PDA

View Full Version : any ideas for 93 Se-r?

Motivation
03-28-2008, 01:13 PM
I picked up a 93 se-r recently. I'm pretty new to Nissan. Not really sure the best way to go... I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I should do to it? Meaning, motor wise. I'm not looking into making outrageous power or anything, I'm just looking to make it a quick DD. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

MR. 200SX
03-28-2008, 03:13 PM
What are your power goals? A fully bolt on JDM DE will get you around 175WHP or if you want VE you are looking around the 200WHP mark.

Big J
03-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Just to piss off the SR guys................ throw a QR in it

MR. 200SX
03-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Just to piss off the SR guys................ throw a QR in it

Ahh... The VQ35 swap cost about same amount. I much rather spent on the VQ swap and make twice the power than the QR.

mocha latte cupcake
03-29-2008, 11:21 AM
waaa waaa waa.... VQ > QR lol an better times but that weight is teh gay! lol

for daily troubles and MONEY efficiency go with a VE... for the cost of a JDM DE + bolt ones... you'll end up with less money spent on getting a VE in there. sigh hind sight is 20/20 turbo if your pockets are deep enough... mine does about 190 whp right now with FMIC, 2.5 turbo back, Cat still in place,and an intake, no new #'s with a CALUM ECU.

but daily with less money spent VE....

Paree4g63
03-29-2008, 03:46 PM
get a VE motor bud.. sr20ve if u can get one..sr16ve if ur on a budget. U can hit low 14's or high 13's if u do it right with bolt ons n a ECU. there goes your *DD*. G-luck

P.S. Its better then getting a EK or EG/EF or any honda and swappn it. My 2cents

Motivation
03-31-2008, 06:55 AM
Thanks for input every1. I am going to do a little more research on it first before I swap anything so I don't regret it later...

Motivation
03-31-2008, 06:57 AM
P.S. Its better then getting a EK or EG/EF or any honda and swappn it. My 2cents

I have a 94 civic coupe that is getting a swap in it. Either H22 or boosted GSR. Motor blew so that's going to be in the works soon...

Motivation
03-31-2008, 06:58 AM
What are your power goals? A fully bolt on JDM DE will get you around 175WHP or if you want VE you are looking around the 200WHP mark.

looking for around 200... Think that would be decent for now... How much would VE cost/estimate?

Paree4g63
04-01-2008, 02:20 PM
looking for around 200... Think that would be decent for now... How much would VE cost/estimate?

My bro's VE was about 15-1600. He did everything himself right in the backyard. It hangs with me in a downshift but if i run open dp, i pull about a car on him leaving very slowly after that. He should be able to run high 13's with slicks since he runs low 14's on streets. :goodjob:

P.S The price for a VE is about the same for a b16a motor. But I think the VE kinda of swaps have more of a benefit then a gsr swap or ls/vtec pricewise. My bro's basically a nissan b13 expert.. so lemme no if u wanna ask him sumtn. he should be on my buddys list. *wunquikser*

HalfBaked
04-01-2008, 02:20 PM
You should just sell it to me. :)

Any pics of the new car?

Sunny_B13
04-01-2008, 08:40 PM
did u end up gettin this ser by trade?j/w..but if u lookin for 200whp then go ve..but if you just got into the nissan game then i think you should experiment with the DE for now..jus my 2 cents..bump for a b13 owner

Motivation
04-02-2008, 07:54 AM
You should just sell it to me. :)

Any pics of the new car?

ha. no I don't have any pics of it yet that I have taken. There are some on here from the guy I got it from. http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151907 I plan on changin the wheels on it, but not really in a big hurry to do that. Not really digging the painted stock ones but, the paint don't really affect the drive so don't care right now. ha.

Motivation
04-02-2008, 07:57 AM
did u end up gettin this ser by trade?j/w..but if u lookin for 200whp then go ve..but if you just got into the nissan game then i think you should experiment with the DE for now..jus my 2 cents..bump for a b13 owner

Yeah, I got it from "SE-Rious1" (jay) a little while ago... would experiment with the DE except the fact I don't really wanna start modding a motor with 180k miles on it. even though it rides like new... rather just start with low mileage block and everything when I start modding it more. save money in the long run... It actually took me a few days to get used to this car, really like it now though...

