PDA

View Full Version : General Chat THE DUMBEST NEW TREND.

BobbyFresco
03-19-2008, 11:38 PM
I'VE NOTICED A TREND LATELY THAT IS BECOMING VERY IRRITATING... PAINTING OEM WHEELS......

WTF GIVES?
THE NEW RICER TACTIC?
IS IT BEC OF LACK OF MONEY OR IS IT FOR THE ASTHETIC VALUE W/OUT ACTUALLY WORKING FOR IT? AND WHAT IS IT WITH ALL THE UGLY COLORS BEING USED?
TRYING TO BE ORIGINAL? PAINTED OEM WHEELS DOES NOT EQUAL JDM OR JSPEC OR WHATEVER THE NEW TERM BEING THROWN AROUND THESE DAYS IS.....

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY SOME RARE WHEELS IF YOU'RE REALLY OUT TO IMPRESS, IS MY OPINION BUT I DIGRESS....

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS? AGREE OR DISAGREE...DO YOU HAVE AN OPINION? LETS TRY TO KEEP THIS AS CIVIL AS POSSIBLE...:goodjob:

DC2NR
03-19-2008, 11:44 PM
I don't think there is a problem with that. Some wheels look better in a certain color. Although there are some that don't. But I see where you're coming from. Some people just claim it as JDM but they do not know the true meaning of JDM.

atlxpat
03-19-2008, 11:57 PM
to each his own, and yes caps lock did make your post that much more important

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 12:02 AM
^^^^^^^ AND SO IT BEGINS....

AND HOW DOES MY TYPING IN CAPS, FOR NO SPECIFIC REASON I MIGHT ADD, AFFECT YOU?

OH AND THANKS FOR CONTRIBUTING NOTHING TO THE THREAD OTHER THAN STUPIDITY....:goodjob:

ATK_Designs
03-20-2008, 12:02 AM
my oems are stripped, and noone can match that color, so I'm painting it. Have a problem with that?

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 12:09 AM
LOL @ PPL GETTING OFFENDED...

:lmfao:

EDIT: WHAT HAPPENED TO PPL SAVING THEIR MONEY AND BUYING AFTERMARKET WHEELS TO ACHIEVE THAT MODIFIED LOOK?

I GUESS IT'S NOT COOL TO WORK YOUR ASS OFF FOR WHAT YOU WANT ANYMORE.
LET'S TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT AND PAINT SHIIT, NO MATTER HOW UGLY OR CHEAP IT LOOKS....:goodjob:

Kevykev
03-20-2008, 01:06 AM
Hardly a NEW trend.

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Hardly a NEW trend.

You're absolutely correct...it isn't a new trend per se but it is one of
those that is becoming more prevalent.....

Sammich
03-20-2008, 06:19 AM
Hardly a NEW trend.

took the letters out of my mouth

95alty
03-20-2008, 06:22 AM
some wheels look better in other colors personally... Like the ones in my sig... im painting those... but JDM is not in my vocabulary seeing as though its european... but ya... my OEMs cost more than some of those rims people buy... so ya... to each his own

TicketRedBB6
03-20-2008, 06:59 AM
I disagree with the OP. Yes, it's stupid when people paint OEMs and claim it's JDM, but not everyone does. I plan on getting my OEMs painted but that's just because I think it'll look better than plain silver. I don't have money for new rims or tires and can get them painted for very cheap. If people paint their OEMs just because that's what they choose over expensive JDM rims, that's okay to me. But painting OEMs just because you desperatley want JDM rims but can't afford them, so you paint your OEMs to look like a JDM rim...that I don't like.

AnthonyF
03-20-2008, 07:18 AM
depending on the OEM wheels. I like the EVO's with the stock rims painted....well...other than that car I cant think of any other car with stock rims that are painted.

khaxnguyen
03-20-2008, 07:18 AM
hrm u had a bad morning. =| no Pu$$y tonight? i'm kidding*. i like polishED oem wheels. so i rock them. how about u? not everyone has the money to buy aftermarket wheels THEN put some tires on them. cheap aftermarket wheels will probably make your car looks WORSE. and if u get some expensive ass wheels, you gotta make it look right on ur car too.. =|--IMO

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 07:32 AM
hrm u had a bad morning. =| no Pu$$y tonight? i'm kidding*. i like polishED oem wheels. so i rock them. how about u? not everyone has the money to buy aftermarket wheels THEN put some tires on them. cheap aftermarket wheels will probably make your car looks WORSE. and if u get some expensive ass wheels, you gotta make it look right on ur car too.. =|--IMO

I think depending on the wheel, the polished look is ok....

I see mostly Honda's with OEM painted wheels.....In the same colors as the Rotas and such....I think I would almost prefer to see someone rocking Rotas than OEM painted wheels honestly....

khaxnguyen
03-20-2008, 07:37 AM
welll opinions, opinions... i love polished lol. some actually do make it work with the paint. =D well money isnt the easiest thing to come across.

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 07:55 AM
well money isnt the easiest thing to come across.

Anything worth having is worth working for IMO....
I understand that people don't have cash to buy shiit straight up sometimes but if you're patient and you stack your money up, you can afford anything you want, if you want it bad enough.

The same thing bothers me when I see people slapping unpainted bodykits on their cars......

soul
03-20-2008, 07:58 AM
this was a dumb thread, thank you

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 08:04 AM
this was a dumb thread, thank you

and an equally stupid response.....:goodjob:

Edit: I see you have painted OEM wheels....No wonder...:lmfao:

SixSquared
03-20-2008, 08:08 AM
People paint wheels for the same reason people tint taillights and paint valve covers... APC/Altezza taillights COST more than tinting OEM taillights.. am I a ricer because I tinted my tails instead of going with the more expensive option? Hardly. One of these days, you are going to learn that despite all the bellowing you do online, people's cars are still THEIR cars. If someone wants to paint their wheels, what does it affect you? I'm sure there are people that disagree with the mods on your car, but you know, that's why 99% of us on here drive modified cars... we tuned/modded them the way WE want to. You can rant all you want about unpainted body kits and painted wheels, and in the end, people really could give a ****.

What DOES irritate me is when people don't bother to take the time to make their painted wheels look good. You already bought the spraypaint, it doesn't cost you a dime more to do several light coats and make your wheels look consistently coated and nice than to just slather on a bunch of paint and make them look like crap.

My favorite wheels I have EVER rocked on any of my cars were my powdercoated GSR fat fives I had on my old del Sol. They looked great. :)

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/3/7818123671.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic/5031401)
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/3/7818124332.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic/5031402)

PS, Stunt... what do you have to say about people that DO spend a lot of money on aftermarket wheels and then paint them?

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 08:17 AM
People paint wheels for the same reason people tint taillights and paint valve covers... APC/Altezza taillights COST more than tinting OEM taillights.. am I a ricer because I tinted my tails instead of going with the more expensive option? Hardly. One of these days, you are going to learn that despite all the bellowing you do online, people's cars are still THEIR cars. If someone wants to paint their wheels, what does it affect you? I'm sure there are people that disagree with the mods on your car, but you know, that's why 99% of us on here drive modified cars... we tuned/modded them the way WE want to. You can rant all you want about unpainted body kits and painted wheels, and in the end, people really could give a ****.

What DOES irritate me is when people don't bother to take the time to make their painted wheels look good. You already bought the spraypaint, it doesn't cost you a dime more to do several light coats and make your wheels look consistently coated and nice than to just slather on a bunch of paint and make them look like crap.

