PDA

View Full Version : overheating ?

EL_DISTROYEL
04-02-2008, 11:27 PM
I completely rebuilt my engine about 30,000k ago is a dx 1.5 engine everything was working fine till now is just starting overheating at first it was the head gasket it was missing one of the alignment pins and the head gasket move a little bit change the head gasket again everything is working fine but it over heats sometimes and the radiator resevord overfloads with coolant took out the thermostat and when I turn the car on it doesn’t take only about 1min for the temperature needle to go up all the cooling sensor have been replace water pump new radiator I check the head gasket and is fine and the fan is running strait now I don’t know what to do if I need a flush maybe there something stuck inside the cooling channels or maybe the head is WARPED I don’t know People please help me out!!!!!!

lude66
04-03-2008, 02:39 AM
my girl just had the same problem with her BmW an i flushed every thing an now it's running fine

chip P.
04-12-2008, 05:12 PM
are ur fans running. they might hav a bad connection somewhere. or, id drain all the fluid out and then fill it all back up(coolant)
maybe u hav a hole in the radiator. put water directly into it one night and let it sit for a few hours and see if there is any water under the car.

del Slo
04-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Maybe you should have put the pins in block before the head gasket... then... Im pretty sure it wouldnt move then... flushing the coolant system has nothing to do with it... 30k ago rebuilt the motor... Im sure the coolant was drained then... the thermostat is what heats the motor up so yeah... with it out it takes a long time... my suggestion... go to Honda and buy the $2 pin and a NEW head gasket...