PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Boosted GSR w/ tranny problem

chsdog55
04-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Basically this is where im at i purchased a transmission a while back and i was told it has LSD i never believe that due to the fact that most of the time it would only spin the passenge side tire. But on occasion it would lite both of them up. Well now it seems like the only side pulling is the drivers side. I broke an axle sunday at the track and it was the drivers side and i cant even make the passenger side spin in the burnout box. Any ideas on whats going on. THANKS

DamnDisLaOsBoY
04-01-2008, 08:59 PM
one thing i can tell you is, boost hitting while burning out, will easily snap axles if your car is low!

chsdog55
04-01-2008, 09:11 PM
The braking axle really doesnt bother me a whole lot but what does is im trying to find out why my drivers side is the only tire wanting to pull now. I was under the understanding that stock non lsd trans drive tire was the passenger side. Can an LSD lock to one side?

chsdog55
04-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Anybody else have an idea. I called CFT and they told me that it sounds like a clutch type LSD and it is going out. They actually recommened the OBX LSD as long as u take it apart and loctite everything on it when u get it. HMMMM?

Dougk1401
04-13-2008, 02:02 AM
Have you changed both axle's at the same time??If one is starting to go out sometimes It will seem to go to the good axle and the other side won't spin...Sorry It sounds kinda dumb but It was the best way I could put It..lol