My favorite wheels I have EVER rocked on any of my cars were my powdercoated GSR fat fives I had on my old del Sol. They looked great. :)

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/3/7818123671.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic/5031401)
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/3/7818124332.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic/5031402)

PS, Stunt... what do you have to say about people that DO spend a lot of money on aftermarket wheels and then paint them?

So you're telling me that you've NEVER bagged on anyone for having a ricey car or mods that could be considered ricey? I'm willing to bet on the fact that surely you have.....My opinion is my opinion and yours is yours and although I dont agree with it, I'm trying to respect your point of view.....

Does it affect me personally? NO...
The issue that I have is when people start to define our import lifestyle with cheap bodykits and painted wheels....I'm not the only one with this opinion...
Call me a snob or whatever you'd like but I don't see the point.
and if you spend real money on your wheels and you want to be original, then go for it....There's a distinction between painting aftermarket wheels and painting your stock wheels in the attempts to emulate style from a wheel that you wont save up the money to buy....

quickdodge®
03-20-2008, 08:22 AM
I plan on getting my OEMs painted but that's just because I think it'll look better than plain silver.

I honestly don't think you're rims will look good painted to match your car. Later, QD.

SixSquared
03-20-2008, 08:32 AM
So you're telling me that you've NEVER bagged on anyone for having a ricey car or mods that could be considered ricey? I'm willing to bet on the fact that surely you have.....My opinion is my opinion and yours is yours and although I dont agree with it, I'm trying to respect your point of view.....

Does it affect me personally? NO...
The issue that I have is when people start to define our import lifestyle with cheap bodykits and painted wheels....I'm not the only one with this opinion...
Call me a snob or whatever you'd like but I don't see the point.
and if you spend real money on your wheels and you want to be original, then go for it....There's a distinction between painting aftermarket wheels and painting your stock wheels in the attempts to emulate style from a wheel that you wont save up the money to buy....

I agree that it does irk me to see people riding around in cars that look like crap, but on the flip side of that, not everyone has the money to be able to afford a daily driver and keep a show/mod car. And even with people that do, money doesn't buy taste. It's all about people's personal priorities. I would rather see someone driving a car with painted wheels and owning a house than someone who has a "sick" car but is 30 years old and either lives in an apartment or with mom and dad. I disagree with your logic about painting aftermarket wheels vs painting stock wheels, though. Painting wheels is painting wheels. Doesn't matter if they are 14" stockers or 18" volks. They're all painted because the owner of the wheels/car wanted to personalize it. You really have a moot point in this thread. Starting out all angrysaurus rex, now saying everyone has their own opinion and should be respected for it.

:cry: brings a tear to my eye to see... People using words like "opinion" and "respect" on here... next thing you know we're all gonna be holding hands and singing some motherfawking kum ba ya in here. SNAP OUT OF IT MAN!

atlxpat
03-20-2008, 08:46 AM
^^^^^^^ AND SO IT BEGINS....

AND HOW DOES MY TYPING IN CAPS, FOR NO SPECIFIC REASON I MIGHT ADD, AFFECT YOU?

OH AND THANKS FOR CONTRIBUTING NOTHING TO THE THREAD OTHER THAN STUPIDITY....:goodjob:

i said to each his own, ppl can do w/e they want to their own car cause its THEIR OWN CAR. and yea caps lock buddy, doesn't make what you say sound anymore important =/

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 08:49 AM
i said to each his own, ppl can do w/e they want to their own car cause its THEIR OWN CAR. and yea caps lock buddy, doesn't make what you say sound anymore important =/

THAT'S WHAT I WAS GOING FOR!!!:rolleyes:
NOW I'M JUST DOING IT BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY IT BOTHERS YOU...:goodjob:

WHAT AN IDIOT.....HAVE A COKE AND A SMILE AND STFU....

SixSquared
03-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Caps lock does in fact make him more important, and by letting him know that it aggravates you, you're only encouraging him. :P

Stunt... lemme see pics of your car. Totally off topic, but I just realized that I don't think I've ever seen it...

R32Dragon
03-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Hondas with painted white steelies FTWTF!

Nemesis
03-20-2008, 09:04 AM
I dont necessarily think changing the color of a stock wheel is ricey, but most of the Honda crowd doesnt do it the right way. They buy a few rattle cans , spray it down, overspray on the tires and rush to grab their little cameras to post pics on a forum. Some stock wheels from manufacturers look like aftermarket wheels, even more so after being powdercoated. Im completely fine with it, but I have never seen a stock Honda type wheel that looked good painted...or if it has looked decent online it looked like **** in person. We all grow up though, and spray painting stock wheels is kind of ricey in my opinion. Ill admit, Ive done it before on past cars and it looked like **** after a while and took away from the whole look of the car and made it cheap.

soul
03-20-2008, 09:05 AM
and an equally stupid response.....:goodjob:

Edit: I see you have painted OEM wheels....No wonder...:lmfao:
ahaha your a dumbass, mine are not painted there all original and not cheap rims either,thank you...

dumbass now go back to your room and dont come out till i tell ya

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Caps lock does in fact make him more important, and by letting him know that it aggravates you, you're only encouraging him. :P

Stunt... lemme see pics of your car. Totally off topic, but I just realized that I don't think I've ever seen it...

YEP..I LOVE TO BE EGGED ON...:lmfao:

AND HERE ARE A FEW PICS OF ONE OF MY CARS FOR YOU PHANTOM

speedminded
03-20-2008, 09:09 AM
I'VE NOTICED A TREND LATELY THAT IS BECOMING VERY IRRITATING... PAINTING OEM WHEELS......

WTF GIVES?
THE NEW RICER TACTIC?
IS IT BEC OF LACK OF MONEY OR IS IT FOR THE ASTHETIC VALUE W/OUT ACTUALLY WORKING FOR IT? AND WHAT IS IT WITH ALL THE UGLY COLORS BEING USED?
TRYING TO BE ORIGINAL? PAINTED OEM WHEELS DOES NOT EQUAL JDM OR JSPEC OR WHATEVER THE NEW TERM BEING THROWN AROUND THESE DAYS IS.....

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY SOME RARE WHEELS IF YOU'RE REALLY OUT TO IMPRESS, IS MY OPINION BUT I DIGRESS....

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS? AGREE OR DISAGREE...DO YOU HAVE AN OPINION? LETS TRY TO KEEP THIS AS CIVIL AS POSSIBLE...:goodjob:My opinion is you need to find a new hobby. Badgering people that are "customizing" things is a lost cause.

Modifying OEM parts has been around for DECADES:

http://www.streetrods-online.com/RAT%20RODS/rat_rods.htm

http://www.streetrods-online.com/RAT%20RODS/0412sr_louisville_08_z1.jpg

Feel free to pick on people that don't spend the time to do it right though. Had a E46 M3 in the shop the other day with black spray painted OEM wheels and they weren't even cleaned first. Paint is bubbled up and flaking, you can see the scrapes and scratches that were on the wheel underneath the paint, etc. Now if it had been media blasted and powdercoated or even just prepped properly for paint then sprayed then it would be fine.

I've seen people do headlight conversion then wrap the $hit with electrical tape. Buy a damn bag of heat shrink for the same price as a roll of electrical tape for gods sake!!

