PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods need help w/ Type r tranny

type-r swap
03-31-2008, 09:00 PM
so as it is my brother just bought his type-r swap and stupid me had to just test it and so, i took off on 1st gear, then as i was going to 2nd it grinded,stripped,or wut ever u wanna call it i missed gears and still tried to force it in, anyways after that the clutch went and my brother changed it then now it wont go in any gears at all but it still moves around when he moves the stick shift around. If you know anything about it plz give me some pointer on whats wrong and how much to fix it thx

DC2girl
03-31-2008, 09:41 PM
slow down....

you have to be a little more specific. Does it go in and out of gear when the car is off? or it doesn't go into gear at all. There's too many variables, it could be the throw out bearing, slave cylinder possibly, did he install the clutch correctly? using the allignment tool.

RBS
03-31-2008, 10:22 PM
so with the car on you CANNOT change gears at all? and with the car OFF you can shift from 1st to 5th to reverse? you prolly might just have to bleed your clutch system so that the clutch fully disengages, or your pressure plate may bad or damaged

mitch lab
04-01-2008, 06:50 AM
I would take it back apart, inspect the clutch and pressure plate. If it's bad then I would replace the clutch assembly, resurface the flywheel, new pilot bearing, and throw our bearing. Make sure to use the alignment tool, torque the pressure plate bolts (19ft-lbs), torque the flywheel bolts (76ft-lbs), make sure you have enough tranny fluid (2.3qts honda mtf).

GSR-swap
04-01-2008, 08:32 PM
it doesnt go in when its on/off and yes he installed it right

slow down....

you have to be a little more specific. Does it go in and out of gear when the car is off? or it doesn't go into gear at all. There's too many variables, it could be the throw out bearing, slave cylinder possibly, did he install the clutch correctly? using the allignment tool.

GSR-swap
04-01-2008, 08:34 PM
everything was down as u guys said the only thing is that could it be b/cuz its an ebay clutch, but wut about the F**king up on the second gear when switching

FRYLOCK
04-02-2008, 08:14 AM
throw out bearing is possibly jammed or the pilot bearing def go ahead and replace the pilot bearing

Black R
04-02-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm going to vote for a bent shift fork and probably a throwout release fork as well.

Pull that tranny and bust it open and you'll likely see the 1-2 shift fork is fuxd.

Benefit
04-02-2008, 09:49 AM
bleed the slave

type-r swap
04-06-2008, 04:26 AM
talked to my bro again and he said, he had the clutch in then drove it and when he went to throw it in 3rd gear he said he heard something fell in the transmisson like dropped i guess so he dont want to open it up b/cuz it might get f**ked up

Mr. Clean
04-06-2008, 08:21 AM
talked to my bro again and he said, he had the clutch in then drove it and when he went to throw it in 3rd gear he said he heard something fell in the transmisson like dropped i guess so he dont want to open it up b/cuz it might get f**ked up

sounds like its already "f**ked up" sir. your either going to have to take the tranny off or put the car in the garage to collect dust.

g/l with that

type-r swap
04-06-2008, 02:05 PM
so do i have to replace with new tranny or fix it which would b cheaper