PDA

View Full Version : How fast is a porsche 996 AWD GTR stage 4 (vid inside)

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 04:55 PM
The one in this video here

www.godfatheracing.com/tmvids/porschegtrvsmustang.wmv

Its a sweet looking car..just curious what the stage 4 means?

PSINXS
08-13-2005, 05:21 PM
stage 4 means 4x fast

rolling_trip
08-13-2005, 05:21 PM
too bad its so dark, u cant hardly see any of it

Ruiner
08-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Stage 4 depends on who builds it. PES, EVOMS, Imagine Auto, AWE, etc. I am not so sure that said car is a stage 4, however.

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Stage 4 depends on who builds it. PES, EVOMS, Imagine Auto, AWE, etc. I am not so sure that said car is a stage 4, however.

why do you say that? How fast would a stage 4 be?

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 05:36 PM
too bad its so dark, u cant hardly see any of it

you can see it lost right? There is another video of both cars running from a stop on the street and the porsche loses very bad.

Ruiner
08-13-2005, 05:40 PM
you can see it lost right? There is another video of both cars running from a stop on the street and the porsche loses very bad.

I have my own thoughts on that video. :) Either way, a 911 turbo is not a drag car.

D16Civic
08-13-2005, 05:41 PM
id think a stage 4 would be a crapload faster

Ruiner
08-13-2005, 05:42 PM
why do you say that? How fast would a stage 4 be?

Why do I say that? Stage 4 is over 600+hp and tq. For a car to truly outrun it that badly (with that level of power), well, you get the idea...

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 05:42 PM
I have my own thoughts on that video. :) Either way, a 911 turbo is not a drag car.

what are your thoughts? The mustang is very fast...its no shame for that porsche to lose to that mustang...that car has run 10.2@141 with 15 psi of boost....he can run neck and neck with a gxr-1000 on the highway.

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 05:43 PM
Why do I say that? Stage 4 is over 600+hp and tq. For a car to truly outrun it that badly (with that level of power), well, you get the idea...

that mustang puts close to 700 hp at the tires. ;)

Ruiner
08-13-2005, 05:45 PM
id think a stage 4 would be a crapload faster

Once again, I highly doubt that it was a stage 4. :)

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Once again, I highly doubt that it was a stage 4. :)

I think it was...you just can't admit a lowly mustang can outrun one. ;)

D16Civic
^^yea, thats wat i was thinking

Ruiner
what are your thoughts? The mustang is very fast...its no shame for that porsche to lose to that mustang...that car has run 10.2@141 with 15 psi of boost....he can run neck and neck with a gxr-1000 on the highway.

A stage 4 911 turbo would not be in the 10s, so there is your reasoning. Then again, 911 turbos aren't made to run the drag strip. The gearing is not setup for it and the suspension/AWD layout is not, either.

Ruiner
08-13-2005, 05:47 PM
I think it was...you just can't admit a lowly mustang can outrun one. ;)

I'm not sure what you are trying to pull with that statement, but a 10.2 sec stang isn't going to lose to much. I had no idea that it was that fast. That would explain why the 911 lost.

D16Civic
08-13-2005, 05:48 PM
theyre made for the twisties(the real fun stuff)
man, i would love to drive one some day

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 05:48 PM
A stage 4 911 turbo would not be in the 10s, so there is your reasoning. Then again, 911 turbos aren't made to run the drag strip. The gearing is not setup for it and the suspension/AWD layout is not, either.

so are you saying its a 9 second car? what kind of traps would it run?

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure what you are trying to pull with that statement, but a 10.2 sec stang isn't going to lose to much. I had no idea that it was that fast. That would explain why the 911 lost.

ok fair enough. I was trying to figure out what kind of power a stage 4 would make. A stock 911 or even mildy modded would get destroyed by that mustang.

Ruiner
08-13-2005, 05:50 PM
so are you saying its a 9 second car? what kind of traps would it run?

No. It would be in the low 11s and probably run in the high 120s, low 130s in terms of trap speed.

Ruiner
08-13-2005, 05:51 PM
ok fair enough. I was trying to figure out what kind of power a stage 4 would make. A stock 911 or even mildy modded would get destroyed by that mustang.

Okay, but I fail to see your point. A Ferrari Enzo would get destroyed by that car in the 1/4 mile. What's your point?

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Okay, but I fail to see your point. A Ferrari Enzo would get destroyed by that car in the 1/4 mile. What's your point?