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 09:10 AM
I dont necessarily think changing the color of a stock wheel is ricey, but most of the Honda crowd doesnt do it the right way. They buy a few rattle cans , spray it down, overspray on the tires and rush to grab their little cameras to post pics on a forum. Some stock wheels from manufacturers look like aftermarket wheels, even more so after being powdercoated. Im completely fine with it, but I have never seen a stock Honda type wheel that looked good painted...or if it has looked decent online it looked like **** in person. We all grow up though, and painting stock wheels is kind of ricey in my opinion. Ill admit, Ive done it before on past cars and it looked like **** after a while and took away from the whole look of the car and made it cheap.

GREAT POST.

quickdodge®
03-20-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm actually having my stockers painted(powdercoated) in two weeks on my CVCC. Later, QD.

soul
03-20-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm actually having my stockers painted(powdercoated) in two weeks on my CVCC. Later, QD.
ricer

Kevykev
NOT A STUPID THREAD AT ALL!

I think after seeing countless sets of DUPLICOLOR-Grade Wheels with over spray or Lime GREEN JDM, TEIN inspired applications, the man just felt like voicing his opinion.

I've seen some clean stock wheels but those accounts only make up about 15% of the overall population.

Don't get me wrong, I support "Working with what you have" 100% but if you do it.... DO IT RIGHT!

DON'T DO IT RICE,DO IT RIGHT! - LOL

I dont necessarily think changing the color of a stock wheel is ricey, but most of the Honda crowd doesnt do it the right way. They buy a few rattle cans , spray it down, overspray on the tires and rush to grab their little cameras to post pics on a forum. .

Truth

BobbyFresco
My opinion is you need to find a new hobby. Badgering people that are "customizing" things is a lost cause.

Modifying OEM parts has been around for DECADES:

http://www.streetrods-online.com/RAT%20RODS/rat_rods.htm

http://www.streetrods-online.com/RAT%20RODS/0412sr_louisville_08_z1.jpg

Feel free to pick on people that don't spend the time to do it right though. Had a E46 M3 in the shop the other day with black spray painted OEM wheels and they weren't even cleaned first. Paint is bubbled up and flaking, you can see the scrapes and scratches that were on the wheel underneath the paint, etc. Now if it had been media blasted and powdercoated or even just prepped properly for paint then sprayed then it would be fine.

I've seen people do headlight conversion then wrap the $hit with electrical tape. Buy a damn bag of heat shrink for the same price as a roll of electrical tape for gods sake!!

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT FEELS THIS WAY...TAKE A LOOK ON HONDA-TECH AND WITNESS SOME OF THE RICE AND THE OPINIONS ON THERE....

quickdodge®
03-20-2008, 09:14 AM
ricer

Then a ricer I will be, lolol. Later, QD.

speedminded
I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT FEELS THIS WAY...TAKE A LOOK ON HONDA-TECH AND WITNESS SOME OF THE RICE AND THE OPINIONS ON THERE....I respect 1% of the Honda-tech community, the rest is ridiculous trash.

BobbyFresco
NOT A STUPID THREAD AT ALL!

I think after seeing countless sets of DUPLICOLOR-Grade Wheels with over spray or Lime GREEN JDM, TEIN inspired applications, the man just felt like voicing his opinion.

I've seen some clean stock wheels but those accounts only make up about 15% of the overall population.

Don't get me wrong, I support "Working with what you have" 100% but if you do it.... DO IT RIGHT!

DON'T DO IT RICE,DO IT RIGHT! - LOL

THIS MAN GETS WHAT I'M SAYING...:goodjob:

speedminded
03-20-2008, 09:20 AM
THIS MAN GETS WHAT I'M SAYING...:goodjob:You titled it NEW trend. I did Z32 300zx wheels in grahite in '99. The dually wheels on our '69 chevy pickup were painted white in 1979 and I painted them black in like 1994-95. It's not new by any means, just more people THINK they are capable of doing it.

SixSquared
03-20-2008, 09:23 AM
YEP..I LOVE TO BE EGGED ON...:lmfao:

AND HERE ARE A FEW PICS OF ONE OF MY CARS FOR YOU PHANTOM

ricer with painted wheels. :P

Just kidding... hotness. We can be friends. :P

Nemesis
03-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Its not just wheels either

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=138602&stc=1

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 09:25 AM
You titled it NEW trend. I did Z32 300zx wheels in grahite in '99. The dually wheels on our '69 chevy pickup were painted white in 1979 and I painted them black in like 1994-95. It's not new by any means, just more people THINK they are capable of doing it.

Like I stated before, I am fully aware that this trend is not so new...
However, the number of ppl doing it has increased because of the relative cheapness of spraypaint and ppl wanting to achieve a look without spending the money....

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Its not just wheels either

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=138602&stc=1

:lmfao: ...

Valvecovers I can see...but a whole block...wtf?

speedminded
03-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Is it going to be rice (or Kraut in this case) if I were to powdercoat and polish my BBS RC's?

Nemesis
03-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Is it going to be rice (or Kraut in this case) if I were to powdercoat and polish my BBS RC's?

If you were rattle canning those things and doing it wrong then yeah I would say so, but thats his point in my opinion.

speedminded
03-20-2008, 09:31 AM
:lmfao: ...

Valvecovers I can see...but a whole block...wtf?Again, blocks have been painted since the internal combustion engine was invented...only this moron painted an aluminum engine, lolol. 1) no paint needed bc it won't rust 2) Paint holds heat in *sigh*

ATK_Designs
03-20-2008, 09:31 AM
So Jorgy, according to u, I'm a ricer since I paint my G35's OEM wheels (because they're stripped and I can't match the OEM color)? :p :taun:

Btw, I gotta admit, my car is ricey :D

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 09:32 AM
If you were rattle canning those things and doing it wrong then yeah I would say so, but thats his point in my opinion.

Again, I agree with you...

Kevykev
03-20-2008, 09:33 AM

Yes because everyone knows that the "RC" stand for Rattle Can.

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 09:33 AM
BBS's could NEVER be rice....LOL

quickdodge®
03-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Do you have a BMW?

I'm not getting wheels for my car because, well....I really can't. My lug pattern hasn't been around for over 20 years. Wheels are very hard to come by and that makes them really expensive when they do. I also want more of an stock look so I have a plan with mine that I shall not divulge just yet. Later, QD.

speedminded
03-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Do you have a BMW?

I'm not getting wheels for my car because, well....I really can't. My lug pattern hasn't been around for over 20 years. Wheels are very hard to come by and that makes them really expensive when they do. I also want more of an stock look so I have a plan with mine that I shall not divulge just yet. Later, QD.I have two BMW's. I am currently combining parts from a total (so far) of NINE different models (not just years but models) of BMW's to make one car operational, lol. These staggered wheels are from a Euro 850ci... http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166533

B18C5-EH2
03-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Why do you care so much?

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Do you have a BMW?

I'm not getting wheels for my car because, well....I really can't. My lug pattern hasn't been around for over 20 years. Wheels are very hard to come by and that makes them really expensive when they do. I also want more of an stock look so I have a plan with mine that I shall not divulge just yet. Later, QD.

I guess it's all in how you pull it off...and why you're doing it....

As an example..when one paints their LS wheels to try to imitate a time attack style wheel, you're just biting for the sake of having the look w/out paying for it...

Nemesis
03-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Why do you care so much?

^ probably has painted stockers lol

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 09:44 AM
^^^ no shiit

SixSquared
03-20-2008, 09:45 AM
I think it comes down to the fact that, no matter which way you slice it, time attack style looks good. It looks good on any wheel. So.. people do it to a lot of different wheels. :D

speedminded
03-20-2008, 09:47 AM
I guess it's all in how you pull it off...and why you're doing it....

