PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger1!!

Just_CHill
04-03-2008, 08:14 AM
I've always been set on supercharging whatever swap I get into my car, but people always say turbo it. I'm still going to go SC but does anyone out there have any testimonies about their SC'ed Honda? Any good setups or dyno's?

Motivation
04-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Ive seen a few SC'd ludes around, they were decent... I prefer turbo's, but props to you doing what YOU actually like and not what every1 else wants you to do...

94ludeguy
04-03-2008, 10:28 AM
ya i know a guy in duluth with a JRSC on his lude and he is putting down like 240 to the wheels. he has had it for like 20K miles and no issue yet. some will argue it more reliable or less maintenance. i can agree on the maintenance but if a turbo setup is done right it can be just as reliable

Motivation
04-03-2008, 10:36 AM
x2, it usually depends on the install, set-up, and tune...

brandenj
04-03-2008, 10:39 AM
i swapped in a d16z6 and put a jrsc on it. i also got a y8 crank which is oversized compared to the z6 crank pulley so it will increase my boost from 6lbs to 7.5 which isnt bad for the $20 spent on the crank pulley. I'm in the process of getting rc440's from some guy for $220 for the boost upgrade b/c your stock's are fine if your only going to run w/ the stock 6lbs of boost jrsc. but hopefulley im going to get the stepper pulley's to get 9.5lbs of boost out of my s/c. then i'll be good. I also have d-c sports 4-1, test pipe, 2.5 exaust, customs cai, cooler termastat for the boost increase and iridium plugs. i'm hoping to get low to mid 14's in the 1/4 mile w/ this set-up. I say w/ the jrsc kit and a lsd you can hit mid 14's easy on a d-series engine. my friend is getting a jrsc soon for his gsr teg.

The overall street-ability of the s/c is great once you get it tuned but hondata, crome, or whatever you want to use. im getting it tuned soon w/ the hondata s300. After the tune i'll get a dyno of it. A good guess of mine would be 170hp at 7.5 lbs of boost and 180-185 w/ the 9.5lbs of boost. on a jrsc dont go over the 9.5 b/c they can get hot unless you get one of the intercoolers by LHT performance in Florida, but if you have a d-series they dont make them anymore, but they do for b-series or h-series i believe.

If you want a good stoplight to stoplight car, or a good dd, get the s/c you'll be happy with it. but don't be looking for a drag car. i only take mine for drag days about 2 times a year with my carclub. I just drive mine for a dd are for fun really most the time around town and to show's.

Hit me up if you need anymore info an jrsc's. mine is on a d-series but im getting into jrsc on dohc's as well coming up so i know alot about those as well, im just more expeirnced w/ the d engines.

94ludeguy
04-03-2008, 12:13 PM
X2^^^^ pretty much killed it with the explanation accept they dont make an intercooler kit for h-series engine.:( so unless u swap engines u dont have to worry about it

brandenj
04-03-2008, 12:20 PM
they dont make them for h-series, i guess i just figured they did, my bad. b/c i've called them before and they named the engine they make them for but i know for sure they dont make them ford's anymore and i guess h's either. i guess b-series ftw

Just_CHill
04-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Well good thing I will have a B-Series engine in it then.

01CDMLUDER
04-03-2008, 02:25 PM
i have a jrsc'd lude and i love it! very reliable if tuned correctly!

94ludeguy
04-03-2008, 02:57 PM
^^^hey who asked u lol. jk yeah i mentioned that they didnt have one for the H's for swap reasons if that would be an issue

Sammich
04-03-2008, 02:58 PM
ALMOST everytime i see a s/c setup..its a B18C1 w/ a JRSC...

brandenj
04-03-2008, 04:12 PM
^^^ yes very common

jville95
04-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey real quick, i know this is off the subject but to distinguish JDM from USDM, the VTEC letters are smaller on the USDM versions and bigger on the JDM versions right???

Just_CHill
04-04-2008, 11:26 PM
WTFM8??!?!?!?! That's a weird question for this thread. But there is a difference between the letter sizes.

USDM= Big DOHC letters
JDM= Big VTEC letters

94ludeguy
04-05-2008, 02:29 AM
Hey real quick, i know this is off the subject but to distinguish JDM from USDM, the VTEC letters are smaller on the USDM versions and bigger on the JDM versions right???

lets thread jack a lil more.:no:

Just_CHill
04-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Lol.

T34me
06-26-2008, 08:05 PM
in process of a build. B18b, brand new oem pr4 head, probe h-beam rods, gsr pistons water and oil pump, skunk 2 goodies, and pride and joy JRSC. Build is still in progress, so cant tell you how it runs or anything, just that i did the turbo route with my built d-series and im excited to see the SC side of life.

Just_CHill
06-26-2008, 09:01 PM
in process of a build. B18b, brand new oem pr4 head, probe h-beam rods, gsr pistons water and oil pump, skunk 2 goodies, and pride and joy JRSC. Build is still in progress, so cant tell you how it runs or anything, just that i did the turbo route with my built d-series and im excited to see the SC side of life.
Nice man. Got any pics?

