PDA

View Full Version : Today Is Friday Hoes!!!

Brett
03-21-2008, 06:19 AM
Today is Friday!! They call this "Good Friday" :thinking: but to me, isnt EVERY FRIDAY a good Friday? Damn that Jesus guy tryin to get yet ANOTHER day for him, We gave him Easter and Christmas, Isnt that enough? :lmfao:

Discuss.

Mike Lowrey
03-21-2008, 06:29 AM
~sigh~

Brett
03-21-2008, 06:39 AM
:thinking:

Sammich
03-21-2008, 06:43 AM
fuk u

Leisa
03-21-2008, 06:49 AM
Brett how many times have I told you not to make fun of the religious holiday... Karma is a b*tch~

Sammich
03-21-2008, 06:52 AM
Brett how many times have I told you not to make fun of the religious holiday... Karma is a b*tch~

in other words...ur going lacking tonight cuz it is written that sex should not be withheld in the relationship:lmfao:

The Ninja
03-21-2008, 06:56 AM
Easter and Christmas were originally Pagan holidays. Food for thought.

Brett
03-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Im not making fun of the holiday....... Okay yes I am :D

Leisa
03-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Im not making fun of the holiday....... Okay yes I am :D

Shame on you

Brett
03-21-2008, 08:39 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Sammich
03-21-2008, 08:40 AM
lol @ bretts unwanting celibacy in marriage

Ran
03-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Easter and Christmas were originally Pagan holidays. Food for thought.:werd:

I find it funny how most "Christians" these days say that it's okay to celebrate them as long as they make Jesus and God the premise for the holiday.

Hmm...what does the Bible have to say about that?

Dueteronomy 12:32 - What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Mark 7:6 - He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Revelations 22:18 - For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Yeah, good job on following the Bible guys.

How's the saying go?

"The path to Hell is paved with good intentions."

Sammich
03-21-2008, 08:45 AM
pwnt

BKgen®
03-21-2008, 11:36 AM
so who's getting banned today?

Ran
03-21-2008, 11:42 AM
so who's getting banned today?KDM Guy

BKgen®
03-21-2008, 11:43 AM
srry he doesn't live here any more. j00 got de wrong numba.

Sammich
03-21-2008, 11:54 AM
GKtib with the "R" in the circle...

BKgen®
03-21-2008, 11:55 AM
GKtib with the "R" in the circle...

LOL teh keyboard pwns j00 :lmfao:

Sammich
03-21-2008, 11:56 AM
LOL teh keyboard pwns j00 :lmfao:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

screw u nerd

Got Milk?
03-21-2008, 12:18 PM
I agree with first post. EVERY GOD DAMN FRIDAY IS A GOOD ****ING FRIDAY

Ran
03-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Except for Black Friday. There's nothing good about Black Friday. Especially the "Black" part. :ninja:

Sammich
03-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Except for Black Friday. There's nothing good about Black Friday. Especially the "Black" part. :ninja:

:lmao:

Leisa
03-21-2008, 01:12 PM
it is a beautiful day outside...

stillaneon
03-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Easter and Christmas were originally Pagan holidays. Food for thought.

Not completely doubting you because I have no proof other wise and wikipedia has nothing on it but please show me some proof where these are not religious based holidays

Ran
03-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Not completely doubting you because I have no proof other wise and wikipedia has nothing on it but please show me some proof where these are not religious based holidaysChristmas
Roman pagans first introduced the holiday of Saturnalia, a week long period of lawlessness celebrated between December 17-25. During this period, Roman courts were closed, and Roman law dictated that no one could be punished for damaging property or injuring people during the weeklong celebration. The festival began when Roman authorities chose “an enemy of the Roman people” to represent the “Lord of Misrule.” Each Roman community selected a victim whom they forced to indulge in food and other physical pleasures throughout the week. At the festival’s conclusion, December 25th, Roman authorities believed they were destroying the forces of darkness by brutally murdering this innocent man or woman.

The ancient Greek writer poet and historian Lucian (in his dialogue entitled Saturnalia) describes the festival’s observance in his time. In addition to human sacrifice, he mentions these customs: widespread intoxication; going from house to house while singing naked; rape and other sexual license; and consuming human-shaped biscuits (still produced in some English and most German bakeries during the Christmas season).

In the 4th century CE, Christianity imported the Saturnalia festival hoping to take the pagan masses in with it. Christian leaders succeeded in converting to Christianity large numbers of pagans by promising them that they could continue to celebrate the Saturnalia as Christians. The problem was that there was nothing intrinsically Christian about Saturnalia. To remedy this, these Christian leaders named Saturnalia’s concluding day, December 25th, to be Jesus’ birthday.

Easter
The name "Easter" originated with the names of an ancient Goddess and God. The Venerable Bede, (672-735 CE.) a Christian scholar, first asserted in his book De Ratione Temporum that Easter was named after Eostre (a.k.a. Eastre). She was the Great Mother Goddess of the Saxon people in Northern Europe. Similarly, the "Teutonic dawn goddess of fertility [was] known variously as Ostare, Ostara, Ostern, Eostra, Eostre, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos." Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: "eastre." Similar Goddesses were known by other names in ancient cultures around the Mediterranean, and were celebrated in the springtime. Some were:

Aphrodite from ancient Cyprus
Ashtoreth from ancient Israel
Astarté from ancient Greece
Demeter from Mycenae
Hathor from ancient Egypt
Ishtar from Assyria
Kali, from India
Ostara a Norse Goddess of fertility.

An alternative explanation has been suggested. The name given by the Frankish church to Jesus' resurrection festival included the Latin word "alba" which means "white." (This was a reference to the white robes that were worn during the festival.) "Alba" also has a second meaning: "sunrise." When the name of the festival was translated into German, the "sunrise" meaning was selected in error. This became "ostern" in German. Ostern has been proposed as the origin of the word "Easter".

There are two popular beliefs about the origin of the English word "Sunday."

1) It is derived from the name of the Scandinavian sun Goddess Sunna (a.k.a. Sunne, Frau Sonne).
2) It is derived from "Sol," the Roman God of the Sun." Their phrase "Dies Solis" means "day of the Sun." The Christian saint Jerome commented "If it is called the day of the sun by the pagans, we willingly accept this name, for on this day the Light of the world arose, on this day the Sun of Justice shone forth."

Slow Motion
03-21-2008, 02:39 PM
:thinking: ..

Sammich
03-24-2008, 07:21 AM
pwnt by rice cooker