As an example..when one paints their LS wheels to try to imitate a time attack style wheel, you're just biting for the sake of having the look w/out paying for it...JennB painted her wheels black with the red stripe BEFORE the VOLK Time Attack came out...there were other companies doing it before Volk was anyways. They just have the $$$ to market them then "Time Attack" series became more popular in the US publicizing it even more.

It's when it get overused and everybody does it that makes it old...so on to the next trend. It's a ****ing round piece of metal, there's only so much in the past few hundred years that you can do with it! Maybe i should spray a set of wheels with the krylon textured stone look and take it back a few thousand years, lol.

Nemesis
03-20-2008, 09:48 AM
I think it comes down to the fact that, no matter which way you slice it, time attack style looks good. It looks good on any wheel. So.. people do it to a lot of different wheels. :D

I saw that paint scheme two weeks ago on a Sunfire with steelies. It did not look good.

SixSquared
03-20-2008, 09:49 AM
didn't look good with the car or on the wheels?

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 09:49 AM
JennB painted her wheels black with the red stripe BEFORE the VOLK Time Attack came out...there were other companies doing it before Volk was anyways. They just have the $$$ to market them then "Time Attack" series became more popular in the US publicizing it even more.

BUT..for all the people that may have done it beforehand, there are thousands more that have done it because of.....

and to Phantom...not all wheels look good "time attack" style...

speedminded
03-20-2008, 09:51 AM
BUT..for all the people that may have done it beforehand, there are thousands more that have done it because of.....

and to Phantom...not all wheels look good "time attack" style...added more to my post

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Another example..You guys tell me...hot wheels or hot crap?

kfzemx3
03-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Maybe you should take his advice then if he gets what you’re saying, Do it right? Apparently you don't truly believe in this statement as you cant even type the "right" way.

Besides the fact its annoying and considered yelling in the "digital world" typing in all Caps means you are leaving off the ascenders or descenders. Ascenders and Descenders are what allows us to recognize word shapes, instead of needing to identify each individual letter. This allows us to read at a faster rate. Ascenders are the parts of lowercase letters that rise above the x-height. Examples of letters that have ascenders are l, h, b and f. Descenders go the opposite way; they fall below the baseline. Some letters with descenders are p, q, g and y.

So really you’re telling people to do it right in one aspect but you yourself are doing it wrong in another...

So Yea, Do it Right

B18C5-EH2
03-20-2008, 09:57 AM
^ probably has painted stockers lol

Nice try, but way wrong.

I've got a set of very rare (maybe three sets in this country) Black Racing BR-R 15'' +30 offset wheels on my daily driver Civic wagon:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/B18C5-EH2/Wagovan/Wagovan050.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/B18C5-EH2/Wagovan067.jpg

Do me a favor and even find another pic of these wheels. Black Racing BR-R 3 piece, circa 1988-1992. Good luck.

I also have authentic, and now very rare no longer-being-made Spoon SW388 wheels in 15'' +45 offset - they stopped making this size last year or so:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/B18C5-EH2/EF%20pics%202/Spoon1.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/B18C5-EH2/EF%20pics%202/SpoonBox2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/B18C5-EH2/EF%20pics%202/tom2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/B18C5-EH2/tom1.jpg

They went for $385.00/wheel when brand new (and they're 15'' - forged 8.5lbs), but since they're no longer making them I wonder what they're worth now?

I figured someone would call me out, so I was already prepaired for it. I have wheels that a lot of Honda guys lust after, but I don't let that stuff go to my head, nor do I care if people buy knock-offs, or paint their stock wheels/steeelies whatever.

Like I said who gives a shiet?

Nice try trying to say I've got stock painted wheels though. Even if I did I wouldn't care if you approved...

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Maybe you should take his advice then if he gets what you’re saying, Do it right? Apparently you don't truly believe in this statement as you cant even type the "right" way.

Besides the fact its annoying and considered yelling in the "digital world" typing in all Caps means you are leaving off the ascenders or descenders. Ascenders and Descenders are what allows us to recognize word shapes, instead of needing to identify each individual letter. This allows us to read at a faster rate. Ascenders are the parts of lowercase letters that rise above the x-height. Examples of letters that have ascenders are l, h, b and f. Descenders go the opposite way; they fall below the baseline. Some letters with descenders are p, q, g and y.

So really you’re telling people to do it right in one aspect but you yourself are doing it wrong in another...

So Yea, Do it Right

SO YEA, YOUR RESPONSE HAS ZERO RELEVANCE TO THIS THREAD.
YOU, SIR, ARE A JACKASS AND I WILL CONTINUE TO TYPE IN CAPS FOR AS LONG AS IT AMUSES ME AND MAKES YOU MAD....;)

MistaCee
03-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Ill keep mines polished:goodjob:

Jecht
03-20-2008, 10:06 AM
I don't like the bright colors that some people paint their wheels, but I think if its done right it can be a cheap improvement to the way the car looks. I don't think the time attack look is so bad, but I liked polished wheels better.

This is what I'm going to do to my Miata's wheels. They only weigh 10.6 lbs for each wheel, so there really isn't a reason to upgrade other than to get a wider wheel.

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/5046/paintedstocksl8.jpg

kfzemx3
03-20-2008, 10:06 AM
It does have relevance to the thread, you agreed with "Do it Right" but you aren’t "doing it right" I'm just pointing it out, that and the fact others have mentioned you typing in all caps brings even more relevance to other comments being made in this thread. Jackass or not, don't get offended if someone calls you out, just as your calling people out. Oh and it doesn't make me mad at all, correcting issues like this is actually part of what I do for a living, so this more or less is part of the daily routine.

Nitro
03-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Anything worth having is worth working for IMO....
I understand that people don't have cash to buy shiit straight up sometimes but if you're patient and you stack your money up, you can afford anything you want, if you want it bad enough.

The same thing bothers me when I see people slapping unpainted bodykits on their cars......

troof.....repped ;)

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Nice try, but way wrong.

I've got a set of very rare (maybe three sets in this country) Black Racing BR-R 15'' +30 offset wheels on my daily driver Civic wagon:

. Even if I did I wouldn't care if you approved...

If you don't care for our approval then why'd you feel compelled to
go into some long, drawn out explanation of what wheels you have and their so calleld rarity?:rolleyes:
AND I've yet to see anyone knocking down doors for a JDM copy of a WATANABE wheel....:lmfao:
All you had to do was bypass this thread. BUT, you didn't.:goodjob:

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 10:12 AM
It does have relevance to the thread, you agreed with "Do it Right" but you aren’t "doing it right" I'm just pointing it out, that and the fact others have mentioned you typing in all caps brings even more relevance to other comments being made in this thread. Jackass or not, don't get offended if someone calls you out, just as your calling people out. Oh and it doesn't make me mad at all, correcting issues like this is actually part of what I do for a living, so this more or less is part of the daily routine.

APPARENTLY READING ISN'T PART OF YOUR DAILY GRIND BECAUSE NOWHERE IN THIS THREAD HAVE I STATED THAT TYPING IN CAPS ADDS ANY STRENGTH TO MY ARGUMENT....PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE I'VE SAID THAT.....

AGAIN, HAVE A COKE AND A SMILE, STFU AND BE ON YOUR WAY. THANKS.:goodjob:

Pickleteg
03-20-2008, 10:15 AM
I have wheels on my car that cost more than some people's cars on this site. Great...I have a little money and I like my TE-37s. Big deal. Some people are broke as hell but still love their cars and want to do something THEY like and make them different from everybody else. Others go thousands into debt so a guy online will think their car is hot. I don't like rice any more than the next guy but some "ricey" guy's cars are their life. Some wheels look very tastful painted.

