PDA

View Full Version : kicker dvc wiring

THEONE
03-21-2008, 08:14 AM
i need a picture of 12in kicker square sub (dvc) with both coils wires but only @4ohm or info on how to wire it. is it the same as any other dvc sub?

audiowiz
03-21-2008, 12:37 PM
what is the impedance of each voice coil?

BanginJimmy
03-21-2008, 01:27 PM
its exactly the same as any other DVC sub

wired in paralell
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/graphics/Support/Tutorials/wiring_images/DVC_Parallel_1.gif

wired in series
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/graphics/Support/Tutorials/wiring_images/DVC_Series_1.gif

SHOWTYPE5
03-21-2008, 07:29 PM
yes its the same. you still have two positives and two negatives. it looks confusing at first but it's the same.

THEONE
03-21-2008, 08:43 PM
its exactly the same as any other DVC sub

wired in paralell
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/graphics/Support/Tutorials/wiring_images/DVC_Parallel_1.gif

wired in series
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/graphics/Support/Tutorials/wiring_images/DVC_Series_1.gif

awesome thanks,i had to be sure. hey got any ideas on a box? i want to build a box for a 85 trans am but i have no clue how to get dimensions to make the correct panels for a sealed box.i dont want a fat square box i want something close to 28in long x 8in tall x 15inches wide..kinda flat to fit in a tight place im not goin for boom or any of that i just happened get this sub really cheap and im more into getting a drum beat or kick drum sound rather than a boooom booom.

BanginJimmy
03-21-2008, 10:10 PM
do you know if it is an L5 or an L7?

If it is an L7 those exterior dimensions would work very well for a box. It would leave you a little under 1.25cu after displacements.

If it is an L5 then it would be a bit large. It would be an easy fix though, just a matter of taking about 2" off the overall leangth of the box. You will end up with about 1.1cu.

THEONE
03-21-2008, 11:36 PM
do you know if it is an L5 or an L7?

If it is an L7 those exterior dimensions would work very well for a box. It would leave you a little under 1.25cu after displacements.

If it is an L5 then it would be a bit large. It would be an easy fix though, just a matter of taking about 2" off the overall leangth of the box. You will end up with about 1.1cu.

thats the thing i dont know the model. it says kicker custom on the cone and it came in a pre made plastic box for a tahoe or something.i know its a dvc and it has no info on the magnet other than the serial# and another # but i cannot find anything on it.

BanginJimmy
03-22-2008, 02:41 AM
you may be able to call kicker and get the model number from the serial number. Or else you can use my smaller recomendation and go with that.

audiowiz
03-22-2008, 05:26 PM
if it says Kicker Custom, did it come out of a Dodge? Kicker is making the "audiophile" system for dodge now and they stamp the cones "kicker custom". if that is the case, follow the specs for the l5 box, but shave another 1.5-2" off the length. also, dont put more than 200-300 watts per sub. That is of course if these are indeed the dodge subs. Kicker produced a special line for dodge which, performance wise, is about like a CVR, only Square. not a bad system for "OEM"

THEONE
03-22-2008, 09:45 PM
if it says Kicker Custom, did it come out of a Dodge? Kicker is making the "audiophile" system for dodge now and they stamp the cones "kicker custom". if that is the case, follow the specs for the l5 box, but shave another 1.5-2" off the length. also, dont put more than 200-300 watts per sub. That is of course if these are indeed the dodge subs. Kicker produced a special line for dodge which, performance wise, is about like a CVR, only Square. not a bad system for "OEM"

i have no idea what it came out of. i do know it came in a pre fabbed plastic box for a truck or suv i was thinkin a tahoe or escalade. and it has been rewired kinda goofy .so you say i need to make my box about 2 inches shorter than what i said above? oh an yeah im gonna push it with a small kicker 200.2 i picked up today