STUPID

so smart guy what did you do to your camry..i just need some where to start

EssexCounty
03-25-2008, 05:35 PM
35k and i can make it happen

is it even worth doing.....any other mods with the same bang

EmminoDaGreat
03-25-2008, 06:06 PM
You cant compare, you would definately be unique, but you can bring us about a 20k deposit to get started

EssexCounty
03-25-2008, 06:49 PM
WHAT IF I WANTED TO DO IT MYSELF

EmminoDaGreat
03-25-2008, 06:52 PM
lol good luck

EssexCounty
03-25-2008, 07:36 PM
thats it

kfzemx3
03-25-2008, 08:42 PM
i did a tune up, changed the brakes and tires, and kept it stock. Its a great car for several reason, 1 it has a great resale value, 2 gas mileage rocks, and 3 its reliable. I mean come on, look at it really look at it, does it look like a performance car in any way at all. BUT if you want some help, the 3sgte motor seems to be the best bang for your buck. With a little bit of money its capable of making 430whp @19psi and will be cheaper and more realistic than turning a FWD car into a RWD car... Spending 35k on a camry? lol Come on take that money and buy you a supra

Heres you some eyecandy, granted the front is hideous and it should of stayed 1 color but it goes to show people do modify them...
http://www.swegyptian.com/images/front.jpg
http://www.swegyptian.com/images/side_three_quarter.jpg
http://www.swegyptian.com/images/Engine_new.jpg

Then again you can swap to the 1MZ-FE 3.0L V6 and with some money make lower 500s but then again thats spending alot of money in the engine
sigh yet again ugly ass front http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=4070785534392159078

MongolPup
03-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah I would tell you the only way to make it worth it would be to grab a 5 speed and a 1MZ; even then it is debatable. It's just not a tuner car in the classic sense, and Toyota wasn't even thinking along those lines when they designed the motor set or the cars it went in.

The 1MZ is an interesting engine; I've just finished a 3 year term with two of them. They have more torque than they do horsepower, a lost art now a days with variable valve timing (it won't have it unless you source one out of a 98-on ES300 or a 2002-on Camry, and the 98 will just have VVT, not VVT-i). With just a simple and cheap set up (TRD high pressure radiator cap, TRD oil filter, Injen intake/heatshield, HKS hyper-grounding and minor brakes/suspension stuff, premium gas and good oil), it was able to deal with an intake/exhaust RSX-S, an I/H/E base RSX, an I/H/E tC and everything under them. Nothing to brag about, but it isn't a D16, and you do have displacement at your disposal.

Besides custom turbo set-ups, the only forced induction route I'm aware of involves the TRD supercharger, a piece that is both increasingly rare and expensive. Bolt ons will make it fun, especially in a light car, but I blew a knock sensor almost immediately, and concluded my adventure as a result. You run out of cheap mods REAL fast, and you need to start dropping serious money for not that much horsepower; it isn't cost efficient no matter how you look at it.

So my final thoughts.....if that is the car you are driving, you don't have the money needed to properly modify it. Sorry to be blunt. The real world is.....well real. I wish you luck with whatever, and I do have 1MZ stuff for sale in the Flea Market if you need it.

EssexCounty
03-28-2008, 03:51 PM
I AM MOST LIKELY GOING TO PULL TOWARDS THE 3STGE.......NOW ABOUT THE TRANSMISSION SWAP.......

EssexCounty
06-01-2008, 05:50 PM
SUGGESTIONS ON A 2JZ-GTE.......AND A TRANSMISSION CONVERSION FROM A AUTOMATIC TO A 5SPEED

Dr Tweak
06-02-2008, 12:04 PM
A 3SGTE swap would be by far your best option for performance in the '94 Camry. (Don't even think about the 2JZGTE, it won't work without thousands of dollars of custom work and it wouldn't be worth it).

Get yourself EITHER a manual transmission from a 5SFE Camry or a manual transmission from a V6 Camry. You'll need to use the matching mounts and axles to the transmission you use. The 3SGTE will bolt up to either one of those transmissions, the E153 (Camry V6) is techinically stronger but we've never broken an S54 (Camry 4-cylinder) with 300whp cars so that might be fine for you.

To use the S54 transmission you will need a custom clutch kit which we stock.

Doing a manual conversion is fairly simple, just locate all of the manual-specific parts from a manual version of your car and swap everything over (master cylinder, clutch pedal assembly, brake pedal, shifter assembly, shifter cables, clutch lines, and of course your manual transmission and slave cylinder, and a new clutch kit).

Once you decide on your transmission the engine will bolt right into place (use a 5SFE passenger-side mount and bracket).

The wiring is all custom to make it plug and play (check http://www.phoenixtuning.com/ for this service).

Then you will need a custom front-mount intercooler install, custom a/c and p/s lines, and a little bit of custom exhaust work (though I would recommend a full 3" mandrel-bent stainless exhaust).

That's about it, do that and you'll have a very quick little Camry. Of course there's a plethra of information on upgrading the 3SGTE, you can make a ton of power with those engines.

-Doc

redpanda
06-02-2008, 12:17 PM
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103

If you have the 5sfe 4 banger with A/T, swap those out for the 1mz engine with 5spd tranny. The difference will be like heaven and hell. If you're wanting some serious power, most people boost their 1mz by fitting it with a gt-40 making respectable numbers. But, from a guy who drives a 3rd gen Camry..beyond the 1mz/5spd swap, modding a Camry isn't worth it

EssexCounty
06-18-2008, 10:21 AM
i appreciate the feedback........but umm where should i be looking for the transmission....i have been told to strip one from a car at the junkyard?? and umm would it be smarter to go ahead and get the motor or swap the transmission first....???