PDA

View Full Version : Does it ever stop?!?

SwiftGTiRacer
08-14-2005, 01:42 AM
So you start to build a car. You tell yourself N/A will be just fine. Now you want your ride to look good so you start adding some exterior features. Your bored with your interior so you change things around. Then you decide to add a turbo to the car. Now that you add a turbo you blow 4 piston rings and need to a completley new block. So instead of just replacing the rings you get a complete race ready block. You think your done with the car cause its costing to much and your just tired of it. After the block is installed you realize the stock tranny can't handle the power the engine is pushing. So now you need to try and locate a turbo ready tranny, which is almost impossible. Then you need new tires. Now your tired of the old look of your car and you want a new paint job and wheels. DOES IT EVER STOP?!? i officially hate my car!

Swifty

D16Civic
08-14-2005, 01:47 AM
well, umm, NO
but dang, if u hate ur car, ill be glad to take it off ur hands (well, actually, i dont know what u have, but ill still take it)

99ITRGIRL
08-14-2005, 02:19 AM
I have that

Repost Squintz
08-14-2005, 09:27 AM
sounds like a personal problem lol, just messing man. but yeah are you talking about the swift?

SwiftGTiRacer
08-14-2005, 10:02 AM
yeah, the Swift. i just found out that if i want to keep my tranny then i can only drive it easy and if i race then it needs to be 40mph rolling starts. So i'm having the worst time finding a tranny that i can drive daily, take it to the track that night, and not have any worries on the drive home. I'm so tired of this car but i need to finish it.

Swifty

The Ren
08-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Aww hun thats no good... Im sorry about your luck... but hey just think about the g35 you will be getting soon.. I have faith..

HyPer50
08-14-2005, 12:00 PM
yeah, the Swift. i just found out that if i want to keep my tranny then i can only drive it easy and if i race then it needs to be 40mph rolling starts. So i'm having the worst time finding a tranny that i can drive daily, take it to the track that night, and not have any worries on the drive home. I'm so tired of this car but i need to finish it.

Swifty

Thats why ya buy cars that have a huge performance aftermarket = ) Like 5.0 mustangs haha, no lack of high end parts over here lol.

SwiftGTiRacer
08-14-2005, 12:10 PM
yeah, but the very first reason why i got into the Swift GTi was because they are so different and not to many of them around in the US.

Swifty

HyPer50
08-14-2005, 12:12 PM
yeah, but the very first reason why i got into the Swift GTi was because they are so different and not to many of them around in the US.

Swifty

Yup, thats always the disadvantage of going with a rare/sleeper car... hard as hell to find parts for em lol, especially when ya start getting really into it heh.

civic95
08-14-2005, 04:37 PM
use the stock tranny, and have a spare. If something breaks take that part out of the spare, take it to a machine shop, and have them make one out of something stronger (titanium usually works).

dwnsthGABOY
08-14-2005, 06:26 PM

Swifty

Doing something that you would not normally do in any situation just to be different is not really the best thing to do.:2cents:

SwiftGTiRacer
08-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Doing something that you would not normally do in any situation just to be different is not really the best thing to do.:2cents:

Its car, not anything else. lol. I've talked with a few people that have high boosted Swifts and they say the gear box will maybe last me a week if i'm lucky. Unless i drive it like my grandma and only race on 40mph rolls. It needs a new gear box. I found a few but they are in like Checzlicvacia (sp?), Australlia, etc. S&H would rape me alone. Right now i'm trying to find 1 in Canada. We'll see what happens.

Swifty

D16Civic
08-14-2005, 10:19 PM
good luck on finding one