PDA

View Full Version : H22 balance belt????

redciv1
03-30-2008, 11:27 AM
I just finished putting in my waterpump on my h22 but didn't do this step for the balance belt, brain fade I guess. I critical is this step for the balance belt. Because everything is on and the crank pulley just needs to be torqued another 30lb/ft.

22. Install the balance belt. Follow the proceedure in Helms to align the rear pulley. You will need a 100mm x 6mm bolt to insert in the maintenance hole at the back of the block to hold the rear balance shaft in the correct position while you install the new balance belt.
****There is a groove in the shaft of the front balance shaft that must line up with the pointer while you install the balance shaft belt. If it's off by one tooth you'll know it, the groove won't even be close to lining up with the pointer.

Tech5
03-30-2008, 11:34 AM
I never used the balance shaft belt...what i do is get a H23 tensioner an belt an throw the h22 tensioner away an leave the balance shaft off you will build more oil presure ,more power an easy revs, an relibility on the h23 tensioner....just my 0.02 cents...note it will have some vibrations...but if your using poloy/eneregy suspension mounts then you might not even tell it because your car vibrates already

redciv1
03-30-2008, 11:44 AM
I like the bike Joshua, that is my next purchase. I am not thinking of the conversion because I already installed a new auto tensioner and not going to be doing ANY MODS to the engine. I put my balance belt on but didn't do the steps above.

Z0_o6
03-31-2008, 09:48 AM
well, i can tell you that the balance shaft is there for a reason, and so is that step in the manual... soo yeah it might be worth the extra few minutes to go ahead and do it right.

redciv1
04-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah I am going to set the belt correctly.

Sneezin
04-01-2008, 08:18 PM
one of my balance shafts locked up...

Tech5
04-01-2008, 08:19 PM
its only there to keep some vibration out from the driver....I ran manny an mannny H22 builds hight horsepower with turbos, you can search this if you like....taking the H22 remove the H22 parts...install H22 belt ,an H23 tensioner an remove the balance shaft belt will increase oil preasure an power....with a better tensioner , but you will feel alittle vibrations, but if you have solid mounts then you wouldnt tell a difference....
well, i can tell you that the balance shaft is there for a reason, and so is that step in the manual... soo yeah it might be worth the extra few minutes to go ahead and do it right.