PDA

View Full Version : LS/Vtec problem please HELP!!!!!

kain86
03-30-2008, 04:32 PM
ok my friend bought a ls/vtec swap from a member on here we got it in and now it wont crank.....correction it cranked at first then he tried to give it gas and it died. so i changed the tps. still nothing. i checked all the wiring and it was ok. took the dizzy cap and button of cause there was a screw in the cap......:mad: so it has a new cap and buttom also changed the plugs. tried to crank it and it started again....... then again gas and it died.... now it won't crank and it fouled out the plugs. there soaked it gas........WTF!!!! im trying my damnedest to get thing running cause he's been without a car for about a week now.....so i've been driving him around. someone HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

kain86
03-30-2008, 04:43 PM
ALSO I DID A COMP CHECK AND IT WAS 270 ACROSS THE BOARD....WTF!!!!!!!!!

Vteckidd
03-30-2008, 05:28 PM
turn it over with the fuel injectors unplugged for like a min. Put NEW plugs in it, and try again, you prob washed the cylinders out.

kain86
03-30-2008, 05:51 PM
ALSO JUST FOUND OUT HE'S RUNNING 89 OCTANE WITH A 11.5:1 COMP...S.O.B.WTF!!!!

Vteckidd
03-30-2008, 11:36 PM
that doesnt matter the car should still start.

Heres what you should do

1) Verify that the distributor is in the MIDDLE
2) Check an make sure the timing belt didnt jump time, make sure the cam gears are lined up with the engine on TDC
3)Replace plugs an make sure the firing order is right on the distributor
4) If you have fuel, spark, and compressio nthe car will crank

Z0_o6
03-31-2008, 09:46 AM
is the fpr vacuum line hooked up? what about the map sensor? those can cause flooding.

kain86
04-02-2008, 01:12 PM
it will crank with starter fluid then it recranks easily. but can't rev it a few taps on the gas and it hesitates then dies........HELP!

LongLiveH2b
04-02-2008, 01:34 PM
is the fuel pump purging??main relay?? i dont know if that might help or not..never know if u dont try....just my :2cents:

kain86
04-02-2008, 01:43 PM
the fuel pump and main relay were working fine with the d16y7. so unless it messed up in the day we had the motor out. is that possible? thanx any help in helpful. cause im stumped.

00CelicaGT
04-02-2008, 03:28 PM
check the vaccum lines. i experienced the same problem when i puty an H22 in my boys 4thgen lude, all the vaccum lines were as$ backwards. u may also want to check the resistor box, engine harness. i was using carb cleaner to try to get it to start also but i later found out that one of the wires running to the resistor box had an open, i changed the harness and shazaam if cranked.

kain86
04-02-2008, 07:10 PM
ok i just checked the cam and crank timing again and this time the intake cam is a tooth off. so i'm going to reset the timing could someone tell me if up gos up on both or i heard on honda tech that you face them toward each other. which is it? any help would be welcome thanx.

kain86
04-04-2008, 02:55 PM
IT WAS THE FUEL PUMP NOT TURNING ON!!!!!:gay: now it sounds like it's caming!?!?!?
what could it be?