PDA

View Full Version : Emission...Need to pass!!

original
03-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Hey..I just got my emission done and No sir..it will not PASS!...I have 04 350z TT. Does anyone know of anybody that can help me pass it. I will pay..

Will really appreciate your help!..

Footefan52
03-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Can't be done... I went through this hassle last year and actually had to go back to stock exhaust to pass. Now a days the emissions places have to scan the vin# into their computer and then connect to the ecu. The ecu also contains the vin so it makes it almost impossible to pass.

Hope you figure something out though and I am sure a TT 350 is a blast to drive.

Oh one other way is to move to a county that does not have state required emission testing

quickdodgeŽ
03-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Hey..I just got my emission done and No sir..it will not PASS!...I have 04 350z TT. Does anyone know of anybody that can help me pass it. I will pay..

Will really appreciate your help!..

Anyone can pass you. Fix your goddamn car. Later, QD.

Kaiser
03-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Why, exactly, will your car not pass? Having turbos, or not having turbos, will not ~necessarily~ cause your car to fail, (Or, it shouldn't) assuming you have exhaust systems that meet or exceed the standards for your 2004 vehicle. Obviously there's something wrong with the car if it won't pass, that or your **** just isn't up to standards.

Oh, and just FYI, talking to someone about illegally passing a car is considered conspiracy to commit fraud. The inspector who somehow passes you (Which is next to impossible with an OBD2 car) would lose his certification permanently anyways. Just do what QD said and get your **** fixed.

AnthonyF
03-29-2008, 06:49 PM
I am an emission inspector....with that said....

YOUR CAR WILL NOT PASS if you have a CEL (check engine light). If you get your car's computer flashed and tuned perfectly it WILL pass. You have to make sure the CEL is off. Pulling the CEL bulb does not make your car pass. If you running an AEM computer, your car will NEVER pass.

EDIT: /THREAD

AnthonyF
03-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Anyone can pass you. Fix your goddamn car. Later, QD.
yea, that could work to. lolz

jadakid88
03-29-2008, 08:53 PM
lol
yea, that could work to. lolz

Kaiser
03-30-2008, 07:32 PM
I am an emission inspector....with that said....

YOUR CAR WILL NOT PASS if you have a CEL (check engine light). If you get your car's computer flashed and tuned perfectly it WILL pass. You have to make sure the CEL is off. Pulling the CEL bulb does not make your car pass. If you running an AEM computer, your car will NEVER pass.

EDIT: /THREAD

Not to argue with the man, but there are some vehicles who throw non-emissions related MIL's. I have seen few (Out of several hundred) cars come through the shop with their MIL light active that passed an OBD code read test because the OBD code was not emissions related, and just having a MIL light on will not force-fail you. As long as the MIL light is on, and the ECU is telling it to be on, and the OBD codes are not emission related, then you can pass.

To that end, everything else TM4.0 said is dead on accurate.

EK Hotch
03-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Just like Kaiser said, it's possible to still pass. I've been doing emissions for about three years now, and i've only seen like 2 or 3 cars pass with MIL(Malfunction Indicator Lamp...What us goofballs call it in the emissions world) lights on,I think all but one were Chrysler of some breed. If memory serves me right, i think it's a dtc called P1000...can't remember what P1000 means.
BUT not ALL obd2 cars get their vin# checked when an emissions test is being performed....It all depends if your ecu has PID support for a vin#. So it might still be possible for someone to illegally pass it.
Why did it fail? was the MIL on, obd2 readiness fail, non-communication?
Also what did the inspector tell you when you failed?

AnthonyF
03-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Not to argue with the man, but there are some vehicles who throw non-emissions related MIL's. I have seen few (Out of several hundred) cars come through the shop with their MIL light active that passed an OBD code read test because the OBD code was not emissions related, and just having a MIL light on will not force-fail you. As long as the MIL light is on, and the ECU is telling it to be on, and the OBD codes are not emission related, then you can pass.

To that end, everything else TM4.0 said is dead on accurate.

true....SOMETIMES...VERY VERY rare for a car to pass. I think i've seen it once out of 500 cars. but thanks, +10

AnthonyF
03-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Just like Kaiser said, it's possible to still pass. I've been doing emissions for about three years now, and i've only seen like 2 or 3 cars pass with MIL(Malfunction Indicator Lamp...What us goofballs call it in the emissions world) lights on,I think all but one were Chrysler of some breed. If memory serves me right, i think it's a dtc called P1000...can't remember what P1000 means.
BUT not ALL obd2 cars get their vin# checked when an emissions test is being performed....It all depends if your ecu has PID support for a vin#. So it might still be possible for someone to illegally pass it.
Why did it fail? was the MIL on, obd2 readiness fail, non-communication?
Also what did the inspector tell you when you failed?

P1000....shoot EVAP? stupid codes.

EK Hotch
03-31-2008, 01:15 PM
I did some research on the P1000 code and it is a (drum-role please) readiness code!??! this is waht i found word for word:
P1000 - Monitors Incomplete
After clearing DTCs, or a battery disconnect, for a few journeys the DTC P1000 is often found. This is a notification that not all of the Monitors have been completed since they were cleared and is not a fault condition. Once all of the OBD Monitors have been completed the DTC P1000 is cleared from memory.

now aint that strange? Hey TRYMY4.0, what kind of analyzer do you run, I've heard John Bean? or Sun? will sometimes make up dtc...I don't know how much of that is true, I run an ESP.

AnthonyF
03-31-2008, 08:45 PM
We are running the....Sun i believe. We lost our license about 2 years ago. :( But we are working on it soon.

Kaiser
03-31-2008, 08:59 PM
We are running the....Sun i believe. We lost our license about 2 years ago. :( But we are working on it soon.

Better than the **** most places are using. ESP bought their technology back when OBD2 cars first came out, and I swear it's the same **** they keep patching back together. At least this has been my admittedly rather limited experience (About 5 machines)

EK Hotch
04-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Better than the **** most places are using. ESP bought their technology back when OBD2 cars first came out, and I swear it's the same **** they keep patching back together. At least this has been my admittedly rather limited experience (About 5 machines)

Well I just got offered a job with ESP 3 days ago:bump:! So I'll let you know if it is acutally the same software they been using forever....It probably is. I would have to say the ESP is my favorite machine to run as far as ease, but man, they do freeze up alot.

Blitanicle99
04-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Get your junk tuned, and make it so the computer tells the emissions machine that you pass. Thats what I did.
2001 Sierra, 5.3 LM7 Vortec.

Kaiser
04-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Well I just got offered a job with ESP 3 days ago:bump:! So I'll let you know if it is acutally the same software they been using forever....It probably is. I would have to say the ESP is my favorite machine to run as far as ease, but man, they do freeze up alot.

I wasn't so much referring to the software so much, though it has to be significantly limited. The hardware they run it on is literally ancient. If memory serves it's first generation pentium processors at best, possibly some older chips and AMD K series stuff. Ridiculous, in this day and age.