The moral of the story is: Not every one can afford expensive things for their car.

kfzemx3
03-20-2008, 10:17 AM
APPARENTLY READING ISN'T PART OF YOUR DAILY GRIND BECAUSE NOWHERE IN THIS THREAD HAVE I STATED THAT TYPING IN CAPS ADDS ANY STRENGTH TO MY ARGUMENT....PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE I'VE SAID THAT.....

AGAIN, HAVE A COKE AND A SMILE, STFU AND BE ON YOUR WAY. THANKS.:goodjob:

Lol well then the same goes for you then as I never said in any of my statements that Typing in all caps added any strength to your argument... Same for you Please show me where I said that you typing in caps was adding strength to your argument? I didn't So yes I will have a coke and a smile

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 10:18 AM
I have wheels on my car that cost more than some people's cars on this site. Great...I have a little money and I like my TE-37s. Big deal. Some people are broke as hell but still love their cars and want to do something THEY like and make them different from everybody else. Others go thousands into debt so a guy online will think their car is hot. I don't like rice any more than the next guy but some "ricey" guy's cars are their life. Some wheels look very tastful painted.

The moral of the story is: Not every one can afford expensive things for their car.

I understand what you're saying but some of those same ppl you're defending are the ones that paint their wheels half assed, take pics, and can't wait to post them online, to impress people on a forum......

B18C5-EH2
03-20-2008, 10:19 AM
If you don't care for our approval then why'd you feel compelled to
go into some long, drawn out explanation of what wheels you have and their so calleld rarity?:rolleyes:
AND I've yet to see anyone knocking down doors for a JDM copy of a WATANABE wheel....:lmfao:
All you had to do was bypass this thread. BUT, you didn't.:goodjob:

I thought it was funny that someone fell fot the trap by trying to make it look like I had painted wheels which you guys are making fun of.

"Oh he thinks it's pointless to make fun of painted OEM wheels, therefore he MUST have some..."

Really I could give a shiet if you like my cars/wheels. I posted to simply point out how wrong the guy was, not to impress anyone. Again your opinion means nothing to me.

A guy in a BMW feels the need to degrade others with less money who paint OEM wheels. Cool guy. You must be really, really proud.

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 10:23 AM
I thought it was funny that someone fell fot the trap by trying to make it look like I had painted wheels which you guys are making fun of.

"Oh he thinks it's pointless to make fun of painted OEM wheels, therefore he MUST have some..."

Really I could give a shiet if you like my cars/wheels. I posted to simply point out how wrong the guy was, not to impress anyone. Again your opinion means nothing to me.

A guy in a BMW feels the need to degrade others with less money who paint OEM wheels. Cool guy. You must be really, really proud.

No more proud than you were to display your array of "rare" JDM wheels....:lmfao:
I bet you're a pretty cool guy yourself....:goodjob:

B18C5-EH2
03-20-2008, 10:34 AM
No more proud than you were to display your array of "rare" JDM wheels....:lmfao:
I bet you're a pretty cool guy yourself....:goodjob:

I think we're both cool guys, obviously.

:D

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 10:37 AM
I think we're both cool guys, obviously.

LOL..good man...:cheers:

i4_garage
03-20-2008, 11:06 AM
i should paint my ITR wheels white lolx...dumbass

quickdodge®
03-20-2008, 11:08 AM
time attack style looks good.

Lolol. No they don't. Later, QD.

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 11:13 AM
i should paint my ITR wheels white lolx...dumbass

You should also learn how to form complete sentences before you attempt to insult anyone, Mr. Rhodes Scholar.

SLOWLYbtngU
03-20-2008, 11:16 AM
IMO, sometimes what people visualize and want isnt attainable so they create it themselves? Sometimes it isnt about going for a certain style, just more so, doing what you want instead of what others want. I plan on painting my steelies cuz I want to...Plain and simple. People have told me that it will be tacky and it probably will, but it's what I want and what I am going to be riding on. Just like some people thought that my pink wheels were tacky before they were stolen, but I am ordering them again... Because it is what I want that matters.

I mean sure everyone is entitled to their opinions, it jsut depends on whether or not you are the kind of person that can take criticism and not give a damn or if you are the type that goes home and cries as you spray paint remover on their wheels... You feel me?

Dirty Octopus™
03-20-2008, 11:18 AM
well i dont give a damn. i think that's why ive turned haters into fans of the DO™ movement :D

boostedb16
03-20-2008, 11:32 AM
i agree with stuntallday about the wheel painting thing. but the bmw on the first page that wants to paint his wheels, thats fine. certain wheels you can get away with but some you cant. i dont care personally if you paint oem steel wheel's, there not on my car.

Dirty Octopus™
03-20-2008, 11:38 AM
i agree with stuntallday about the wheel painting thing. but the bmw on the first page that wants to paint his wheels, thats fine. certain wheels you can get away with but some you cant. i dont care personally if you paint oem steel wheel's, there not on my car.
see it also depends on the make of the wheel.

the Bimmer for example. those are BBS' if im not mistaken. BBS come painted ALL the time!
LS mesh on the other hand dont.

i see the painting as a low budget useless mod. ive done it many a time with my Fat Fives back in the day. i did it cuz i wanted to but i wasnt going out claiming it was the hottest thing to hit the JDM scene since NAWS. it was... just there. :dunno:

Just_CHill
03-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Well this is a thread that's going to go back and forth. But I guess I'll put in my 2 cents in.

It's easy for someone with money to say, "Save your money and you can get anything you want." Not many people can't save money just because of the situation they may be in (especially the way the economy is crashing.) I personally thinks it's cool when someone paint their rims a different color. It's a creative way of not looking like everyone else.

It's like me saying "I hate status cars (Lexus, Mercedes Benz, BMW, etc) because I think it's a waste of money. If you conserve your money and put it into a cheaper car, you can make it as fast and as reliable as any of them." But I don't, cause every class of people has different thoughts, ways of doing things, and I respect that by not blowing up on a forum saying your ways are wrong, try it my way.

I could be rambling but oh well. That's it for me. Later.

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 11:54 AM

Great minds think alike and I repped you bro....we need to hang out sometime...
I'm getting back into Honda's again....

To DO..I got a project I'm starting on....All I can say for now is that it will involve BYS or Air Walker, Work wheels, Nardi or KEYS!, and a few other details I have yet to figure out...

Dirty Octopus™
03-20-2008, 12:05 PM

To DO..I got a project I'm starting on....All I can say for now is that it will involve BYS or Air Walker, Work wheels, Nardi or KEYS!, and a few other details I have yet to figure out...
damn! :eek: ... you are sooooooo speaking my language! :yumyum:
well my new language. :bump:

i'll never forget my humble beginnings :D

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j261/Knonimous/Picture848copy.jpg

see you gotta start somewhere. :dunno:

what you got? a EG chassis or EK? :crazy:

man im so amped to see this !

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 12:16 PM
I haven't decided whether I'm doing a coupe or a Hatchback but it'll definitely be a 96-00 Civic....

I've already ordered my Work xd-9's in white and I'm thinking about getting a set of polished CR Kai's......that's as far as I've gotten so far...

I'm trying to figure out whether I can justify to myself spending almost 900 bucks on a fiberglass/kevlar front bumper but who knows..I may just go Air Walker.....I REALLY want to do a Kswap but I just don't see myself spending that kind of money on a motor for a car that will not be daily driven...

