PDA

View Full Version : costco/sams/bj's

Killer
03-31-2008, 03:37 PM
is it worth the annual fee to shop at one of these places???

anyone prefer one over the other???

i want to really start budgeting my money... so in doing so i need to stop eating out so much.. and start cooking at home!!! i can cook pretty well so i'm not really worried about it...

but i was wondering if it was worth it to pay for the annual fee at one of these "buy in bulk" places if i'm just shopping for 1-2 people.. and i'm only looking for average groceries/household needs..

if not where do ya'll suggest shopping? walmart/kroger/publix any other places that have good deals on groceries?

i typically shop kroger/walmart... anyways, help me out here!!!

redrumracer
03-31-2008, 03:39 PM
ive found it beneficial to buy in bulk and then freeze items you dont need(meat)

Ran
03-31-2008, 03:40 PM
If you're just shopping for yourself or just for two people, then pass. You won't really use it enough to benefit. If you're shopping for like a family of 4 or greater, it could be worth it.

Ed
03-31-2008, 03:43 PM
you can shop at aldis. dude we get so much groceries for like 80-100 bucks its not even funny. and its good stuff not crappy.

also, farmers market. they have 2/3 fresh file mignon for like 6 bucks man, you cant beat that.

Mrs. Bucky
03-31-2008, 03:43 PM
we shop at sams and it lasts for a while when we go there i think it is worth it! i have been to all three though and prefer sams out of them

Killer
03-31-2008, 03:44 PM
of course two different views right off the bat... :(...

oh and the reason i wanted to do this was.. I GET PAID ONCE A MONTH! and i'm real quick to throw my money out the window.. so i run out of food by the end of the month.. lol sucks...

Killer
03-31-2008, 03:45 PM
you can shop at aldis. dude we get so much groceries for like 80-100 bucks its not even funny. and its good stuff not crappy.

also, farmers market. they have 2/3 fresh file mignon for like 6 bucks man, you cant beat that.

where??? how close is that to me??

Killer
03-31-2008, 03:46 PM
we shop at sams and it lasts for a while when we go there i think it is worth it! i have been to all three though and prefer sams out of them

what's better about them than the others?

Ed
03-31-2008, 03:46 PM
where??? how close is that to me??

Theres an aldis like everywhere, but there is an aldis and a farmers market pretty close to me on spring road. Close to cumberland mall.

Killer
03-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Theres an aldis like everywhere, but there is an aldis and a farmers market pretty close to me on spring road. Close to cumberland mall.

check yo phone nucca!

redrumracer
03-31-2008, 03:49 PM
of course two different views right off the bat... :(...

oh and the reason i wanted to do this was.. I GET PAID ONCE A MONTH! and i'm real quick to throw my money out the window.. so i run out of food by the end of the month.. lol sucks...
if thats the case then id go for it. hell buy all the food at once and not have to worry bout it the rest of the month. the only thing is that youll have to pace yourself and not eat it all up at once

Mrs. Bucky
03-31-2008, 03:55 PM
aldis is cheap and good stuff.
i like sams because i have compared prices between it costco and bjs and found they had better prices.

Killer
03-31-2008, 04:18 PM
cool.. i'm prolly gonna shop around find which places are better over the next couple months.. there is an aldi's/bj's/and maybe a costco right near me so...

Maniac1
03-31-2008, 04:19 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa253/El_Maniaco/ia.jpg

RandomGuy
03-31-2008, 04:21 PM

also, farmers market. they have 2/3 fresh file mignon for like 6 bucks man, you cant beat that.ALDI FTW

that place is gangster its like big lots grocery store lol

its so cheap that they charge you for bags when bagging your groceries (like 5 cents each)

On_Her_Face
03-31-2008, 04:29 PM
my parents save a ton there on their groceries and also on gas (which would be great if i passed it every few days but i don't :(

JITB
03-31-2008, 04:41 PM
aldis is alright

Killer
03-31-2008, 04:48 PM
ALDI FTW

its so cheap that they charge you for bags when bagging your groceries (like 5 cents each)

can you just take your own bags?

JITB
03-31-2008, 05:30 PM
can you just take your own bags?

u can just not use bags at all..

MachNU
03-31-2008, 06:09 PM
i have a membership with Sam's Club, and hell i use it mostly for the gas, its always generally cheaper then any place around for me. Plus when you do need certain things in bulk its always a good buy.

My view is, since i worked for Sam's for over a year and know someone who worked for costco at the same time...

Sam's = better deals on dry grocery and generally frozen/produce style stuff
Costco = better deals on hard-lines stuff and electronics!

Ed
03-31-2008, 07:55 PM
ALDI FTW

thats why their prices are set so low. they dont pay people to bag, they dont pay for bags, and they dont pay for people to go out there and get the carts out of the parking lot. it's a great idea actually. others should follow the example.