Officers fresh out of college.

The pay is higher as well.. of course.

redrumracer
04-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Can you explain why?
Getting your degree first allows you to get a commission in the military which in turn has much better opportunities, pay, and also better jobs.(well at at least for me because i want to be a pilot and in order to be a pilot you have to be an officer.)

The12lber
04-03-2008, 09:12 PM
I can't believe I forgot about Delta, but I still think the Seals may be more skilled just by a nose.

It seems likely the current pool of operators in Delta are more capable and experienced, having participated in more operations etc. Since the SEALS are part of the Navy afterall, they've participated in less operations since this whole "Global War on Terror" deal started.

jew_boy
04-03-2008, 09:13 PM
i go for the Marines i just got a cousin that graduated from there makes me want to join. i think i will after i finish all my school

NewGen33
04-03-2008, 09:13 PM
It seems likely the current pool of operators in Delta are more capable and experienced, having participated in more operations etc. Since the SEALS are part of the Navy afterall, they've participated in less operations since this whole "Global War on Terror" deal started.
I can believe it.

Double_0_Rusty
04-03-2008, 09:15 PM
In high school, I was Staff Sargent in our AFJROTC. So I love the Air Force. Before graduation, I was about to join the Marines, but my mom found out, and made me feel bad, as I am their only child. btw they adopted me, so I felt obligated not to join, so I didn't join. But none the less, I respect all the branches, and all those that serve and protect our country, and sacrifice so much for us to be safe.

Oh yeah.....HOOOOORAH!

CopyRight
04-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm in the Army National Guard, haven't been to Iraq yet though. In my experience so far in te military, I would also go for the Air Force. Several reasons (some I wish I would have known before I joined the Army) (Also, this is only my opinion, so of coarse it's not going to be the gospel):
1. They are cared for a whole lot more
2. More organized
3. Paid more
4. Usually have the better looking females
5. Don't have to go into combat zones (at least not that I know of)

There a a bunch more. I still like what I do (Information Technology) but I think it would have been a better choice to go AF.

But that's my 2 cents.

what unit are you in the Guard? what's your MOS? 25B?

I cannot believe that you think the Air Force is paid more.

NEWS FLASH.
ALL MILITARY ARE PAID EXACTLY THE SAME. Check all pay scales across the charts E-1 to E-9's are all the same across the board for EVERY branch.

only thing that might be different is BAH/BAQ, substinence pay, but that is dependent on your location. Theres others but you don't get paid those for just sitting on your ass here in the states.

Your "opinion" is exactly that.
Paid more? ha....wrong.
More Organized? ha....just check out their rigorous PT schedule. Go hang out at a hanger and see what the loaders and maint crews are doing.
Hot females? if you would stick your wang in any female in the military then you already got problems. 99.9% of them have somekind of problem which is why they joined the military because their chance of bagging a fella is much higher than in the civilian world.
Don't go into combat zones? Ever heard of Combat Controllers? you do know that there are Combat MOS's in the Air Force right? obviously not. Ever heard of PJ's?

go to military.com and learn something before you speak of such nonsense...you are no better than a junior in high school who hears such nonsense and spreads it all about.

just to throw out another mis-conception....the Army has more watercraft than the navy and coast guard combined.

CopyRight
04-03-2008, 09:43 PM

wrong.

All officers in ALL branches are paid EXACTLY the same.

a SGM E-9 also makes MUCH more than a 2LT or 1LT....so just because you are an officer does not mean you get paid more than enlisted.

CopyRight
04-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Family Separation Allowance, Basic Allowance for Subsistence, Clothing Allowances, and Personal Money Allowance), Incentive and Special Pay (including Aviation Career Incentive Pay, Hazardous Duty Incentive Pay, Imminent Danger Pay, Diving Pay, Parachute, Flight Deck, Demolition, Submarine Duty Incentive Pay, Sea Pay and Drill Pay), and Special Pays for Health Professionals Officers (including Variable Special Pay, Board Certified Special Pay, and Multiyear Retention Bonus).

those are the only differences, and you only get these if you qualify....so no particular branch just pays these out to everyone who is in that particular branch.

to break it down further....

not all Army gets jump pay, and not all Navy gets Submarine pay....so it differs all across the board dependent on what you do, but the money is out there for anyone to get if you are qualified and goto that particular school.

redrumracer
04-03-2008, 10:54 PM
wrong.

All officers in ALL branches are paid EXACTLY the same.

a SGM E-9 also makes MUCH more than a 2LT or 1LT....so just because you are an officer does not mean you get paid more than enlisted.
he was referring to officers being payed more than enlisted. and also look at years of service compared between the 2, year for year and advancement for advancement and officer will always make more than enlisted.

MistaCee
04-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Hummm good advice guys... What would be the best field to get a degree in?

burnout1990
04-03-2008, 10:57 PM
I say army because im shipping out in less than two weeks to benning . all are the same just depends on where your trying to live and what your trying to do(mos). 25b anyone know anything about that? suppose to be pretty good most como , ive been told is a damn good job to have...not that any other mos is not a good job to have either but for what i was looking for its a damn good job. plus you can still get a degree and try and go to ocs to become a commission officer its not like you HAVE to have a degree right off the bat but it does helps you out alot sooner
mista in my opinion it depends on if your making military a career or temp thing...its based on what you want to do, what makes good money on the civilian world and if im not mistaken you dont get to pick the field your in when you become an officer its what you score the highest on , i could be wrong

BABY J
04-04-2008, 02:56 AM
what unit are you in the Guard? what's your MOS? 25B?

I cannot believe that you think the Air Force is paid more.

NEWS FLASH.
ALL MILITARY ARE PAID EXACTLY THE SAME. Check all pay scales across the charts E-1 to E-9's are all the same across the board for EVERY branch.

only thing that might be different is BAH/BAQ, substinence pay, but that is dependent on your location. Theres others but you don't get paid those for just sitting on your ass here in the states.