You were trying to say earlier that 911 wasn't a stage 4 becasue you couldn't tell how fast the mustang was. I guess you don't think you can build a street mustang that can trap 140+ mph and be daily driveable?

Ruiner
08-13-2005, 05:54 PM
theyre made for the twisties(the real fun stuff)
man, i would love to drive one some day

Twisties? No, they are made for real racing; road course racing.

Ruiner
08-13-2005, 05:55 PM
You were trying to say earlier that 911 wasn't a stage 4 becasue you couldn't tell how fast the mustang was. I guess you don't think you can build a street mustang that can trap 140+ mph and be daily driveable?

You aren't going to bait me, here. I didn't say that, so don't put words in my mouth. Anything can be built with enough money.

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 05:58 PM
You aren't going to bait me, here. I didn't say that, so don't put words in my mouth. Anything can be built with enough money.

haha,i got you here...

you said "Why do I say that? Stage 4 is over 600+hp and tq. For a car to truly outrun it that badly (with that level of power), well, you get the idea..."

You are implying a mustang can't make over 600 hp and still be a street car? I mean you wouldn't say that if it was some dodge viper or something thats comes fast from the factory not some lowly pos fox body. ;)

Ruiner
08-13-2005, 05:59 PM
haha,i got you here...

you said "Why do I say that? Stage 4 is over 600+hp and tq. For a car to truly outrun it that badly (with that level of power), well, you get the idea..."

You are implying a mustang can't make over 600 hp and still be a street car? I mean you wouldn't say that if it was some dodge viper or something thats comes fast from the factory not some lowly pos fox body. ;)

Once again, stop assuming. If a Mustang is running 10.2 @ 141, then it is making the proper amount of power. You didn't get me. However, it is very rare that you see a low 10 sec car running on the streets.

A.P. Photography
08-13-2005, 06:00 PM
I did not think it was a stage 4. You want to post up a crappy vid that is so dark it is hard to see anything and then try and start an argument with someone who clearly knows Porsche's. Next time if you want people to respond in kind post up some information about the cars that are running if you know some much about them. :goodjob:

D16Civic
08-13-2005, 06:01 PM
shoot, i didnt even realize it was a mustang till you said something

Ruiner
08-13-2005, 06:02 PM
I did not think it was a stage 4. You want to post up a crappy vid that is so dark it is hard to see anything and then try and start an argument with someone who clearly knows Porsche's. Next time if you want people to respond in kind post up some information about the cars that are running if you know some much about them. :goodjob:

He was trying to bait me I do believe.

A.P. Photography
08-13-2005, 06:02 PM
EXACTAMUNDO!

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 06:03 PM

Ruiner already said a stage 4 is good for high 120s/low 130s traps and that mustang runs low 140s traps. I'm sure it was a stage 4. I was just trying to find out what kind of power they make thats all.

A.P. Photography
He was trying to bait me I do believe.
well it did not work :goodjob:

Bajjani
Tegs a bitch!

Ruiner
08-13-2005, 06:05 PM
well it did not work :goodjob:

Of course not. 911 turbos aren't geared for nor are they set up to drag race.

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 06:05 PM

The title of the video is porsche gtr vs mustang. I didn't think it was necessary to say what the other car was. Maybe you just need to pay more attention.

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 06:06 PM
EXACTAMUNDO!

another dumbass that can't read.

A.P. Photography
08-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Ruiner already said a stage 4 is good for high 120s/low 130s traps and that mustang runs low 140s traps. I'm sure it was a stage 4. I was just trying to find out what kind of power they make thats all.
There are ways to go about it and there are ways to look like a smartass. I see you chose the latter. You could have simply asked "Here is a vid of a built mustang running 10.2 in the 1/4 against a supposed Porsche 996 Stage 4. How fast do the stage 4 996's run? Just wondering"
See, that is asking for information about the 996 and not trying to start an argument by not supplying all the info in the first post the getting defensive about it.

A.P. Photography
08-13-2005, 06:07 PM
another dumbass that can't read.
Look at how the vid is posted, most of the link is cut off. When we click it we watch a really dark video. So how about finding another way to be a smartass

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 06:07 PM
There are ways to go about it and there are ways to look like a smartass. I see you chose the latter. You could have simply asked "Here is a vid of a built mustang running 10.2 in the 1/4 against a supposed Porsche 996 Stage 4. How fast do the stage 4 996's run? Just wondering"
See, that is asking for information about the 996 and not trying to start an argument by not supplying all the info in the first post the getting defensive about it.