B18C5-EH2
03-20-2008, 12:19 PM
i see the painting as a low budget useless mod. ive done it many a time with my Fat Fives back in the day. i did it cuz i wanted to but i wasnt going out claiming it was the hottest thing to hit the JDM scene since NAWS. it was... just there. :dunno:

That's the thing though...this didn't start out as a topic for people with painted wheels to brag about them, and subsequently claim how awesomely JDM they are.

I've never ran into someone who painted OEM wheels and stated how awesome, or JDM they were - have you?

SLOWLYbtngU
03-20-2008, 12:19 PM

mira pa'ya eso, ni caso me hace... hmph!

Just_CHill
03-20-2008, 12:21 PM
That's the thing though...this didn't start out as a topic for people with painted wheels to brag about them, and subsequently claim how awesomely JDM they are.

I've never ran into someone who painted OEM wheels and stated how awesome, or JDM they were - have you?

Hmmmmm....... me neither.

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 12:22 PM
mira pa'ya eso, ni caso me hace... hmph!

Oye boricua...cuando vamos a salir?
Yo se que no tienes un novio .............:D

Dirty Octopus™
03-20-2008, 12:26 PM
I haven't decided whether I'm doing a coupe or a Hatchback but it'll definitely be a 96-00 Civic....

I've already ordered my Work xd-9's in white and I'm thinking about getting a set of polished CR Kai's......that's as far as I've gotten so far...

I'm trying to figure out whether I can justify to myself spending almost 900 bucks on a fiberglass/kevlar front bumper but who knows..I may just go Air Walker.....I REALLY want to do a Kswap but I just don't see myself spending that kind of money on a motor for a car that will not be daily driven...
white XD-9's? boooooooooy you need to suck on a lemon! :crazy:
the Kai's are cool too but im not a fan of the dual spoke 5 spoke design wheel thingy thing. :dunno:

yeah i feel you on the motor deal. it would be ideal for the both of us but just not practical. and boy am i ALL about practicality.

As for the Air Walker... i guess for not being a DD it would be somewhat worth it but i'd rather put that money into something such as suspension or interior aesthetics. I've seen many OEM 99-00 frontend cars look way better than the high end front end cars.

SLOWLYbtngU
03-20-2008, 12:28 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

pm'd

Just_CHill
03-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Se parece a esto se volverá un hilo bilingüe. Yo me pregunto si ella tiene a un novio también.

SLOWLYbtngU
03-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Se parece a esto se volverá un hilo bilingüe. Yo me pregunto si ella tiene a un novio también.
:lmfao: LOL!!!!

Dirty Octopus™
03-20-2008, 12:30 PM

ahhh sh¡t son! mira eso
n¡gga speakin' dat sh¡t! :bump:

he KNOW you aint got one Babe :lmfao:

SLOWLYbtngU
03-20-2008, 12:31 PM
:offtopic:

SLOWLYbtngU
03-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Anyways back on topic...What is your opinion then on the people that dont do it to "fit in" but do it more so from an artistic stand point?

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 12:34 PM
white XD-9's? boooooooooy you need to suck on a lemon! :crazy:
the Kai's are cool too but im not a fan of the dual spoke 5 spoke design wheel thingy thing. :dunno:

yeah i feel you on the motor deal. it would be ideal for the both of us but just not practical. and boy am i ALL about practicality.

As for the Air Walker... i guess for not being a DD it would be somewhat worth it but i'd rather put that money into something such as suspension or interior aesthetics. I've seen many OEM 99-00 frontend cars look way better than the high end front end cars.

What...you dont like XD-9's?
and yea, Ima go with either BYS or AW for sure....

Dirty Octopus™
03-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Anyways back on topic...What is your opinion then on the people that dont do it to "fit in" but do it more so from an artistic stand point?
that's me :goodjob:

What...you dont like XD-9's?
and yea, Ima go with either BYS or AW for sure....
Oh no! i LOVE em'!!!
you never heard the Juvenile 400 Degrees album?

i think either Baby Or Mannie Fresh were saying all the names of the members of the "Hot Boyz" followed by a description. like...
"Turk... He Tight"

and i think they got to Wayne or Juvenile and they said

"He need to just suck on a lemon cuz he is off da chain" or something along those lines.

So in short you needing to suck on a lemon is indeed a good thing.

the idea of white XD-9s is sick :D :goodjob:

B18C5-EH2
03-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Okay this is just me playing devil's advocate here, which I've been known to do. I'm not ripping on you, but more asking a question.

So what is the difference, besides having money, from a guy who goes out and buys all name brand stuff such as Back Yard Special, Nardi, etc. etc. - all the stuff that impresses JDM fanboys, and the guy who paints his OEM wheels trying to impress people?

More or less the same thing is going on - someone is building a car in hopes of getting props. One guy has the money to buy the baller "JDM must-have" stuff while the other ends up with knock off stuff or repainted wheels, etc.

In principle it's the same thhing, is it not?

What makes a guy better for spending $1,000.00 on a bumper, and $1,500+ ohn wheels than the next guy that didn't?

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Okay this is just me playing devil's advocate here, which I've been known to do. I'm not ripping on you, but more asking a question.

So what is the difference, besides having money, from a guy who goes out and buys all name brand stuff such as Back Yard Special, Nardi, etc. etc. - all the stuff that impresses JDM fanboys, and the guy who paints his OEM wheels trying to impress people?

More or less the same thing is going on - someone is building a car in hopes of getting props. One guy has the money to buy the baller "JDM must-have" stuff while the other ends up with knock off stuff or repainted wheels, etc.

What makes a guy better for spending $1,000.00 on a bumper, and $1,500+ ohn wheels than the next guy that didn't?

The thing is at the end of the day, no matter whether one admits it or not, part of the reason why one does what one does to their car is for peer spproval and thats an undeniable fact.....

Somewhere in your mind, you do the shiit you do because you want ppl to look at what you've created and be like damn....

Not only that, but I'm also building a car so it can inspire a new breed of car builders in the Southeast..There are a lot of hot cars in this area of the country but not enough and not nearly like in Cali....and then I'm doing it for me bec I enjoy doing what I do..

I think I'm original bec I have yet to personally see a modded Z4...
I took a car that not many ppl my age fuk with and I made it the best I could...

Dirty Octopus™
03-20-2008, 01:08 PM

I don't quite get your question. you started to confuse me in the middle paragraph.

I can tell you from my experience that as a beginner i did things as a beginner and now that i've grown and learned where to put my money i've made many different moves as far as modding my vehicle is concerned. I don't build for others i build for myself. I always have. even when i painted my wheels.

I don't have any more money than i did 2 years ago. well i do but it sorta balances out when you have more responsibilities than before.

I agree with the thread starter on a lot of points but unlike the thread starter i believe that the painting of OEM wheels thing is a phase. if im not mistaken i think there was an argument in the thread about OEM wheels looking better painted as opposed to stock. opinions come with experience. i thought it did. but now i know better.

damn... i think i went Hillary there for a second. oh wells :dunno:

quickdodge®
03-20-2008, 01:14 PM
The thing is at the end of the day, no matter whether one admits it or not, part of the reason why one does what one does to their car is for peer spproval and thats an undeniable fact.....

You're exactly right. If this weren't so, we wouldn't have a thousands new posts a day in this section by people wanting to show that they did something "new" to their cars. Later, QD.

B18C5-EH2
03-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Basically my point is that someone buying crazy expensive JDM parts such as BYS front bumpers, Nardi steering wheels, etc. etc. - all of the "in" JDM stuff isn't any different than the guy buying Rota wheels and Grant GT wheel.

