PDA

View Full Version : Picking up a car in Hollywood, FL

Mr. Clean
03-31-2008, 09:44 PM
alright well i found a del sol in hollywood FL thats on autotrader.

i think im going to try and make a trip down there on a friday and come back on that sunday.

anybody have a trailer and want to take me for free?? haha or know anyone that would let me stay at their place for a day or two for cheapo that lives either in hollywood, miami, or pampano beach, or surrounding areas??

haha this is going to be a grueling trip.

do you think i should just get a caravan to go down there and then buy it and drive back in the car? a car that i know nothing about?... it only has 67,000 miles but im scared to drive it 700 miles back.

any better ideas out there?

MistaCee
03-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Hmm knowing my dumb ass id just drive it back

bigdare23
03-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Here's an idea, how about find a car closer?!? I pretty sure there are some del sols around here.

Mr. Clean
03-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Here's an idea, how about find a car closer?!? I pretty sure there are some del sols around here.

dude this car is perfect. it is soooo clean and has 67,000 orig miles!

94 VTEC with the cleanest interior i have ever seen. it is fairly unmolested. it has wheels and exhaust and new 2-tone s2k chairs. it is amazing. i havent found anything comparable around here.

bigdare23
03-31-2008, 09:50 PM
dude this car is perfect. it is soooo clean and has 67,000 orig miles!

94 VTEC with the cleanest interior i have ever seen. it is fairly unmolested. it has wheels and exhaust and new 2-tone s2k chairs. it is amazing. i havent found anything comparable around here.

if it's so perfect, why are you afraid to drive it back :???:

sogood
03-31-2008, 09:51 PM
If you're set on it, do not buy the car without contacting the owner and setting up a pre purchase inspection. Pay to have a local shop of your choice down there do the PPI and get the owner or the shop to fax/call you with the results.

Don't be the guy who thinks he's getting some excellent shape car and get it back here and find out it's beat.

Z0_o6
03-31-2008, 09:53 PM
drive it back. have a friend follow you. problem solved.

Mr. Clean
03-31-2008, 09:56 PM
drive it back. have a friend follow you. problem solved.

well if someone takes me down there then they will follow back, but if it breaks down or does something crazy that is unfixable off the side of the road i'll kick myself... it would be better to, of course, drive it around down there for a little bit and feel it out and then tow it back i think, and then if something stupid is going to happen it will be on my turf so i will know where to go.

if it's so perfect, why are you afraid to drive it back :???:

haha touche!!, idk... something can always go wrong... its as perfect as a real world car can be which means there is always a possibility of something going wrong when driving a very straining and unusual 700 miles.

speedminded
03-31-2008, 10:01 PM
well if someone takes me down there then they will follow back, but if it breaks down or does something crazy that is unfixable off the side of the road i'll kick myself... it would be better to, of course, drive it around down there for a little bit and feel it out and then tow it back i think, and then if something stupid is going to happen it will be on my turf so i will know where to go.

haha touche!!, idk... something can always go wrong... its as perfect as a real world car can be which means there is always a possibility of something going wrong when driving a very straining and unusual 700 miles.You've never driven that far from home before have you?

Mr. Clean
03-31-2008, 10:04 PM
You've never driven that far from home before have you?

nah i have never driven that far... i drive to smyrna TN fairly regularly which is about 4 and a half- 5 hours and i've had my truck break down about half way and the sol broke down on me and i know how bad it sucks when you know that no one you know is within reasonable time from you.

granted i would be with probably 3-4 additional people on this trip, i just cant afford to turn a 2 day trip into a 6-7 day trip due to a car problem because of school and work and so on... so i am on a tight schedule haha... in and out.

Bruce Leroy
03-31-2008, 10:11 PM
i stay in orlando.. its like 3 hours from miami. if you need to you can crash at my place... cuz that drive sucks

ZeDFuNk
03-31-2008, 10:13 PM
when are you coming down? if my moms not here you're welcome to crash. i live in miami. hollywood is 10 minutes from me. pm me. She'll be gone between the 4th - 12th.

Mr. Clean
03-31-2008, 10:14 PM
i stay in orlando.. its like 3 hours from miami. if you need to you can crash at my place... cuz that drive sucks

dude are you serious! pm me your number.

i will absolutely work something out with you.

but this whole deal is pending on how much insurance gives me and how fast i can get the check and if i have to get a loan then i'll have to wait for that check as well... but if all goes well then me, JDMjoe, my g/f and one other guy will be traveling that way soon...

if you cant house 4 people its ok haha... im to the point where i'll stay in a tent on the beach haha

Mr. Clean
03-31-2008, 10:15 PM
when are you coming down? if my moms not here you're welcome to crash. i live in miami. hollywood is 10 minutes from me. pm me. She'll be gone between the 4th - 12th.

ooo **** son even better haha... if we come up it will probably be the 11th-13th fri-sun. staying in miami would be pimp as fvck haha

Mr. Clean
03-31-2008, 10:25 PM
PM'd both youz guys

ooweeitssky
03-31-2008, 10:32 PM
drive with friend. bring 50 ft sturdy rope for emergency. problem solved

BobbyFresco
04-01-2008, 06:13 AM
Rent a truck big enough for 4 ppl and a uhaul trailer and you're all set.