PDA

View Full Version : Misc How did you leave home

Z32redondo
03-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Was it on a good or bad note. Did you leave willingly or get kicked out. What age and how much cash did you have? How did you make it. Just curious to see how others left.

hondachik
03-25-2008, 08:15 PM
I just left at age 22 in December 2007. I was tired of my mom being nosey. I was tired of her telling me how to raise my daughter as well. I left with some monies. I moved in to an apartment about 5 minutes from my mom, and I can't keep her away from over there. She calls me everyday asking about how I'm doing. I'm spoiled can't help it. She still buys my groceries and washes my clothing (I'm too lazy to walk AND wait at the laundry room on site...so I drive them to her house and just pick em up when they are ready).

Now I can watch all the redtube I want. I can even daydream about the buttsecks all I want. Haha, I keed..

TheGrillMan
03-25-2008, 08:17 PM
left on a bad note when i was 17, worked as a line cook\ apertince under a friend of mine who was the chef

lived with gf for around a year, said screw it and moved to dahlonega beacuse i wanted to live at home to go to culinary school.(rents moved there right when i left)

left again on like 3 sec notice cause of some girl (moved back to fl) was gone 6 months and now im back again for good untill im outa school

T-Mo Goodie
03-25-2008, 09:42 PM
I moved out on good terms, by choice at the age of 22 in 2000. I was living with my mom, grandma, aunt, and cousins (big house, lol not too cramped up). It was just too many people in the house and I felt it was time for me to fly the coop. I left with not a lot of money, probably about $200 and been making it on my own for awhile now. I moved with my (now ex) boyfriend back then and when we finally split (after being together 10yr, living together 3yrs) I moved back with my mom for about a year.

My ex pretty much left me high and dry... We were suppose to have been moving and like 2-3 days before we moved, he said he didn't want to. He went and moved in with another female and left me hanging, so I had no choice but to go home. I told him he could have everything we ever purchased together and bought all new stuff. It is all good though because BABY....he is feeling that **** to this day. He hasn't had any good luck since.

I am living alone and have been for about 3yrs now, hopefully I don't ever have to go back. It is very boring living alone though.....

Firefightin_tC
03-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Left on a good note when I was 19.

Just got back from working for Walt Disney World and I need to crash with the folks until I get on my feet again. Started working at a hotel January of 2004 and left May of 2004 with about a few hundred bucks in my pocket. Been on my own ever since. Joined the Fire Department at 20 and I haven't looked back since.

95alty
03-25-2008, 09:51 PM
I moved out on good terms, by choice at the age of 22 in 2000. I was living with my mom, grandma, aunt, and cousins (big house, lol not too cramped up). It was just too many people in the house and I felt it was time for me to fly the coop. I left with not a lot of money, probably about $200 and been making it on my own for awhile now. I moved with my (now ex) boyfriend back then and when we finally split (after being together 10yr, living together 3yrs) I moved back with my mom for about a year.

My ex pretty much left me high and dry... We were suppose to have been moving and like 2-3 days before we moved, he said he didn't want to. He went and moved in with another female and left me hanging, so I had no choice but to go home. I told him he could have everything we ever purchased together and bought all new stuff. It is all good though because BABY....he is feeling that **** to this day. He hasn't had any good luck since.

I am living alone and have been for about 3yrs now, hopefully I don't ever have to go back. It is very boring living alone though.....

Need someone to come keep you company? I have pics and a nice ride

95alty
03-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Well... i guess ill tell my story... I had graduated high school and procrastinated on choosing a college. So my father told me it was time to go.... i looked in my wallet and saw a marine recruiters number and called him... 3 days later i was on the bus to paris island... (slight exageration) and got pulled out because i picked up a full ride scholarship to school... left on a good note... but still am in the marines

japan4racing
03-25-2008, 10:34 PM
i graduated highschool went home packed my **** and left with $1500....then 6 months later i was back and broke! i moved out again when i was 22 then about 6 month ago i moved back in with the p-units and saved some money and i closed on my first house 3 weeks ago. i would say im doing pretty good for 25

BUGMAN
03-25-2008, 10:48 PM
Hm this should be interesting. I have never really looked back because I had a real chitty childhood and don't care to remember too much of it.