Thanks for the class on posting 101. If i want your opinion i'll give it to you.

A.P. Photography
08-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Tegs a bitch!
Whats up baby bitch. You still down here or are you at school?

Of course not. 911 turbos aren't geared for nor are they set up to drag race.
True, those cars are set up for straight road course.

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Look at how the vid is posted, most of the link is cut off. When we click it we watch a really dark video. So how about finding another way to be a smartass

Look at the top of the windows media viewer...It says porsche gtr vs mustang. Do you guys need to be spoonfed everything? haha!

A.P. Photography
08-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the class on posting 101. If i want your opinion i'll give it to you.
Wow, I guess I should be quiet then :jerkit:

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Wow, I guess I should be quiet then :jerkit:

It would help. Also in the bottom of the windows media viewer there is a section that lists the content of the video. It says Clip: Porsche 1996gtr stage 4 vs mustang

A.P. Photography
08-13-2005, 06:16 PM
It would help. Also in the bottom of the windows media viewer there is a section that lists the content of the video. It says Clip: Porsche 1996gtr stage 4 vs mustang
Man your like a little 12 yr old school girl that will not let something go. Well have fun with your little "thread". :lmfao:

topsecret2JZ
08-13-2005, 06:17 PM
drama

WINDSOR
08-13-2005, 06:19 PM
drama

Its what the whoreslounge is all about.

D16Civic
08-13-2005, 06:19 PM
If i want your opinion i'll give it to you.
dang, and here i was thinking when people posted something on a forum, they were wanting other people's opinions :confused:

topsecret2JZ
08-13-2005, 06:20 PM
yeah for real

RandomGuy
08-13-2005, 09:50 PM
that video reminds me of blair witch project

Vteckidd
08-13-2005, 10:00 PM
i think all conrad is trying to say is this:

RUINER CANNOT ADMIT THAT ANOTHER CAR IS BETTER,FASTER,COOLER than his porsche :cool:

When we bring up HP per $$ its "well i own a porsche, that car is still a *insert car company here*

When we bring up the fact that a car can beat it its "Porsches arent set up for drag racing". even though ive seen you post your fair share of KILLS in the kill forum

When we say that another car can outhandle it , you go find a "$400,000" version of a porsche that turned a better time.

Porsche did not make a car with 600hp/tq for the street for a Road Racing car.

Now, Ruiner double taked himself in this thread, i think he needs to acknowledge that. he claimed that it wasnt a Stage 4 cause theres no way that mustang would beat it :eek: ;)

b18hb
08-14-2005, 01:08 AM
dude, you drive an integra. i'm certain that his car is better, faster, cooler than yours.

i read ruiner saying that a 10.2 1/4 mile mustang would walk about anything out there. he made his initial comment before that information was disclosed. under normal circumstances with your avg modded mustang and not knowing that it was a 700+ hp mustang, its pretty easy to be a little skeptical.

so what if you can get more hp per dollar out of x car... it is a porsche

drag racing is possible, even if the car isn't set up for it. If you have a car built with drag racing in mind vs. a car that has more bias toward handling, i think that its a valid excuse, even if it is a loss.

lastly, porsche has won the 24 hours of le mans road race more often than any other manufacturer. i'd say road racing has some influence in the devlopment of their cars.

Vteckidd
08-14-2005, 10:37 AM
dude, you drive an integra. i'm certain that his car is better, faster, cooler than yours.

i read ruiner saying that a 10.2 1/4 mile mustang would walk about anything out there. he made his initial comment before that information was disclosed. under normal circumstances with your avg modded mustang and not knowing that it was a 700+ hp mustang, its pretty easy to be a little skeptical.

drag racing is possible, even if the car isn't set up for it. If you have a car built with drag racing in mind vs. a car that has more bias toward handling, i think that its a valid excuse, even if it is a loss.

lastly, porsche has won the 24 hours of le mans road race more often than any other manufacturer. i'd say road racing has some influence in the devlopment of their cars.

I drive an integra, LOL, WRONG. And i dont know if my car is faster, but i doubt he can beat me by much. but i dont know , we'll have to do a highway pull soon

I am just stating that it seems that everytime someone posts a "XX CAR" vs "PORSCHE" ruiner has some excuse as to why its not as fast, not as good at handling, or that its simply "a Porsche" implying its an exotic.

thats all im saying.

LOL, and there it is again. obviously not a true car enthusiast

The Ren
08-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Omg seriously brandon you get all the haters... whats up with that?