I could get into which parts are unnecessary IMO, and how money could be better spent to make the car faster, stop better, handle better, etc. but that's another story.

imbosile
03-20-2008, 01:21 PM
If people can achieve the look that THEY want by simply painting their wheels, then more power to them. I agree that it's kinda dumb, but in certain situations I don't mind it.

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Basically my point is that someone buying crazy expensive JDM parts such as BYS front bumpers, Nardi steering wheels, etc. etc. - all of the "in" JDM stuff isn't any different than the guy buying Rota wheels and Grant GT wheel.

I could get into which parts are unnecessary IMO, and how money could be better spent to make the car faster, stop better, handle better, etc. but that's another story.

It could also be argued that what is expensive for one person could be relatively cheap for another.....and also, one can always debate on what's necessary and what isn't...Some people spend crazy money on big brake kits and don't have the hp's to justify such an expenditure...

B18C5-EH2
03-20-2008, 01:30 PM
It could also be argued that what is expensive for one person could be relatively cheap for another.....and also, one can always debate on what's necessary and what isn't...Some people spend crazy money on big brake kits and don't have the hp's to justify such an expenditure...

Well that kind of plays into my point:

One could start limitless topics such as this asking:

"What is the point of mod X"

You asking why, or stating how seemingly stupid it is for one to paint his OEM wheels is no different than I or anyone else posting a topic stating how pointless any number of mods is.

Painted wheels, tilted hoods, unpainted carbon fiber, forged racing wheels on a car that will never see any motorsports duty, tow hooks, lexan windows on a street car, big brakes with stock master cylinder, etc. etc. it's all subjective, no?

Trust me the list would be endless since everyone has a different opinion.

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 01:35 PM

You asking why, or stating how seemingly stupid it is for one to paint his OEM wheels is no different than I or anyone else posting a topic stating how pointless any number of mods is.

Painted wheels, tilted hoods, unpainted carbon fiber, forged racing wheels on a car that will never see any motorsports duty, tow hooks, lexan windows on a street car, big brakes with stock master cylinder, etc. etc. it's all subjective, no?

Trust me the list would be endless since everyone has a different opinion.

Youre absolutely right....

Dirty Octopus™
03-20-2008, 01:47 PM

See it all boils down to opinions.

If I want a fresh vehicle i'm gonna do whatever i feel it takes to make it fresh. following my standards of course. i'll go off of my model of fresh not another mans. you can easily name all of these unecessary parts IYO but it may not be unecessary for the person purchasing it.

Like me! :D

i wanna be fresh! i could careless about your going faster. my car stops, accelerates and handles just fine for me.

I just have different priorities. what i do is my own bidness.

think of me like this...

imagine a black man walking up to you saying..

"Yeeeeah dawg. Umma fix up my Honda like diss right here. diss is how i see it.... Umma get da white paints. umma get dem BBS' (blacks like BBS' for some reason) umma be grippin grain. hell dawg i might even go on head and get dem leatha seats. sh¡t gonna be fresh pimpin"

and BAM! i did it. cuz thats the vision that "I" had :D

and you know what? some of ya'll actually happened to like it! :lmfao:

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 01:52 PM
See it all boils down to opinions.

If I want a fresh vehicle i'm gonna do whatever i feel it takes to make it fresh. following my standards of course. i'll go off of my model of fresh not another mans. you can easily name all of these unecessary parts IYO but it may not be unecessary for the person purchasing it.

Like me! :D

i wanna be fresh! i could careless about your going faster. my car stops, accelerates and handles just fine for me.

I just have different priorities. what i do is my own bidness.

think of me like this...

imagine a black man walking up to you saying..

"Yeeeeah dawg. Umma fix up my Honda like diss right here. diss is how i see it.... Umma get da white paints. umma get dem BBS' (blacks like BBS' for some reason) umma be grippin grain. hell dawg i might even go on head and get dem leatha seats. sh¡t gonna be fresh pimpin"

and BAM! i did it. cuz thats the vision that "I" had :D

and you know what? some of ya'll actually happened to like it! :lmfao:

:lmfao: except you wouldn't say the shiit like that....

Yo for real, we need to chill sometime when I get my **** done....or whenever.You're good people's man..and to think..i didn't like you at the beginning of the infamous N word thread...

Kevykev
03-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Arguments over subjective matters are funny!

speedminded
03-20-2008, 01:58 PM

Trust me the list would be endless since everyone has a different opinion.I disagree with some of that, I did everything short of tilting (venting) the hood to make my car run cooler. Wrapped the exhaust, synthetic intake manifold gaskets, etc. If you can lower the temperature any amount with a mod you have a better running and longer lasting engine, period. My engine bay was always 30° cooler than any other Honda...proven by my infared thermometer.

There is no problem with big brakes on a stock master cylinder as long as you know how brakes operate. I had Porsche brakes with 15-20% larger rotors using a 100% stock Honda master cylinder...the exact same setup was run on the track for years with zero issues.

If the pedal is too hard or too soft when the stock master cylinder you can easily modify the length of the shaft going into the master cylinder to fix it. When doing e36 swaps in an e30 you use a e21 brake booster because its smaller allowing the engine to fit...the smaller booster my not be up to par for the larger brakes so the shaft is shortened giving the correct pedal feel...been done hundreds of times.

Unpainted carbon fiber IS for show. It's harder to maintain and clears don't protect it as well as paint does. On the other hand people add pearl and differant metallics to paints to give it a deeper, almost 3D effect...no different that unpainted carbon fiber.

Less weight equals better gas mileage, period. With the way gas prices are increasing weight savings is a big plus.

Dirty Octopus™
03-20-2008, 02:02 PM
:lmfao: except you wouldn't say the shiit like that....

Yo for real, we need to chill sometime when I get my **** done....or whenever.You're good people's man..and to think..i didn't like you at the beginning of the infamous N word thread...
daayuuum! that's right!
lolflz! :lmfao:
Joselyn had to convince you that i'm not that ignorant.

I'm really not. I only try to come off that way on the internet because i think it's funny :D

but yeah bro. im down! whenever. matter of fact for my and the wifes new apartment warming you need to swing by. i'll let you know when it is :goodjob:

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 02:06 PM
daayuuum! that's right!
lolflz! :lmfao:
Joselyn had to convince you that i'm not that ignorant.

I'm really not. I only try to come off that way on the internet because i think it's funny :D

but yeah bro. im down! whenever. matter of fact for my and the wifes new apartment warming you need to swing by. i'll let you know when it is :goodjob:

Word....let me know when & i will try....

I def won't have the car ready til Nopi....
I'm just going to take my time, do it right so I can surprise the fk out of ppl..

speedminded
03-20-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm just going to take my time, do it right so I can surprise the fk out of ppl.. Bingo :tongue:

Dirty Octopus™
03-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Word....let me know when & i will try....

I def won't have the car ready til Nopi....
I'm just going to take my time, do it right so I can surprise the fk out of ppl..
Yessir! :yes:

well.. car or no car it doesnt matter. its just good to be in the company of good people

G.C
03-20-2008, 02:27 PM
If you think it looks good. Then Do it. Dont let all these people on I.A talk you down. Who gives a **** bout "JDM" . Its your Car, you can do w/e you want to it. people have different taste and respect it.