Your "opinion" is exactly that.
Paid more? ha....wrong.
More Organized? ha....just check out their rigorous PT schedule. Go hang out at a hanger and see what the loaders and maint crews are doing.
Hot females? if you would stick your wang in any female in the military then you already got problems. 99.9% of them have somekind of problem which is why they joined the military because their chance of bagging a fella is much higher than in the civilian world.
Don't go into combat zones? Ever heard of Combat Controllers? you do know that there are Combat MOS's in the Air Force right? obviously not. Ever heard of PJ's?

go to military.com and learn something before you speak of such nonsense...you are no better than a junior in high school who hears such nonsense and spreads it all about.

just to throw out another mis-conception....the Army has more watercraft than the navy and coast guard combined.

--> 1st of all... before you try to regulate on some1, that's not the direction this thread is going. So f*ckin relax.

--> 2nd of all, before you try to regulate on some1 you need to learn what the hell YOU are talking about as well.

--> The AF is a whole lot more organized than say, the Army (in more ways than a few). If u want me to get into it then I will, otherwise just trust me.

--> As far as PC (physical conditioning) -- that has NOTHING to do w/ the organization of the AF. Big deal if you can run a few miles holding a brick.

--> The loaders and maintainers in the AF are doing EXACTLY what they are paid to do -- loading and maintaining. In garrison, they are TRAINING to load and maintain. It's not brain-surgery.

--> As far as the ladies go --- tell you what, ask a grunt or Marine what branch has the nicest looking ladies overall (generally speaking). They will say 1) AF and 2) Navy. PERIOD. How do I know this? I've heard it a few hundred times from a few hundred grunts and Marines. Furthermore, there is nothing more wrong w/ "sticking your wang" in a military woman than there is a woman you meet at the mall. A high percentage of women in the military are smarter than you - I know this JUST by based on your post and I don't even know you.

--> There is no such thing as a "combat" MOS. EVERY job in ANY branch of the military can place you in harms way... whether you serve food or carry a rifle. You are either literally fighting or literally supporting the fight.

--> You're obv no better than a Jr. in high school as well. Don't take a thread in a direction that it doesn't need to go in.:goodjob:

sanchez2000
04-04-2008, 02:59 AM
i'd go with the marines maybe bc half my family were in the marines... their like the top notch of all... so i'd go with the marines plus they risk more than anyone else...

CopyRight
04-04-2008, 05:57 AM
--> 1st of all... before you try to regulate on some1, that's not the direction this thread is going. So f*ckin relax.

--> 2nd of all, before you try to regulate on some1 you need to learn what the hell YOU are talking about as well.

--> The AF is a whole lot more organized than say, the Army (in more ways than a few). If u want me to get into it then I will, otherwise just trust me.

--> As far as PC (physical conditioning) -- that has NOTHING to do w/ the organization of the AF. Big deal if you can run a few miles holding a brick.

--> The loaders and maintainers in the AF are doing EXACTLY what they are paid to do -- loading and maintaining. In garrison, they are TRAINING to load and maintain. It's not brain-surgery.

--> As far as the ladies go --- tell you what, ask a grunt or Marine what branch has the nicest looking ladies overall (generally speaking). They will say 1) AF and 2) Navy. PERIOD. How do I know this? I've heard it a few hundred times from a few hundred grunts and Marines. Furthermore, there is nothing more wrong w/ "sticking your wang" in a military woman than there is a woman you meet at the mall. A high percentage of women in the military are smarter than you - I know this JUST by based on your post and I don't even know you.

--> There is no such thing as a "combat" MOS. EVERY job in ANY branch of the military can place you in harms way... whether you serve food or carry a rifle. You are either literally fighting or literally supporting the fight.

--> You're obv no better than a Jr. in high school as well. Don't take a thread in a direction that it doesn't need to go in.:goodjob:

how about I know what the f I am talking about, because it's in black in white for you to see aka military.com, goarmy.com, rpi's.

People are throwing out left and right about how AF pays more. Which is far from true. Your opinnion is going to be biased as you are AF. You know just as well as I on the 2008 Pay Scale which is not biased to any branch

So no E-5 AF makes more than a E-5 in Navy, Marines, Army. Time in grade yes...but you put ANY same time in grade and rank, and they will make the same.

There ARE COMBAT MOS's and SUPPORT MOS'S in the ARMY and MARINES.

AF and Navy, there are as well....Combat Controller, PJ's, Seal's, etc.

For example, in the ARMY. If you choose a support MOS that is open to all genders....most cases you will goto Ft Jackson for basic training. IF you are COMBAT MOS such as Infantry/CAV/Combat Engineer you will head to FT Benning which is a more oriented towards Combat MOS's.

I'm sorry that you can't find a woman outside the military because, theres plenty of them that are hotter and smarter.

Everyone can think what they like and be biased and such because everyone has a brother,mother,cousin,sister,uncle that was in the military.

Do your own research, because it's out there. All over the internet.

Baby J, I suggest you do more research....because your trying to "regulate" on me but you don't even have a leg to stand on because of what you heard from a few hundred marines and navy seamen...please.

so 1........f'in relax before you try and regulate on things you obviously know nothing about except AF.

95alty
04-04-2008, 06:23 AM
Well since you asked.... MARINES BABY OOH_FUKN_RAH KILL!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

only because i am one :)

95alty
04-04-2008, 06:28 AM

hell ya... i dont care what anyone says... those air force girls are FREAKS!!! best looking girls in the service... marines---- EWWW, army- Baby Mama Drama--- navy- MANLY----- air force--- THATS WHERE ITS AT !

thanks for calling out the grunts baby j

mitch lab
04-04-2008, 06:33 AM
Getting your degree first allows you to get a commission in the military which in turn has much better opportunities, pay, and also better jobs.(well at at least for me because i want to be a pilot and in order to be a pilot you have to be an officer.)

even tho you have a degree first dont mean they can go to ocs. Gotta have a 4 years degree, then they make you take a test to see if you even qualify. So having a degree doesn't mean you get to go to ocs.