But since you asked...

I was 17 tired of my mother yelling and mentally abusing my father and myself. All I remember her doing was cussing and screaming about everything any of us did and I swore when I was 17 I was outta there. I turned 17 and 2 days later I left with $27 in my pocket. I lived in the back seat of my car for 3-4 months while still going to school and trying to graduate with a 3.9. I couldn't handle it and dropped out 68 days before graduating, I then found 2 full time jobs and within 2 weeks I had my own apartment but had to lie about my age to get moved in. I called my father a few times to let him know that I was OK. A few years later he left her and moved to Fla where he still lives and we still talk but very seldom. I tried dealing with my mother at least a dozen times because of our kids but as of now I haven't spoke to her in over 6 years. She is a very hateful and selfish person that I don't care for our kids to associate with.

I am now old as dirt and looking back I can't see how my father stayed with her as long as he did.

It was a long hard path but I have no regrets.

In the past few years we have supported and helped more than a dozen homeless/helpless teens and will continue to do so.

Revmaynard
03-25-2008, 10:51 PM
I moved in with my girlfriend and her sister in '06 right before I turned 17 and I've lived with her since, I homeschooled so it was easy and I worked to make money. There are no issues between my dad and I so it was a good note.

kfzemx3
03-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Turned 17 and told them I'm Out! 30 days later i was in the navy lol when i got out the navy came home for another 30 days then told them I'm Out!

autumnk5
03-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Hey, Chris, I'm moving out this fall to go to college :) I need a roomie to pay half the rent. My parents will pay for about 70 % of groceries. Mom will bring us cooked meals a couple times a week. Like you know, her hamburgers, her spaghetti, etc. LOL. You know you want to...

So you are thinking about moving out?

Spektrewing386
03-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Well im from west philidelphia and spend most of time playing basketball outside of the school. Then one day I got in a fight and my mom got scared. So I had to move to my auntie and uncle. I went to the airport, I was about 17 or so. Got my ticket, took a deep breath, and stepped on the airplane. Well, the plane landed and when I came out there was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out. I ain't trying to get arrested I just got here, I sprang with the quickness like lightening, disappeared. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say this cab is rare but I thought 'Now forget it' - 'To ATL, player'. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'. I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there to sit on my throne as the Prince of Marierrrrrrr........

SixSquared
03-29-2008, 04:44 PM
^^lol

Moved out when I was 17 to go to college (moved into the dorm). Went from dorm to apartment to house to Savannah, lived there for 2 years, currently chilling at the parents' house while I wait for my lease to end in Savannah (2 more months.. ugh.. too long). Once the lease is up, I'm gonna be looking for a house/apt in Athens

redrumracer
03-29-2008, 05:04 PM
moved out at 20 with 50 bucks then about a year later moved back in after i quit a great job for a different business venture that flopped and started going back to school. now i start school for becoming a pilot in may.

redpanda
03-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Well im from west philidelphia and spend most of time playing basketball outside of the school. Then one day I got in a fight and my mom got scared. So I had to move to my auntie and uncle. I went to the airport, I was about 17 or so. Got my ticket, took a deep breath, and stepped on the airplane. Well, the plane landed and when I came out there was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out. I ain't trying to get arrested I just got here, I sprang with the quickness like lightening, disappeared. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say this cab is rare but I thought 'Now forget it' - 'To ATL, player'. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'. I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there to sit on my throne as the Prince of Marierrrrrrr........

rofl

Benefit
03-29-2008, 06:34 PM

:lmfao:reps

Spektrewing386
03-29-2008, 07:03 PM
moved out at 20 with 50 bucks then about a year later moved back in after i quit a great job for a different business venture that flopped and started going back to school. now i start school for becoming a pilot in may.

