PDA

View Full Version : I've got a CD problem...****.

AtrumArx
03-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Hey guys,
I've got a 2000 BMW 323i and basically I have a CD stuck in the player. When I inserted the CD into the slot(?) it accepted it and then said CD error and it won't eject.

Any way to get it out without spending $390.00 to some shop? I'm open to ideas like getting pliers and taking it out like that but I don't know how to.

Thanks again.

:cheers:

DieselNuts
03-28-2008, 12:55 PM
if you put pliers in there, not only will you mess up your cd player, but you'll also mess up your cd. might as well just cut your losses, buy a $300 cd player and another $15 cd.

AtrumArx
03-28-2008, 12:58 PM
if you put pliers in there, not only will you mess up your cd player, but you'll also mess up your cd. might as well just cut your losses, buy a $300 cd player and another $15 cd.
There just has to be a way. I'll take note of your suggestion, but I think I should at least try to fix it. Besides, if I might as well cut my losses, why not try fixing it beforehand? Thanks for the help either way.

DieselNuts
03-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Where did you come up with the $390 figure?

AtrumArx
03-28-2008, 01:00 PM
I called up this place called Sound Sensations or something like that in Marietta and they said that to fix it they'd have to take out the CD player, send it to their shop, and then fix it. Seems steep to me...So I figured I'd try to fix it myself, ya know?

Dracc
03-28-2008, 06:57 PM
just listen to the man.. buy and aftermarket.. get it installed and call it a day

Double_0_Rusty
03-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Just for sh!ts and giggles did the cd have a paper lable on it? if so, that's the problem. I see alot of Gm's that come into my work with this problem, and that is the cause......

hybrid90accord
03-29-2008, 03:59 AM
u should be able to lift off the cover of the cd player case and lift up the motor assembly just enough to slide the cd out. ive dont it a few times for customers who are buying a new radio but just wanna get the old cd thats stuck out of the old radio.

Captain-Obvious™
03-29-2008, 05:15 PM
u should be able to lift off the cover of the cd player case and lift up the motor assembly just enough to slide the cd out. ive dont it a few times for customers who are buying a new radio but just wanna get the old cd thats stuck out of the old radio.

I've done that as well It's tedious if you don't know what your doing But worth it just make sure you remember where everything goes

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Try getting it out with some tweezers.

southside
03-29-2008, 07:22 PM
lol try reseting the battery my cd player did the same thing but once i reset the battery the cd player ejected the cd