Motivation
04-04-2008, 07:11 AM
BTW... for the few of you that feel like this thread is to bash other military branches, you are wrong. So if you are looking to do so, gtfo or stfu... :goodjob: U.S.A. needs and benefits from all the branches. If one of them is out of the spectrum, everything changes.

Dietcoke
04-04-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm in the Army, but the Air Force takes the best care of its troops, in and out of service. They also have the best facilities.

BABY J
04-04-2008, 08:49 AM
how about I know what the f I am talking about, because it's in black in white for you to see aka military.com, goarmy.com, rpi's.

People are throwing out left and right about how AF pays more. Which is far from true. Your opinnion is going to be biased as you are AF. You know just as well as I on the 2008 Pay Scale which is not biased to any branch

Who the f*ck is "people"? Show me where I said that any branch pays more than another. My opinion is not an opinion - MY opinion is fact. I served. And I served alongside seaman, grunts, jar-heads and any other name you can come up with. The things I mentioned in this thread is the very things we stayed up in Saudi, Baghdad, D'jbouti, Cairo and the million other places I've been and discussed amongst each other. Another thing internet guy... the websites u speak of is marketing --- just like a recruiter. Keep believing everything you read on the internet -- in fact, that's what those sites are designed for - for you to THINK you know what you're getting into. Looks like the machine is working as advertised.

So no E-5 AF makes more than a E-5 in Navy, Marines, Army. Time in grade yes...but you put ANY same time in grade and rank, and they will make the same.

Keep talking and make yourself look stupid... you're proving my point perfectly. I was aircrew - I got flight-pay. If you were not aircrew you didn't get that. That's just ONE example of MANY how the same grade in the same service (or difference services) can make different pay. You still wanna argue or are you gonna shut what they call the f*ck up while you are behind?

There ARE COMBAT MOS's and SUPPORT MOS'S in the ARMY and MARINES. AF and Navy, there are as well....Combat Controller, PJ's, Seal's, etc. For example, in the ARMY. If you choose a support MOS that is open to all genders....most cases you will goto Ft Jackson for basic training. IF you are COMBAT MOS such as Infantry/CAV/Combat Engineer you will head to FT Benning which is a more oriented towards Combat MOS's.

Once again - propaganda. When you have personal friends that are COOKS, SECRETARIES, FINANCE TROOPS, PEST CONTROL come home in body bags while you have other personal friends that are f*ckin INFANTRY and Spec Ops come home w/out a scratch, THEN you tell me that there is a difference between a combat and a support MOS. The only difference is on paper. I hope you go in the Army as a cook and I hope you believe the recruiter when he tells you that you will be fine b/c you have a measly "support" MOS. Keep talking Sherlock.

I'm sorry that you can't find a woman outside the military because, theres plenty of them that are hotter and smarter.

http://www.seriouscustoms.com/lmao/bush_uhhh.gif

LMAO!! You OBVIOUSLY have no clue who you are talking to. I get more pu$$y on accident than you get on purpose. And nothing you say/do will change that. That was the case when I was in the military, and that's the case today. I always wondered why I saw those frogs down by the swamp w/ your ugly a$s face on it --- it's from all the sperm you send down the drain in the shower.

Everyone can think what they like and be biased and such because everyone has a brother,mother,cousin,sister,uncle that was in the military. Do your own research, because it's out there. All over the internet.

Holy sh*t yoo arrr a jeanious!! Do my own RESEARCH?? LMAO!! Yeah - "it's on the internet" - LOL!! I served kid --- I don't need to research on the internet. That's your job.

Baby J, I suggest you do more research....because your trying to "regulate" on me but you don't even have a leg to stand on because of what you heard from a few hundred marines and navy seamen...please. So 1........f'in relax before you try and regulate on things you obviously know nothing about except AF.

I'm not even gonna pick you apart. Just think a lil bit b4 u try to regulate on people who were just offering their view (even tho he was wrong about a few things). B/c you ended up being wrong about more.

BABY J
04-04-2008, 08:52 AM
What do I know? Nothing at all. You win -- everything I said I found on the internet.

http://www.seriouscustoms.com/babyj/BAGHDAD.JPG

http://www.seriouscustoms.com/babyj/CAIRO.JPG

http://www.seriouscustoms.com/babyj/FLIGHTSUIT.JPG

tony
04-04-2008, 09:01 AM
he was referring to officers being payed more than enlisted. and also look at years of service compared between the 2, year for year and advancement for advancement and officer will always make more than enlisted.

Thanks, I don't think he even read my post. As you said.. I stated that officers are paid more than enlisted.. not one branch making more than the other.

I got a good idea of the contrast between the Army and Air Force since I grew up on Elmendorf AFB and Ft. Richardson is right next to the base. I cannot say one is better than the other since it really depends on the individual, my cousin did extremely well in the army (as an officer) and is now the VP of a fortune 500 company and I believe it has a lot to do with his service, from my understanding it is easier to gain rank in the Army as well. The Air Force is trying to cut their force down so it may be harder to get in.

BABY J
04-04-2008, 09:04 AM
^^ Very well said Tony. It is also easier to lose rank the Army as well. :)

95alty
04-04-2008, 11:44 AM
its the easiest to gain rank in the marine corps... all you have to do is get combat... my cousin is a 17month NCO... its crazy... we have 22 year old e-6s all due to combat time... we are combat oriented so thats how we get our rank...

