PDA

View Full Version : clutch hydro problem

Thighs
03-30-2008, 03:27 PM
my hydraulic clutch is giving me some problems...

i rebuilt the slave cylinder (correctly) and bled the system, tightened all fittings and and the reservoir is full. it isnt leaking as far as i know, but i cant keep the pedal feeling. it seems like its sucking in air, but if it was it would also be leaking fluid... correct?

redrumracer
03-30-2008, 03:34 PM
are you sure you bleed the system correctly?? id crack the line open(at the top) and let it sit over night and bleed the system like that just to make sure.

RBS
03-30-2008, 05:25 PM
is your clutch MASTER cylinder leaking inside the cabin? lookie above the clutch pedal, if you see fluid everywhere replace your master cylinder. then bleed the clutch system;
fill-pump-hold-release and repeat lol

Thighs
03-30-2008, 07:43 PM
is your clutch MASTER cylinder leaking inside the cabin? lookie above the clutch pedal, if you see fluid everywhere replace your master cylinder. then bleed the clutch system;
fill-pump-hold-release and repeat lol

i looked inside and everything was good. as far as i know the master cylinder is fine. but it has to either be the master of the slave, so ill figure it out eventually.

Thighs
03-31-2008, 10:20 AM
the clutch seemed to be okay today when i drove to oakwood and back (around 60 miles total). i bled it yesterday and more air came out and it felt really good, and then the pedal got softer but it stayed where it was at, and its still useable.

could it have anything to do with the old and new fluids mixing?