Motivation
04-02-2008, 07:59 AM
My bro's VE was about 15-1600. He did everything himself right in the backyard. It hangs with me in a downshift but if i run open dp, i pull about a car on him leaving very slowly after that. He should be able to run high 13's with slicks since he runs low 14's on streets. :goodjob:

P.S The price for a VE is about the same for a b16a motor. But I think the VE kinda of swaps have more of a benefit then a gsr swap or ls/vtec pricewise. My bro's basically a nissan b13 expert.. so lemme no if u wanna ask him sumtn. he should be on my buddys list. *wunquikser*

Appreciate it man. Will definitely keep that in mind! Think it would be a good little sleeper. Every one sees "Sentra" and sees the kinda boxy looking car and thinks real slow so... I would never tell them anything different. :goodjob:

HalfBaked
04-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Awesome, I wanted to buy that car.

I love them in black.

Motivation
04-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks man. It's definitely a clean car for being 15 years old... I bought a 96 s-10 when my honda motor went out, just really wasn't my style. Traded it straight up to him for it. I enjoy the car. It looks better to me than it does in the pics because the front was lowered... I put an exhaust on it because the 15 yr old muffler had holes in it and would rattle.

wunquikser
04-12-2008, 12:23 PM
you got my old headlights on there..haha..but yea i wondering who had jay's old car..but i would suggest going with an sr20ve..187 hp 145 tq..stock! i've probably spent around $2,800+ for this set-up to put down 191 whp...223 hp @ crank..and the numbers are still goin to go up..my goal is 205+ whp..Money well spent here!

wunquikser
04-12-2008, 12:33 PM
btw did you know VE's have VVL(variable valve lift) similiar to vtec but vvl hits harder.. :goodjob:

Motivation
04-13-2008, 09:48 PM
you got my old headlights on there..haha..but yea i wondering who had jay's old car..but i would suggest going with an sr20ve..187 hp 145 tq..stock! i've probably spent around $2,800+ for this set-up to put down 191 whp...223 hp @ crank..and the numbers are still goin to go up..my goal is 205+ whp..Money well spent here!

haha... yeah, I believe it was you he mentioned to me about the swap when we met up. What all have you done to it for 2800? I will be swapping the motor and tranny before a start modding, either that or do a total rebuild. Whichever would be most cost efficient...

Sunny_B13
04-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I got it from "SE-Rious1" (jay) a little while ago... would experiment with the DE except the fact I don't really wanna start modding a motor with 180k miles on it. even though it rides like new... rather just start with low mileage block and everything when I start modding it more. save money in the long run... It actually took me a few days to get used to this car, really like it now though...

well i think it went to a better owner..seein as u r tryin to do sumthin with it..im tha one who actually gave him the lip thats on it..im wunquikser's bro..o yea my motor has 230k on it n i still run it..plannin 2 do a swap soon tho..

Elbow
04-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Swap out the old CA16DET for a new blacktop SR20DET-V

Motivation
04-14-2008, 12:20 PM
^^^ it has an sr20 already in it... but it's a DE (fwd)

Motivation
04-14-2008, 12:22 PM
well i think it went to a better owner..seein as u r tryin to do sumthin with it..im tha one who actually gave him the lip thats on it..im wunquikser's bro..o yea my motor has 230k on it n i still run it..plannin 2 do a swap soon tho..

Yeah, it definitely still runs good... I just don't want to sink a lot of money into it and not rebuild it first... The lip actually changes the front end appearance on it quite a bit. He tried to tell me it ran a 14.2 when he ran it... I am going to have to say :no: . lol it pulls decent, but not that decent... Going to try to get some times this friday at SDR before I start modding it...

wunquikser
04-14-2008, 08:53 PM
14.2 is impossible with a DE motor,especially a bone stock one..stock se-r runs 15.6-16.0s n da quarter..when i had a jdm de w/boltons i ran 15.0 on street tires..dat was 2 yrs ago..so money wise id go wid da Ve..join da Ve Bandwagon and call it a day..