Spektrewing386
04-04-2008, 03:28 PM
http://www.seriouscustoms.com/babyj/BAGHDAD.JPG

kind of looks like Denzel Washington.

anyway.. my grandpa's brother was a F-100 fighter pilot.. grandpa was on some navy ships. and great grandpa in the army!

im going air force.

yeaiwonder88
04-04-2008, 04:01 PM
its the easiest to gain rank in the marine corps... all you have to do is get combat... my cousin is a 17month NCO... its crazy... we have 22 year old e-6s all due to combat time... we are combat oriented so thats how we get our rank...

e-1/e-5 combat service has nothing to do with picking up in the Corps....And if i remember correctly MCI, PFT, RIFLE RANGE, PROS CONS, help you pick up CPL. And its BASED OFF YOUR MOS!!! some have harder time picking up if there mos is closed or open....I mean I wouldnt know i just got back 2.5 weeks ago so IDK... :dunno:

CopyRight
04-04-2008, 08:21 PM
hey baby j nuts.

I am in the Army. My second re-enlistment actually.

Calling me a kid? ha....good one.

Of fvcking course you got flight pay dumbass! you're AIRFORCE. You don't get SDAP or Drill SGT pay do you?! Why? because you are neither. READ WHAT I AM SAYING TO YOU. EACH BRANCH HAS THEIR OWN SPECIFIC SPECIAL EXTRA DUTY PAY. Do you get submarine pay? no. That doesn't mean they get paid more.

BASE PAY is the SAME for everyone. AGAIN, only difference in each branch is their special pay....not everyone in the AF gets flight pay, do they?

You want to know why cooks, carpenters and truck drivers are getting hit? Because our enemy has "intel" as well and do understand the fact that hitting non combat mos's are easier targets than an infantry or tank formation. Why do you think the Army has re-vamped the whole basic training schedule? Everyone learns convoy live fire now...everyone learns how to take down and clear a room. 8 years ago, that was only combat mos specific.

I've been in country, I've been in,around, all over the Sunni Triangle.....where I am quite sure you never have been....you've been where? Kuwait? Baghdad?

I've also been to Bosnia and Dijibouti for peace keeping missions.

I wasn't ordered to go anywhere, I VOLUNTEERED for every deployment I have ever been on. I've been in plenty of units because I wanted to go places and learn new things, not just stuck in an Infantry or MI Bn. So I've been in support units and first line units.

If you think the govt is such a propaganda war machine and everyone is out to lie to you....then why are you even here? Apparently America is so bad and President Bush is the devil. I bet you are probably voting for Obama like the rest of the liberal sheep who believes his crap on "change"....what's gonna happen? He's gonna get in office and do what the hell he wants...because he suckered everyone just like everyone else does to get into office.

You can call me names all day...I'm not the slightest bit mad or offended...I thank you for your service, because all branches are essential...but I strongly believe in military service for all our young people...hell, I want it to be mandatory for at least 2 years, but it won't happen and my fellow brothers will continue to die for people who abuse their rights and freedoms that people in the military protect.

I want everyone to be informed. Conspiracy theories are just that....theories. Every branch has a website which gives you pay scales, jobs, etc. Military.com covers it all.....and it seems to me they have more AF related stuff pic/vids than any other branch....I don't see how that website is made to lie to anyone.

95alty
04-04-2008, 08:34 PM
e-1/e-5 combat service has nothing to do with picking up in the Corps....And if i remember correctly MCI, PFT, RIFLE RANGE, PROS CONS, help you pick up CPL. And its BASED OFF YOUR MOS!!! some have harder time picking up if there mos is closed or open....I mean I wouldnt know i just got back 2.5 weeks ago so IDK... :dunno:

Your right... but combat always helps... my pft stays steady between 280-295, rifle is expert, and my fitreps are usually 4s and a few 5s... but your right... i apologize for not telling the army and airforce kids... plus what do they know about a real pft?:cheers:

SixSquared
04-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Air Force... I only say that cause I'm *ahem* good friends with a girl in the Air Force so I know more about it than any of the other branches.

And Air Force girls... holy... HELL...

Spektrewing386
04-05-2008, 02:03 PM
yeah, they dont get sand in their vagina like the other girls (literaly)

jumpin800agl
04-05-2008, 02:46 PM
This thread is honestly one of the worst military threads I have read. Most of the people posting have horrible information.

The12lber
04-05-2008, 07:21 PM
You can call me names all day...I'm not the slightest bit mad or offended...I thank you for your service, because all branches are essential...but I strongly believe in military service for all our young people...hell, I want it to be mandatory for at least 2 years, but it won't happen and my fellow brothers will continue to die for people who abuse their rights and freedoms that people in the military protect.

You mentioned your service in Iraq.

No Americans who died in Iraq died defending America's sovereignty, the safety of our nation's people or anyone's rights but the Iraqi's. If you disagree you're welcome to it but it would be best that you explained this - considering there were no Weapons of Mass destruction in Iraq for some years and Saddam Hussein's secular government never played host to any Islamic extremist movements such as A.Q. and Saddam/Osama were enemies (the alternative rhetoric back in the day - 2002/2003 - was that if WMDs weren't good enough for you, there's terrorists too!).

If the military, you know, was exclusively about defending ourselves then you could make a logical argument for compulsory military service. But when the military is being used to service special interests, not so much.

Don't get me wrong, your service is admirable, but the notion that Americans should be forced into combat to preserve interests that are not their own is kind of offensive.

As a side note, I don't know, but it seems unlikely to me that you understand enough about politics to throw around the word "liberal" like that in and of itself is derogatory.