Out of interest, what school is this?

Im still waiting for someone to summerize the Joe Dirt movie and use it as their story.

redrumracer
03-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Out of interest, what school is this?

Im still waiting for someone to summerize the Joe Dirt movie and use it as their story.
Middle Georgia College, im going for there 4 year Professional Flight Management degree

1gDSM
03-29-2008, 09:05 PM
got kicked out of my parents house July 21 2007 when I got sent to jail, got out within a few days with 127 dollars to my name, and went to live with my uncle for about 3 days.

Then I moved in with my sister and her finance, got a job as a mover, and decided in December that living with family just isn't for me. Now I have a house in Braselton and I'm loving it.
And now im job hunting, 1 day of work in the last 4 weeks isnt supplying for me.

Schugg
03-29-2008, 09:54 PM
willingly like a dumbass, i was probably 18 or 19, me and my girlfriend got a apartment, wish i would have just stayed home. biggest mistake i ever made, dont move out if you dont have to and dont move out with your girlfriend.

Brut
03-29-2008, 10:17 PM
I left at January 16, 2008 I turned 18 on the 14th. I moved all the way out here to San Jose California. I moved here and lived with a friend paying 300$ a month to sleep on the floor and use a stuffed animal as a pillow. I rode a bicycle everywhere here because I didn't have the money for a car. I worked for AMC in GA so they trasnfered me to a California one. I was promoted the second day working for the California AMC as a Film Crew Lead. Later on I got my own place. I have a 3 bdr 2 bath house in South San Jose and I have my own car which is a Camry. But on Tuesday April 1st I'll be moving back to GA because I am bored of Cali.

Sushi
03-30-2008, 01:44 AM
I moved out at 18, my mom tried to kick me out the day before I left. I had 800 dollars splitting a house with 3 of my friends out in braselton, one bailed 1 week before 1st months was due. Me and the remaining friend held it down until we got 1gDSM to move. Been saving/spending my money right and been making just fine. I'm 19 and i think im doing okay but not wear I want to be. Wishing I finshed High School and went to college.

Manic
03-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Im still living at home with my parents. I personally think that once I have enough money saved and can support my habits then I should be old enough to live on my own. I don't like rushing into things, so until I know im ready I won't be leaving home. But my dad always tells me he'll support my decision when the time comes.

ahmonrah
03-30-2008, 04:02 PM
@ 17 graduated HS, 6 days later, was in Great Lakes 4 bootcamp(NAVY), came back when i left teh service, stayed wit fam for 3 months, shacked up, me and the missus bought our 1st crib @24. almost 30 now and chillin.

AyeJaye
03-30-2008, 05:39 PM
graduated 2004. been workin ever since then. goin to skool now. moved out bout 3 weeks ago. rentin a 3 bd 2.5 bath 2 car garage 2 story house from this old viet guy. rent is cheap az hell :P

doin aight for a 22 year old :P

GIXXERDK
03-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Interesting to hear everyones story.

I'm going to live at home until I graduate college. I tried moving out for a few months, but I just wasn't ready.

koukis14
03-30-2008, 07:30 PM
I lived with my parents untill I was 19, then I moved to Mooresville NC to go to automotive school. When I graduated I moved back in with my parents in Pennsylvania. At 23 I moved in with my girlfriend in Marietta. I had about a grand to my name, a 240, and 3 bags of clothes. Now have less money, an Acura, and more clothes. I work in the service department at a VW dealership.

allmotoronly
03-30-2008, 08:33 PM
I moved out when I was 19 and got an apartment with my then girlfriend (now fiance). I had about $19.5k in the bank, and have been able to live off of that for a few years. I have my own house now, and I'm about to graduate college in just a few months. I'm very glad that I moved out when I did. My parents were cool, but nosy and all in my business like most parents. They also would not let me spend the night at my girlfriend's place, or let her stay at their house with me. That alone was enough reason to move out. I like having my own place and having my privacy!!! I left on good terms, and now I actually only live a few miles away from them. Being the oldest of my siblings, I just got tired of my parents telling me that I had to make a good influence, even though my siblings were bad anyway...

