PDA

View Full Version : Rotary problem :(

J13eck
04-01-2008, 05:53 PM
FIXED :goodjob::goodjob:!!! it was a bad ground

i haev a 86 rx7 with a 13b NA motor

i went to crank it this morning and it turned over like usual and i have to keep reving it or keep it around 2k rpms to get it warmed up just enough to idle, well i thought it was goin to idle and i let off the gas and it cut off...i tried to crank it again and all i got was a " small turn over and some fast clicking sounds and another small turn over and some more clicking"

im thinking its my starter..i just checked it. but if im not right let me know.

- john

ill have plently questions later on abut this car too, just to be forewarned haha

thanks

R32Dragon
04-01-2008, 06:22 PM
'89 GTU veteran checking in,

Symptoms sound like a low battery to me, Coulda died while revving it due to a bad alternator. Try an external battery charger, that should isolate the prob if it cranks and runs for a bit.

If it does the same thing with a juiced battery, then its time to check the starter.

If that checks out, it time to move to the spark side, but im getting ahead of myself. Check the Batt/alt/starter first.

Farrow2005
04-01-2008, 07:57 PM
'89 GTU veteran checking in,

Symptoms sound like a low battery to me, Coulda died while revving it due to a bad alternator. Try an external battery charger, that should isolate the prob if it cranks and runs for a bit.

If it does the same thing with a juiced battery, then its time to check the starter.

If that checks out, it time to move to the spark side, but im getting ahead of myself. Check the Batt/alt/starter first.

+1

was a bad ground from the motor fixed TY XD

JOHN REP THE MAN

J13eck
04-01-2008, 10:42 PM
ryan im not an idiot. i know how to rep, chill. i hooked my subs up too, they're strapped in not mounted lol. i'll fix them or take them out when i redo my tail lights.

and ty once again rx8dragon

R32Dragon
04-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Grats on a successful troubleshoot!