FasTech
04-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Well, got to go with the army..... #1. Army pays more, knowing this because I have three friend in the military, one's in the army, one's in the navy, and the other is in the air force. I also have a cousin in the marines. #2. They offer more jobs..... I back my answer, because I plan to join the army in about 9 months... So I have checked everthing within all the branches

soul
04-06-2008, 10:07 AM
i have friends in family in all service but i prefer army, brother has the best stories lol, he is exranger,specops, did a little delta and currently works/contracts for Triple Canopy,

Schugg
04-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Navy and Air Force both have technological advantages and will serve you better for when you get out. Still, some of us didn't join to sit behind a desk and play Command & Conquer. We actually wanted to be in the fire. :goodjob:

im in the airforce, do you know what you are talking about? i dont think so, yeah alot of it is desk jobs, but i dont see why no one wants to recognize that the airforce still has all the other jobs that people find other services so admirable for and recognize them for. we have all the "hardass" jobs whatever you want to call them that every other services positions for, but people only seem to see that we also have desk jobs, and think thats all we are. sure all the services are going to always talk **** about each other, but we still have all the other jobs people join other services for.

Schugg
04-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Well, got to go with the army..... #1. Army pays more, knowing this because I have three friend in the military, one's in the army, one's in the navy, and the other is in the air force. I also have a cousin in the marines. #2. They offer more jobs..... I back my answer, because I plan to join the army in about 9 months... So I have checked everthing within all the branches

i thought basic pay was the same for all services, only differences is in special pays. im guessing that high ass enlistment bonus sucked you in

Schugg
04-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks, I don't think he even read my post. As you said.. I stated that officers are paid more than enlisted.. not one branch making more than the other.

I got a good idea of the contrast between the Army and Air Force since I grew up on Elmendorf AFB and Ft. Richardson is right next to the base. I cannot say one is better than the other since it really depends on the individual, my cousin did extremely well in the army (as an officer) and is now the VP of a fortune 500 company and I believe it has a lot to do with his service, from my understanding it is easier to gain rank in the Army as well. The Air Force is trying to cut their force down so it may be harder to get in.

yeah people are getting kicked out of the airforce left and right. one girl i went through BMT and tech school with just got out/wanted out and said she was gay, next day she was gone. we have another kid who i personally think is mentally challenged and he is getting kicked out cause he is stupid/off in the head

ussredcrown
04-06-2008, 12:24 PM
id say go with the navy, they garuntee your job and under no circumstances can they change it without your consent (marines, army, and airforce all have stipulations in thier contract saying that if your mos is full and needs noone else the branch may then choose your job.) also, base pay is not better in the army, at that, army really doesnt have that much going for them, marines would be my second choice, mainly because marines get more respect then any other branch, so marines or navy, its a tossup, you either want glory or education

(real quick edit: im not insulting the army, they're just as needed as any other branch, but being in the navy, and im sure others in their own branches will agree, your officers and everyone else kinda force ya to believe that your branch is superior)

ussredcrown
04-06-2008, 12:35 PM
I don't know the specifics but I do know with a degree you go in as an Commissioned Officer rather than enlisted.. it opens up a lot of doors for you in the Air Force.

Lets just put it this way, my dad spent 23 years in the Air Force.. he entered without a degree and he made me promise if I was to ever join the Military that I would obtain a college education first. At the end of his service, even with his rank he had to take orders from new Commissioned Officers fresh out of college.

navy offers a program called seaman to admiral, which allows new recruits who excell in a school and show community service to attend college completly free for 4 years, with navy pay of your mos, and no shore duty, and once you recieve your degree you becom an NCO.....i believe that all branches have a program like this, the armed services can make you a rich mother****er, you just have to know how to use it right and not go become a manican they controll

soul
04-06-2008, 12:36 PM
id say go with the navy, they garuntee your job and under no circumstances can they change it without your consent (marines, army, and airforce all have stipulations in thier contract saying that if your mos is full and needs noone else the branch may then choose your job.) also, base pay is not better in the army, at that, army really doesnt have that much going for them, marines would be my second choice, mainly because marines get more respect then any other branch, so marines or navy, its a tossup, you either want glory or education

(real quick edit: im not insulting the army, they're just as needed as any other branch, but being in the navy, and im sure others in their own branches will agree, your officers and everyone else kinda force ya to believe that your branch is superior)
i was agreeing with all that till u got to the marine part, and said cause they get more respect

95alty
04-06-2008, 01:17 PM

My sig is proof the army doesnt "PAY MORE".... everyone gets paid the same... e1-e9 , 01-010... its the incentives of flight pay, hazard pay, jump pay, etc... that come into play... im an e2 making more than e4s

ussredcrown
04-06-2008, 01:18 PM
well, its not that they deserve the extra respect, but if you took a member of each branch in their uniforms to a public place, each one saying what branch they represented, the marine would normally pull more of a crowd, but i believe that a marine is no more special then an army grunt, they both do the same job, and both are expected to uphold the same codes.

burnout1990
04-06-2008, 01:42 PM
We all take the same oath of enlistment....we all choose are own paths... the "my branch is better than your branch because" **** is getting old. We enlisted for some reason no matter what it was...

soul
04-06-2008, 01:52 PM
My sig is proof the army doesnt "PAY MORE".... everyone gets paid the same... e1-e9 , 01-010... its the incentives of flight pay, hazard pay, jump pay, etc... that come into play... im an e2 making more than e4s
whats your sig have to do with nething? i know people that work at mcdonalds that drive the same car.... so your not saying much, bad awy to prove your point....

khaxnguyen
04-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Army National Guard. After training you only have to go to drill duties once a month for one weekend. you can go to shcool and they'll pay for college. good deal! you can live in GA too!

soul
04-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Army National Guard. After training you only have to go to drill duties once a month for one weekend. you can go to shcool and they'll pay for college. good deal! you can live in GA too!
yup, get a easy paycheck/school paid for cant complain, and runa very low % of actually getting called n for nething