T34me
06-27-2008, 08:21 PM
hmmm...i could probably snap a few quick ones, nothing on file at moment

Just_CHill
06-28-2008, 09:59 AM
hmmm...i could probably snap a few quick ones, nothing on file at moment
Sounds good to me.

PURP
06-30-2008, 08:56 PM
WTFM8??!?!?!?! That's a weird question for this thread. But there is a difference between the letter sizes.

USDM= Big DOHC letters
JDM= Big VTEC letters

this is true, but with VC floating around these days you would not be able to purchase a "JDM" engine with confidence anymore.

SC FTW Chris.. Thank you sir for being different and your own self... a preppy white boy<-- lol

Just_CHill
07-01-2008, 09:51 PM
this is true, but with VC floating around these days you would not be able to purchase a "JDM" engine with confidence anymore.

SC FTW Chris.. Thank you sir for being different and your own self... a preppy white boy<-- lol
Lol, as always man, good times.

I'm definitely going to SC something. I really like the idea and it's a total sleeper! Even if it only goes to 10 psi, that good enough for a dd. Keep me from going crazy with boost too!

T34me
07-02-2008, 12:08 PM
here are those pics bro

Just_CHill
07-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Wow!! That looks good man. Looks like a nice setup! When are you assembling the engine?

DieselNuts
07-02-2008, 01:47 PM
SO WHAT IS THE GENERAL OPINION OF THE VORTEC SUPERCHARGERS? I'VE SEEN THAT THEY MAKE BETTER POWER THAN THE JRSC, BUT I KNOW THEY ARENT VERY COMMON AT ALL.

OPINIONS?

T34me
07-02-2008, 07:12 PM
working on getting a block next, trying to work out somthing with southside on here, but after that it will probably be slow going, im getting married in september, so need to pay for that, but i hope to be completely done with build by christmas.

Just_CHill
07-02-2008, 08:17 PM
SO WHAT IS THE GENERAL OPINION OF THE VORTEC SUPERCHARGERS? I'VE SEEN THAT THEY MAKE BETTER POWER THAN THE JRSC, BUT I KNOW THEY ARENT VERY COMMON AT ALL.

OPINIONS?
Not sure man. I don't see many vendors selling the Vortech's for Honda's.

Just_CHill
07-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Congratz on the marriage man! Definitely takes priority. What type of block are you looking for?

T34me
07-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks! just looking for a b18b block. like i said, think ive got one pinned down, just have to get the money to him before someone else does :)

DieselNuts
07-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Not sure man. I don't see many vendors selling the Vortech's for Honda's.
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=119&cat_key=15
I guess its because they only make it for the B16/18...

Just_CHill
07-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah, only for the SI. That would be perfect for a LS/VTEC. Would kick it up to a good 200 ft/lbs torque! That would be sick for a mild S/C.

Lol at this also. It's below the picture of the S/C SI engine:

Please Note:
*Supercharged horsepower and torque data shown is a calculated estimate based on percentage increases from actual rear wheel hp/tq measurements.
:thinking: :thinking: ......

:lmfao:
Company definitely use to muscle....

slostang
07-07-2008, 02:38 PM
the most common semi powerful sc setup I see is a gsr (b18c1) with jrsc, but for ultimate secks, I want to go k20a2 with a jrsc. :D

DieselNuts
07-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Yeah, only for the SI. That would be perfect for a LS/VTEC. Would kick it up to a good 200 ft/lbs torque! That would be sick for a mild S/C.

Lol at this also. It's below the picture of the S/C SI engine:

Please Note:
*Supercharged horsepower and torque data shown is a calculated estimate based on percentage increases from actual rear wheel hp/tq measurements.
:thinking: :thinking: ......

:lmfao:
Company definitely use to muscle....

:lmfao: Nice find. Vortech is def. used to rwd cars

Just_CHill
07-08-2008, 08:15 AM
:lmfao: Nice find. Vortech is def. used to rwd cars
Yeah. Thye have some nice numbers though. I might have to do a little bit more research to see if that would be the bette one for the money. $5000+ is pretty stiff though.

DieselNuts
07-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Yeah. Thye have some nice numbers though. I might have to do a little bit more research to see if that would be the bette one for the money. $5000+ is pretty stiff though.
yeah, I saw that. I guess you gotta pay to play....but the kit for the 1.8L is about $1K less :thinking:

brandenj
07-28-2008, 06:22 AM
The vortec is better than the jrsc just b/c they can be inter cooled, which means more boost safely, but i hear they're not as responsive as the jrsc root style, but i think the more boost would make up for it. I believe u dont see as many is b/c of the $5000 investment, you could turbo and build a engine for that price. I like my jrsc but only good for 10lbs of boost and the eaton units only really like producing 6-8lbs according the eaton flow charts or some crap like that......Gl man you'll definatly be origional if u go with the vortech though