IndianStig
03-30-2008, 11:42 PM
I moved out when I was 19 and got an apartment with my then girlfriend (now fiance). I had about $19.5k in the bank, and have been able to live off of that for a few years. I have my own house now, and I'm about to graduate college in just a few months. I'm very glad that I moved out when I did. My parents were cool, but nosy and all in my business like most parents. They also would not let me spend the night at my girlfriend's place, or let her stay at their house with me. That alone was enough reason to move out. I like having my own place and having my privacy!!! I left on good terms, and now I actually only live a few miles away from them. Being the oldest of my siblings, I just got tired of my parents telling me that I had to make a good influence, even though my siblings were bad anyway...

19.5k? thats is not shabby at all? how did all that happen? im guessing a combination of your savings and some sort of savings acct from family memebers?

BanginJimmy
03-31-2008, 08:29 AM
I got in trouble before I grad HS and I wasnt allowed to walk. Still got my diploma though and left for Marine Boot Camp 3 weeks later. I was in 9 years and got married while I was in. I spent 30 days at home back in 2002 and since then the longest I have been home is 4 days.

Wurm
03-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Left my parents a couple of times but its really not worth the hassle. I pay rent and the downstairs is all mine so besides having to do some stuff i dont like doing I pretty much enjoy it. Ill move again when i can afford a house

j0nbunklah0m
04-01-2008, 02:11 PM

im all late n ****... but LMFAO! reps

Blitanicle99
04-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Left at 19 to go to college in Statesboro. Now turning 20, buying a house in Kennesaw, transferring to KSU. Working for Whitehall Machinery making pretty good money, got my 12k truck paid off and only bankin in more money. :goodjob:

However, the only way I could do this is 3 jobs in highschool. I literally did not have a social life whatsoever. I was either work, or school or sleeping. That was it, no free time, no fun time. No GF nothing. However, to be where I am at today, and be able to do the things I want to do without problems, I would not take it back. I like where I am at and am damn proud being this young and doing what I do.

blackshine007
04-05-2008, 11:29 AM
In a way, I kicked my mom out of her own house and kept it as my own. She's up in NC with my sisters while I live the country life with my GF.

Spektrewing386
04-05-2008, 02:05 PM
what kind of person are you to kick your mother out of her own house? are you one of those Jerry Springer kids?

B18c1Turboed
04-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Wow, i had to think back a few years. I ran away at 17 years old, we lived in Cali at the time,we just moved out there from Gulf Shores AL. i hated Cali after 1 year and my parents where alwasy fighting.I decied to leave. My mom set us up a savings account with 1,000, i went to bank took it out and got a greyhound ticket.

I lived with some friends for about 1 month, then his parents got divorced, then i moved in with my sister for a few months.Then i got a apartment,in the same time i got in too some trouble and i moved to GA. My parents shortly followed,after living with my sister here in GA i moved back in with my parents at 21. I got married 2 years later and got an apartment with the wifey. I think me leaving the house on my own and proving to my parents i could take care of myself showed them alot, they respected me alot more when i moved back in. I think everyone should leave their house when they turn 18 it helps make you into a man or women not having to depend on anyone.

japan4racing
04-05-2008, 03:03 PM
I think everyone should leave their house when they turn 18 it helps make you into a man or women not having to depend on anyone.

werd....graduate and dip! it will teach you some things about life and how good you really have it at home with mom and dad while making you more responsible at the same time

james
04-12-2008, 06:33 PM
im 23 and still live with my parents. I don't have a job. I drink beer daily. Kthx