Truegiant
04-06-2008, 02:49 PM
I spent the time reading through most of the comments in here. From what I can gather almost all of these comments are coming from people who have never served. All branches serve a purpose. The "mines better than yours" doesnt really apply unless your talking about job specific percs or benefits. I can tell you first hand that even though the air force doesnt have an infantry force they still get all the newest latest and greatest tactical gear. Just coming back from a deployment I can tell you my MOS (military occupational specialty) pride kicks in and I will tell you I love the army. I can also tell you I hate the army. Its a large enough force that if your not a ****bag you can pretty much pick and choose where you want to go and to what job you want. Alot of the jobs in the army are based on asvab scores and the like. If your not a dumbass you can do whatever you want! YES! YOU CAN! All you have to do is tell the MEPS personal that if they dont give you the job you wont enlist. Trust me.. thats what i did. They need you more than you think. At times your going to do things you dont want to do but thats part of the job. I am leaving for selections (Special Forces Selections) in a couple of months and am looking forward to getting the crap smoked out of me for long durations of time. The air force personel that had to deploy to iraq that I met only had to do three month tours and they lived in the nicest barracks i had ever seen. Their barracks are better than my joes barracks here at stewart. Anywho.. but its like someone prior mentioned, some of us did not join to play "war games" on the computer behind a desk.

But I will be the first and not the last to tell you, if your not in now or have served in the past, please do not give mis-guided info to other potential applicants that are interested in joining. I will tell you that I do not get paid the best , but getting up everyday and putting on the uniform and representing the flag and my country does make me feel a little proud. And i get to yell at dirty privates.. that never gets old!

soul
04-06-2008, 02:52 PM
I spent the time reading through most of the comments in here. From what I can gather almost all of these comments are coming from people who have never served. All branches serve a purpose. The "mines better than yours" doesnt really apply unless your talking about job specific percs or benefits. I can tell you first hand that even though the air force doesnt have an infantry force they still get all the newest latest and greatest tactical gear. Just coming back from a deployment I can tell you my MOS (military occupational specialty) pride kicks in and I will tell you I love the army. I can also tell you I hate the army. Its a large enough force that if your not a ****bag you can pretty much pick and choose where you want to go and to what job you want. Alot of the jobs in the army are based on asvab scores and the like. If your not a dumbass you can do whatever you want! YES! YOU CAN! All you have to do is tell the MEPS personal that if they dont give you the job you wont enlist. Trust me.. thats what i did. They need you more than you think. At times your going to do things you dont want to do but thats part of the job. I am leaving for selections (Special Forces Selections) in a couple of months and am looking forward to getting the crap smoked out of me for long durations of time. The air force personel that had to deploy to iraq that I met only had to do three month tours and they lived in the nicest barracks i had ever seen. Their barracks are better than my joes barracks here at stewart. Anywho.. but its like someone prior mentioned, some of us did not join to play "war games" on the computer behind a desk.

But I will be the first and not the last to tell you, if your not in now or have served in the past, please do not give mis-guided info to other potential applicants that are interested in joining. I will tell you that I do not get paid the best , but getting up everyday and putting on the uniform and representing the flag and my country does make me feel a little proud. And i get to yell at dirty privates.. that never gets old!
you forgot raping and pillidging that the funnest part........ lol j/k

Truegiant
04-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Your right... but combat always helps... my pft stays steady between 280-295, rifle is expert, and my fitreps are usually 4s and a few 5s... but your right... i apologize for not telling the army and airforce kids... plus what do they know about a real pft?:cheers:

hahahahahahahahahaha.... you guys do crunch's... and pull ups... wow.. those are real hard!!!! I wish they would change our run to a three mile though. that would help those of us in shape out!

Z33_kid
04-06-2008, 05:35 PM
id say airforce i believe u can learn a few things that help when your out of it plus u get paid more

soul
04-06-2008, 05:42 PM
id say airforce i believe u can learn a few things that help when your out of it plus u get paid more
holy f.cuk have you read ne f.ucking thing in this thread?

jumpin800agl
04-06-2008, 06:09 PM
I was going to make a long post explaining some stuff about the Army from a Recruiter's knowledge but now I am not. . . it's too much effort for a Sunday.:D

soul
04-06-2008, 06:40 PM
I was going to make a long post explaining some stuff about the Army from a Recruiter's knowledge but now I am not. . . it's too much effort for a Sunday.:D
are you a recruiter or from "your" recruiter? either way, im sorry, but recruiters are full of **** 95% of time

Truegiant
04-06-2008, 07:48 PM
the only thing that wasnt a lie that came out of my recruiters mouth was, the fact that the only two things i would want when i graduated basic was a cold beer and some pusssy. and that was spot on!

95alty
04-06-2008, 09:37 PM
I was lied to... soul have you served? or you heard things... truthfully, i feel that my service is great... but it has its bad sides... everyones does... or it wouldnt be the military...air force has the money... we know that... navy has some money too... army... too many good soldiers and more dirtbags... marines... well we are the most respected in the public eye... but we also have dirtbags... thats life...

And soul... find me a picture of someone at mcdonalds whipping my car and ill believe you

BanginJimmy
04-06-2008, 10:05 PM
I am going to say Marine Corps for several reasons, all of which are from personal experience.

1. The individual leadership take better care of their troops. When I was in Japan I was the only inspector in my shop. I worked 6 days a week every week. About 2 months before I left the country I asked my NCOIC if I could take some leave. He told me I couldnt because I was the only inspector, but went on to say that I could take a week off so long as I stopped in once a day to take care of sign offs.

2. The Corps takes better care of the troops by foregoing on creature comforts in garrison and instead spending budget money on better equipment. Some things you may have heard about:
Marines were the first to have Digi camo. Corps went to the Army when research started looking to collaborate. Army turned them down and said that the current uniforms were fine. We see where that ended up.
Marines developed an uparmor program for unarmored vehicles. Asked the Army to go in on the project. Army declined saying that the armor wouldnt be needed.

3. Prestige. 2 average looking guys go into a bar wearing their dress uniform. 1 is in Marine Corps dress blues, the other in Army greens. Who gets laid first? We all know what those Marine dress blues do to women.

