PDA

View Full Version : 1JZ into my 1986 Toyota Cressida??

Brian*
03-22-2008, 10:38 PM
I know there are alot of them out there but I want to know what I need to drop the 1J right in? If anyone knows please LMK*:cheers:

mike's02ls1
03-22-2008, 10:51 PM
I know there are alot of them out there but I want to know what I need to drop the 1J right in? If anyone knows please LMK*:cheers:
I seen a cressida with a 7mgte which is stock but he added the turbo set up from a Supra and swap a 5 spd in it. **** was a sleeper, he did awsome work on the intake tubing going to the intercooler.

Farrow2005
03-23-2008, 12:01 AM
MK1s are 7Mgtes

but i read about them..

im a big Cressida fan. 92s are the best year for them.

Brian*
03-23-2008, 01:21 AM
I love the old school*

Cyclonehatch
03-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Does your Cressi have a 7M motor in it? If so then you can follow the basic guidelines for doing a 1JZ/2JZ swap into a MKIII supra. Look Here:
http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292754

Echonova
03-23-2008, 03:17 PM
You need the entire front clip to make it easy. The swap isn't much different than putting it in a MKIII Supra. The engine bay is smaller which makes things harder to do, wiring will be your biggest pain in the ass. 'Lot more wiring to do than a Supra to make everything work.

Brian*
03-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Does your Cressi have a 7M motor in it? If so then you can follow the basic guidelines for doing a 1JZ/2JZ swap into a MKIII supra. Look Here:
http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292754

Mine came with the little 5M :cry: Do I need the whole crossmember from the 7M cressy? If so will an MKIII supra one work? Sorry I'm new to this*

Brian*
03-23-2008, 06:22 PM
You need the entire front clip to make it easy. The swap isn't much different than putting it in a MKIII Supra. The engine bay is smaller which makes things harder to do, wiring will be your biggest pain in the ass. 'Lot more wiring to do than a Supra to make everything work.

Thanks bro, its really just a shell I'm building a new drift car* Could I just cut out a new whole in the fire wall and run the harness through it? And I am getting AutoMeter gauges for oil pres., fuel, temp, and tac* Is that going to be a pain in the ass to wire up?? (or should I do a supra gauge cluster)

+1 I ask to many questions lol

Beautiful Silvia BTW