PDA

View Full Version : pioneer parking brake bypass

LSTurboHatch
03-27-2008, 11:05 PM
ok guys i just picked up a pioneer avh-p4000dvd from work today. i have always been able to bypass my parking brake by grounding the wire on my power acoustik and jensen headunits. but this one requires a parking brake power wire. i have read to do a ground pulse with a toggle switch, but i cant seem to picture how that works in my head. anyone got any ideas?

LSTurboHatch
03-31-2008, 08:35 AM
anyone?

sina518
03-31-2008, 09:22 AM
does it have a silver sticker on the unit like on the top of the actual chassis. some of the pioneers like the D2 have that sticker if u peel it back it voids ur warrenty but there is a switch that bypasses it. if u do the toggle switch on wire from the ground and the other from the parking break. sometimes u have to switch it back and fourth a couple times till it works

98_integra_r
03-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Just splice it into the ground wire for your cigarette lighter. That worked on my panasonic unit that I had.

sina518
03-31-2008, 08:34 PM
panasonic is different then pioneer. Bypass is not the same

sina518
03-31-2008, 08:35 PM
Just splice it into the ground wire for your cigarette lighter. That worked on my panasonic unit that I had.

and u wasted ur time, jst twist the ground on the radio with the green wire and ur done

98_integra_r
03-31-2008, 09:30 PM
and u wasted ur time, jst twist the ground on the radio with the green wire and ur done

I offered some advise. I just told him how I wired mine to see if that was something that could work for him. There is no need to make worthless posts bashing on me. All I did was try to help.

I don't see how I wasted my time if it worked for me??

:thinking:

sonic30101
03-31-2008, 10:01 PM
take the parking brake wire and make an extension to make it longer, connect it to the black ground wire and somewhere before the park brake wire connects to the ground wire put the toggle to interrupt the ground flpping the switch will give you the pulse of ground you need

patrick4588
04-01-2008, 12:03 AM
on some units, there is a trick to program it to bypass. you type a certain code in on the remote and you get to a hidden menu where the bypass is. i know jensen and phase linear do it, not sure about pioneer. i know we did the toggle switch for the ones at work on display

98strat
04-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Most of the pioneer non-nav decks are the same. The older units all you had to do was put the brake wire to one pole of the switch and ground the other pole. When the unit started up just hit the switch so its ground, not ground, ground and leave it. That should bypass it. Its normally about 1 second on each but could be 2.

LSTurboHatch
04-01-2008, 05:25 PM
^^ ill give that a try and see. thanks for the help. REP 4 everyone

sina518
04-01-2008, 07:30 PM
I offered some advise. I just told him how I wired mine to see if that was something that could work for him. There is no need to make worthless posts bashing on me. All I did was try to help.

I don't see how I wasted my time if it worked for me??

:thinking:

not bashing on you retard, just telling you an easier way of doing it for future refrence.

ZzzGrandma!
05-23-2008, 11:07 AM
not bashing on you retard

lol. Nothing else to say.

big99miketma
05-24-2008, 12:18 AM
With pioneer tv's you only have to ground the light green parking brake wire, however the new ones need to be reset every time the ignition is reset or switched on and off, so you can use a switch or if a switch is just too much of a hassle for you, then wire a relay using the remote output of the radio to trigger the relay, and reverse polarity to ground and using that switched ground output of the relay for your parking brake input on the radio. (pin 85 and 87 ground / pin 86 blue/white remote / pin 30 light green parking brake)

mouzzer
06-05-2008, 10:58 PM
power to remote wire on amp works fine, and ground if your unit has one :) GL HF

Kasper
06-22-2008, 11:16 AM
I just wired mine to a switch.. just take the puke green wire to one end of the switch and a ground to the other end. then just ground out the other wire. and bam theres your bypass!

1NonlyAccord
06-22-2008, 03:05 PM
1. Ground the original parking wire (Must Do)
2. There will be a open pin in the wiring harness under the ground wire. You must also ground this pin. I just pulled the wire out from the cellular (http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/249936.html#) mute pin and stuck it in the new pin and grounded it.

bypass from the avic-d2.mayb itl work for you