4. Esprit de Corps. I spent 9 years in the corps and now I am in the NG. The Corps was so much tighter than the guard is that you cant even begin to compare it.

5. Reputation among enemies. When I as in Asscrackistan the Army convoys were having alot of problems with ambushes in the mountians while the Marine units running the exact same convoy wouldnt see a thing. Also when Marine Aircraft flew overhead anyone carrying a weapon would drop their weapon and put their hands up, Army pilots were constantly reporting that people were taking shots at them in broad daylight.

CosmoLTW
04-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Actually the SEALs have seen plenty of action. Most of them over in Afghanistan. The main job for the SEALs right now is anti-terror. As a matter of fact that is pretty much all they are used for right now. Just because they're Navy doesn't mean they are anywhere near water.

jumpin800agl
04-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Actually the SEALs have seen plenty of action. Most of them over in Afghanistan. The main job for the SEALs right now is anti-terror. As a matter of fact that is pretty much all they are used for right now. Just because they're Navy doesn't mean they are anywhere near water.
All of the different Special Operations units are active in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Both Delta and the Seal teams are very good at what they do trust me.

Julio
04-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I joined the Army but only got to serve for 2 years due to a back injury caused by a training accident. They medically discharged me and started paying me disability so at least they're taking care of me. :goodjob:

The average Marine doesn't put anymore on the line than your normal Army grunt. For the most part, they're just overglorified.

Funny.. paying for disability ? How much are they paying you ? I bet is not ****.. So I dont think they are taking care of you.

Spektrewing386
04-11-2008, 06:38 PM
5. Reputation among enemies. When I as in Asscrackistan the Army convoys were having alot of problems with ambushes in the mountians while the Marine units running the exact same convoy wouldnt see a thing. Also when Marine Aircraft flew overhead anyone carrying a weapon would drop their weapon and put their hands up, Army pilots were constantly reporting that people were taking shots at them in broad daylight.

lol

And how can the average Mohammed Joe know the difference between an Army convoy and a Marine convoy? and why would they care?

And you think they would actually give a crap if the helicopter that flew over their head was Army or Marines? Im sure every terrorist with a 5th grade education knows the difference between American military branches and how to tell them apart while getting shot at from a distance without walking straight up to them and reading the service branch patch over their left breast pocket, if they even speak english.

What ever you experienced was mere coincidence.

jumpin800agl
04-11-2008, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=BanginJimmy]I am going to say Marine Corps for several reasons, all of which are from personal experience.

2. The Corps takes better care of the troops by foregoing on creature comforts in garrison and instead spending budget money on better equipment. Some things you may have heard about:
Marines were the first to have Digi camo. Corps went to the Army when research started looking to collaborate. Army turned them down and said that the current uniforms were fine. We see where that ended up.
Marines developed an uparmor program for unarmored vehicles. Asked the Army to go in on the project. Army declined saying that the armor wouldnt be needed.

4. Esprit de Corps. I spent 9 years in the corps and now I am in the NG. The Corps was so much tighter than the guard is that you cant even begin to compare it.

QUOTE]
2) This may have changed by now but when I was in Fallujah Iraq and the Marines replaced us there their equpment was not nearly as good as ours. I say this because not every soldier had Night Vision or IR lasers on their weaposn for nightfires. Plus their rules of engagement really placed thim in a lot of unnecessary danger even though we had told them everything that had worked well for us in our 8.5 months there.
4) I would definitely agree on this point but you really have to think, you are comparing apples to oranges. The Active duty Marines will always be more disciplined and a closer bunch than a unit from the NG that only works together one weekend a month and possibly if they are deployed.

On a side note, we lost one man in Iraq. Within 3 days of my battalion leaving Fallujah they lost 7 guys and were completely booted from the city within a month, until the fall of 2004 when they finally retook the city.
I was with 1-505 PIR 82d ABN DIV.

All the branches are good at what they do though if used effectively.

The12lber
04-11-2008, 06:58 PM
I know that - a SEAL team was involved in that chinook shootdown in Afghanistan. Regardless, I wasn't saying that they hadn't seen action or that they only fought near water.

The implication is that seeing as how Delta is part of the army, logically, it would be employed more regularly for a multitude of reasons.

But I don't really know, I doubt anyone posting here is privy to that kind of information. This is all just speculation.

The12lber
04-11-2008, 07:05 PM

Obviously. If I were an insurgent in Afghanistan and I saw an Apache I'd definitely try to take it out. Probably by waving my **** in their general direction in the hopes of demoralizing them.

But if I saw a Cobra, I'd be like "Man, **** this ****. Jihad is lame. I'm going to go home, get a productive job not related to the production of heroin, watch American Idol and become a model world citizen."

I see this making sense.

BanginJimmy
04-11-2008, 07:39 PM
2 very easy ways for them to know if the units were Army or Marine.

1. Marine Helicopters are painted a light grey. They were frequently called grey witches. Army helicopters are green and stick out like a sore thumb when flying. Also Marine attack helicopters are Cobras, noone can mistake them for an Apache.

2. Marine convoys were made with with 7 ton trucks and multiple hummers. The army ones only used hummers as lead and trail vehicles and the biggest vehicles they used were 5 tons.

BanginJimmy
04-11-2008, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=jumpin800agl2) This may have changed by now but when I was in Fallujah Iraq and the Marines replaced us there their equpment was not nearly as good as ours. I say this because not every soldier had Night Vision or IR lasers on their weaposn for nightfires. Plus their rules of engagement really placed thim in a lot of unnecessary danger even though we had told them everything that had worked well for us in our 8.5 months there.
4) I would definitely agree on this point but you really have to think, you are comparing apples to oranges. The Active duty Marines will always be more disciplined and a closer bunch than a unit from the NG that only works together one weekend a month and possibly if they are deployed.