Motivation
04-14-2008, 11:31 PM
14.2 is impossible with a DE motor,especially a bone stock one..stock se-r runs 15.6-16.0s n da quarter..when i had a jdm de w/boltons i ran 15.0 on street tires..dat was 2 yrs ago..so money wise id go wid da Ve..join da Ve Bandwagon and call it a day..

oh i know it isn't possible... That's one of the reasons I was kind of weary when I traded with him... I think his timeslip might have ran out of paper and actually meant 16.2 but ya know... anyways, thanks for the info... I was kind of wondering if it would be too difficult to turn it rwd using parts from the 240s or whatever. I know there would be some fabrication involved.... but was just a thought...

wunquikser
04-15-2008, 01:04 AM
dunt know bout rwd, but ive seen a 4wd sentra

Motivation
04-15-2008, 04:38 PM
^^^ hmm.... that would work too... ha, more fabrication though... LOL, when I got the car, Jay had a 4wd shift knob on it... :eye:

But anyways man, thanks for all the advice and ideas. I'll keep ya updated when I start modding... Hit me up if you ever ride down to SDR

MR. 200SX
04-15-2008, 05:04 PM

Tunnel you can still run a low 14 with a JDM DE. Just takes some mad bolt ons, a FULLY gutted car (I mean guttted NOTHING inside) with some slicks. I don't know if you remember Kevin with the red NX he used to run 14.6's 14.7's with his UK DE with full bolt ons.

Motivation
04-15-2008, 07:22 PM
That though takes out the comfort factor of the car. As a DD, I will not drive a fully gutted car. It would also probably be a lot easier and might be around the same price just to do the swap and not have to worry about gutting, slicks, and a LOT of money in bolt ons. I have heard they have potential... So as long as there is always potential., it makes me feel better about having the motor in the car. Thanks for info.

MR. 200SX
04-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Potential it has tons of it. Just take your time and do it right and it will be the best car you ever owned.

Motivation
04-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Oh, definitely going to take my time and do it right... do it right or do it twice... Less expensive when you only have to do it once...

det kid
04-15-2008, 10:21 PM
hey guys this is rj. I have big news am going to open a shop at the end of the month.
so look out for the grand opening.

wunquikser
04-15-2008, 11:45 PM
^^^ hmm.... that would work too... ha, more fabrication though... LOL, when I got the car, Jay had a 4wd shift knob on it... :eye:

But anyways man, thanks for all the advice and ideas. I'll keep ya updated when I start modding... Hit me up if you ever ride down to SDR

SDR? silver dollar raceway correct?...thats a long ways from me..haha where you located?

wunquikser
04-15-2008, 11:49 PM
Tunnel you can still run a low 14 with a JDM DE. Just takes some mad bolt ons, a FULLY gutted car (I mean guttted NOTHING inside) with some slicks. I don't know if you remember Kevin with the red NX he used to run 14.6's 14.7's with his UK DE with full bolt ons.

yea i remember..its is possible george..i had a buddy ran 14.7 in his b13, fully gutted, ghetto intank and slicks..and it still had a us motor in it..haha

wunquikser
04-15-2008, 11:52 PM
hey guys this is rj. I have big news am going to open a shop at the end of the month.
so look out for the grand opening.

definitely let us kno RJ, :goodjob:

Motivation
04-16-2008, 08:01 AM
SDR? silver dollar raceway correct?...thats a long ways from me..haha where you located?

oh ok. Yeah it is Silver Dollar... I am located in Griffin

wunquikser
04-16-2008, 11:27 AM
dats about a 2 hour drive..thats not too bad

Motivation
04-16-2008, 11:42 AM
I make it down there in about an hour and a half usually. It's not too bad. What have you ran with your se-r, the way it is setup now?

wunquikser
04-16-2008, 03:55 PM
rite now 14.2 spinning of da line with street tires @ 98 mph..with slicks i should be good for mid 13s

Motivation
04-17-2008, 02:47 PM
nice... makes a good little sleeper. ha... well I will post up if I break the 20 second mark this friday at sdr. ha...

Sunny_B13
04-17-2008, 05:28 PM
im pretty sure ull do alot better than 20..prob mid 15s