PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problems in a 95 civic.

khaxnguyen
03-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Well my civic was in a crash, front end collision, and it's now fixed. I have a problem with the lights(cluster, climate control, and corners). Everything was fine before the crash and when i got it home, the cluster lights wouldnt come on....

First thing was, i turned on the lights, nothing came on except my headlights. The cluster lights didnt come on nor the climate control.

Second, my friend took it away and fixed it, so my cluster lights came on and rewired the corners so that it will come on, on the first click when u turn the lights on. When i used the right blinker, the left one comes on and the right one too. and both the green arrows on the cluster also comes on. And the cluster light and climate control lights flashes with the green arrows, but stays on. and then another situation, when the first click and second click turned for the lights to be on, both the green arrows stays on but when i try to use the right/left blinkers, not response. :thinking:
He did the wiring correctly, no doubt. we checked the relay, and the small ground near the fender. i'm not sure what is going on...? this may be a useless thread, but are there any suggestions? we checked the wiring twice, three times......took it off and resoldered them.

He had wired up some side markers for me too but i doubt any of that is wrong because we have, basically, the same civic and he got side markers already, but for now the side markers are disconnected until we figure out a problem. i mean if it's right on his car, something else might be wrong with mines since it got into a crash. Short or maybe some lose ground. =|
this is soooooo depressing :( lol I'll take any suggestions... best thing to do? Recheck this/that?....try this/that...? REPS

** i came home last night and i saw the light on the cruise control button was on. I think my car is getting continuous power even when the key is out. =| and my batteries dies quickly.

xlilvi3tx
03-28-2008, 04:32 PM
so BEFORE he rewired it and ****, on the first click nothing came on right but the turn signals still blink as well? and on the second click the headlights came on but no interior light or city light correct?

xlilvi3tx
03-28-2008, 04:34 PM
if so, it might either be the switch to turn on the lights because they go bad and i had that problem before orrr a bad grounding somewhere. thats the only two i can think of thru experience. if its not those two then idk...

khaxnguyen
03-28-2008, 04:50 PM
so BEFORE he rewired it and ****, on the first click nothing came on right but the turn signals still blink as well? and on the second click the headlights came on but no interior light or city light correct?
i dont remember if i checked the turn signals and maybe i think that was wat kept me from dirving the car out that night. hrm

if so, it might either be the switch to turn on the lights because they go bad and i had that problem before orrr a bad grounding somewhere. thats the only two i can think of thru experience. if its not those two then idk...
how many grounds are there for the corners? corners are the major problem right now.

xlilvi3tx
03-28-2008, 05:08 PM
idk how many grounds there is buddy but u shouldnt have rewired it until u were sure of what it was first and fixed that instead of re-wiring everything. gl though thats all i can think of...

RBS
03-28-2008, 10:22 PM
all wires are good and all VIEWABLE grounds are grounded properly, i was the one that did the wiring.. but before anyone says anything the 15A ( was supposed to be 10A but had a 15A in place of it by previous owner ) fuse that controls the corners/cluster/and climate lights was already blown, when i replaced it all these electrical issues came up.

khaxnguyen
03-30-2008, 06:09 AM
more help?

khaxnguyen
04-01-2008, 06:30 PM
=|

wrekonize
04-01-2008, 08:57 PM
THE CRASH MIGHT OF RUBBED THE WIRES WITH THE WALLS AND PEELED THEM A LITTLE AND THATS WHATS GRABBING GROUND

khaxnguyen
04-04-2008, 03:06 PM
thanks for all the silence. =P the car's fixed. it think it was the bulbs but they worked properly be the accident. and we played aorund with the wires and ground.. haha not so sure what the problem was but changing the bulbs in the end worked. =| weird