On a side note, we lost one man in Iraq. Within 3 days of my battalion leaving Fallujah they lost 7 guys and were completely booted from the city within a month, until the fall of 2004 when they finally retook the city.
I was with 1-505 PIR 82d ABN DIV.

All the branches are good at what they do though if used effectively.[/QUOTE]

In early 04 the uparmor program was just starting to get online. Very few units had them and those that did get them got them in about mid 04 and were deployed with them in late 04. Before that it was sparse in country with only VIPs getting them.

Also my experience is with Afghanistan. I dont know much about what individual units had in Iraq.

Spektrewing386
04-11-2008, 08:42 PM

1. Marine Helicopters are painted a light grey. They were frequently called grey witches. Army helicopters are green and stick out like a sore thumb when flying. Also Marine attack helicopters are Cobras, noone can mistake them for an Apache.

2. Marine convoys were made with with 7 ton trucks and multiple hummers. The army ones only used hummers as lead and trail vehicles and the biggest vehicles they used were 5 tons.

oh course! every enemy soldier knows that! even if they did, why they hell would they NOT shoot at Marines?

im pretty sure the enemy doesnt give a flying crap about "reputation"

ahmonrah
04-11-2008, 09:59 PM
navy.....nas pensacola: avionics tech-shore duty.

BanginJimmy
04-11-2008, 10:09 PM
oh course! every enemy soldier knows that! even if they did, why they hell would they NOT shoot at Marines?

im pretty sure the enemy doesnt give a flying crap about "reputation"

my experience says different.

road1will
04-12-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm in the Navy and couldn't be happier.

Truegiant
04-12-2008, 03:12 PM
But I don't really know, I doubt anyone posting here is privy to that kind of information. This is all just speculation.

i dont think i would make that assumption!

Truegiant
04-12-2008, 03:16 PM

the type of vehicle in a convoy is solely based on unit, Mett-t, and of course whatever the mission dictates. Anywho.. Maybe they new the Apache pilots were the only ones who actually got clearance to blow **** up in your AO. I saw it in Ramadi during my last deployment. The haji would target certain aircraft in certain areas because they new that the pilot would not get clearance to engage due to collateral damage and risk assesements..

BanginJimmy
04-12-2008, 08:40 PM
The Marine pilots engaged anyone that shot at them no matter the AO. The Army on the other hand had to get clearance to fire even after they got shot at.

As far as the convoys went, I am only talking about the support vehicles, not the vehicles actually carrying supplies.

Paree4g63
04-12-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm thinkn about joining the AirForce.. Gotta secure my future somehow and this is a good way.. Probably join in a few months when i am READY! :goodjob:

Spektrewing386
04-12-2008, 10:41 PM
The Marine pilots engaged anyone that shot at them no matter the AO. The Army on the other hand had to get clearance to fire even after they got shot at.

As far as the convoys went, I am only talking about the support vehicles, not the vehicles actually carrying supplies.

whatever you say, its called "exploiting", not "reputation". you make it sound like one branch is better than another or has more prestige, but it's not.

tron
04-12-2008, 10:52 PM
because its the branch im goin to join....

DrAE86Toreno
04-13-2008, 03:31 PM
im a navy corpsman..so i take care of drunk marines on/off battle so yay :D

GIXXERDK
04-13-2008, 08:55 PM
whatever you say, its called "exploiting", not "reputation". you make it sound like one branch is better than another or has more prestige, but it's not.

I dont know man, the general American public see's Marines with the most respect.

Motivation
04-13-2008, 09:37 PM
I dont know man, the general American public see's Marines with the most respect.

The general American public sees what they put on tv, and what they tell the public is more respectable... Americans think just because of what they hear on tv that's what they should side with... In all actuallity by doing so, people also start saying that other branches are lower on the list which is not good. You don't hear about 90+% of the things that other branches do or what is actually happening. I think it really depends on who is answering the question. Who has served in their family, or what branch they served in personally, then it plays into personaly pride for their branch. Which is definitely understandable.

95alty
04-13-2008, 09:49 PM
im a navy corpsman..so i take care of drunk marines on/off battle so yay :D

HELL YA CORPSMAN... OOH-RAH... a marines marine

Motivation
04-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Welcome back from the field alty.

95alty
04-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks man... it sucked... horribly... but i had fun... its just down time was 2 hours in between excercises... sometimes even longer... to hike back to the TOC was about a mile... and i had full gear and it was hot as hell... but none the less im back and cant complain

Motivation
04-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I read you enjoyed the live fire over your head in the other thread. ha... Just think, it's always better for it to be fired above your head than at your head.

Motivation
04-14-2008, 09:47 AM
I think this is how it should be. Every branch next to each other (even though it is just a representation) working together to serve one purpose. As you notice, no branch's flag is raised higher than the other. Only the American flag is raised higher.

kfzemx3
04-14-2008, 01:43 PM
I did the navy, got a great education, great experience and learned how to drink and curse. Got My Silver Dolphins too :) Surface and Air are for the weak, nothing like being on a nuclear weapon that is designed to Sink.

Go Navy!

Never Again Volunteer Yourself

Whiteboy™
04-15-2008, 09:39 PM
None are better, all are equal. I voted navy b/c i am in the navy you should add an All option or something

Motivation
04-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I should have. I shouldn't have put the word "better" in the question. It was meant to be which do you like more... Thanks for serving,

TehHakingS14
04-25-2008, 08:41 AM
im joining teh airforce in july ot august....;)

tony
04-25-2008, 10:24 AM
im joining teh airforce in july ot august....;)

After much thought I'm taking the same path.. I wont be going enlisted though.

jumpin800agl
04-25-2008, 10:29 AM
If anyone has any questions about the enlistment process for the Army or just general questions feel free to PM me. I am a recruiter at the moment.