B18C5-EH2
03-20-2008, 02:31 PM
I disagree with some of that, I did everything short of tilting (venting) the hood to make my car run cooler. Wrapped the exhaust, synthetic intake manifold gaskets, etc. If you can lower the temperature any amount with a mod you have a better running and longer lasting engine, period. My engine bay was always 30° cooler than any other Honda...proven by my infared thermometer.

There is no problem with big brakes on a stock master cylinder as long as you know how brakes operate. I had Porsche brakes with 15-20% larger rotors using a 100% stock Honda master cylinder...the exact same setup was run on the track for years with zero issues.

If the pedal is too hard or too soft when the stock master cylinder you can easily modify the length of the shaft going into the master cylinder to fix it. When doing e36 swaps in an e30 you use a e21 brake booster because its smaller allowing the engine to fit...the smaller booster my not be up to par for the larger brakes so the shaft is shortened giving the correct pedal feel...been done hundreds of times.

Unpainted carbon fiber IS for show. It's harder to maintain and clears don't protect it as well as paint does. On the other hand people add pearl and differant metallics to paints to give it a deeper, almost 3D effect...no different that unpainted carbon fiber.

Less weight equals better gas mileage, period. With the way gas prices are increasing weight savings is a big plus.

Hey I wasn't saying I disagree or agree with what I was listing - I was simply posting examples of topics that people can and will debate about all day long on the internet.

atlxpat
03-20-2008, 03:04 PM
lol, you make a thread and state your own opinion, i reply and have my own word on it and you neg. rep me? yeah that makes sense, in your profile it says you're 30, please act like it.

white_rice
03-20-2008, 03:22 PM
what tinting OEM tail lights are rice now! u want me to buy the clear ones!?

BobbyFresco
03-20-2008, 03:33 PM
lol, you make a thread and state your own opinion, i reply and have my own word on it and you neg. rep me? yeah that makes sense, in your profile it says you're 30, please act like it.

and you returned the favor.....Want to whine some more, do we?:gay:

xlilvi3tx
03-20-2008, 04:13 PM
imo i dont have a problem with paintin oem wheel. some wheels just look better in different color but if u are paintin oem wheel and passin it off as jdm wheel then yeh...

SixSquared
03-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Quiero hablar en espanol tambien!

Stunt... let me know if you end up needing any ECU work when you come to swap time... I have a guy who does brilliant work. :D

95alty
03-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Anyone wanna help me paint my m5 OEMS?

EJdm
03-21-2008, 10:13 AM
i think that painting rims doesnt make you have JDM wheel at all...who would think that in the first place...like everyone else had said some oem rims just look better in different color or at least in their eyes...

DinanM3atl
03-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Rattle Can is cheap...

Aftermarket wheels are exponentially more expensive...

Do the math...

Doppelgänger
03-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Sh!t... i have painted several sets of aftermarket wheels lol. As for painting stock wheels.... ummm yeah, i think it looks uber cheap...like purposefully "rocking" steel wheels.

Wurm
03-21-2008, 10:46 AM
why do you even give a **** about what other people do to their car. Stick to worrying about your own POS

BobbyFresco
03-21-2008, 10:49 AM
why do you even give a **** about what other people do to their car. Stick to worrying about your own POS

Repost .....:goodjob:

and lol at you calling MY car a POS...LIRL...:lmfao:

Doppelgänger
03-21-2008, 10:54 AM

Are you directing this at me?

Wurm
03-21-2008, 10:55 AM
but z4 suck just like z3's got one sitting in my driveway. Interior was cheaply done in my opinion

Wurm
03-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Are you directing this at me?
its to anyone bitching about other peoplese rides

dkjohnson04
03-21-2008, 10:57 AM
i like the people that make their cars look like **** with a rattle can!!!!! it makes mine look that much better!! rattle can FTMFL!!!! (unless you actually know what you're doing)

BobbyFresco
03-21-2008, 11:01 AM
I've already stated my position on this subject and quite frankly this issue has been beaten to death...

BUT just for you Wurm, let me put this in a way that even you can understand...

Say for instance you love snowboarding.....
You want to go but you cant afford to the proper equipment.i.e boards, bindings, etc...

So because your want to snowboard outweights your desire to do shiit the right way and save up the money to get the proper equipment, you rig up a contraption with a 2x4 and some work boots.......and so your need to snowboard is satisfied w/out you actually having spent the money to do it the right way.....

Moral of the story: You have to pay to play...If you want to modify your car, then take your time, save your money, and then get what you want as far as mods are concerned....
Not everyone has the money to blow on wheels right away but plenty of ppl save every dime they have to spare to reach their goals....What it all boils down to is having the discipline to work your ass off for what it is you want...
That's with anything in life....:goodjob:

BobbyFresco
03-21-2008, 11:03 AM
but z4 suck just like z3's got one sitting in my driveway. Interior was cheaply done in my opinion

The Z3 and Z4 are light years apart but thank you for playing...:goodjob:

Wurm
03-21-2008, 11:04 AM
I've already stated my position on this subject and quite frankly this issue has been beaten to death...

You want to go but you cant afford to the proper equipment.i.e boards, bindings, etc...

So because your want to snowboard outweights your desire to do shiit the right way and save up the money to get the proper equipment, you rig up a contraption with a 2x4 and some work boots.......and so you're need to snoboard is satisfied w/out you actually having spent the money to do it the right way.....

Moral of the story: You have to pay to play...If you want to modify your car, then take your time, save your money, and then get what you want as far as mods are concerned....
Not everyone has the money to blow on wheels right away but plenty of ppl save every dime they have to spare to reach their goals....What it all boils down to is having the discipline to work your ass off for what it is you want...

I only read the first page of the thread but anyways painting rims and putting bodykits on without painting them is different from risking your life on 2x4's and work boots

Doppelgänger
03-21-2008, 11:08 AM
its to anyone bitching about other peoplese rides

Only those with POS cars are the ones getting offended at being called cheap. It's no different the "rocking" a black hood (glass or primer) on a car that's not black. Defending painted stock wheels is equivalent to pulling hub caps off steel wheels and calling it a "mod".

Doppelgänger
03-21-2008, 11:11 AM

So because your want to snowboard outweights your desire to do shiit the right way and save up the money to get the proper equipment, you rig up a contraption with a 2x4 and some work boots.......and so your need to snowboard is satisfied w/out you actually having spent the money to do it the right way.....

Or it's kinda like wanting a sport bike and all you have is a Katana. So you paint it to look like something else...but it's still clearly not.

BobbyFresco
03-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Or it's kinda like wanting a sport bike and all you have is a Katana. So you paint it to look like something else...but it's still clearly not.

LOL..

Here's the thing...I'm not saying that I don't understand that not everyone has the means to get what they want when they want it.....

What I am saying is that anything worth having is working for. There's no excuse for cheaping out with anything you do in life...if you want it bad enough, save your money, even if it takes you a year or however long...I know I would get more satisfaction from having worked my ass off to achieve a goal than to have taken the easy way out and done things half assed...

This is a big part of what's wrong with the current generation.

greasemunkey
03-21-2008, 11:51 AM
This is a good thing, it makes those who do have rare one's look that much better

B18C5-EH2
03-21-2008, 12:36 PM
LOL..

Here's the thing...I'm not saying that I don't understand that not everyone has the means to get what they want when they want it.....

What I am saying is that anything worth having is working for. There's no excuse for cheaping out with anything you do in life...if you want it bad enough, save your money, even if it takes you a year or however long...I know I would get more satisfaction from having worked my ass off to achieve a goal than to have taken the easy way out and done things half assed...

This is assuming that everyone with painted OE wheels wants fully forged racing wheels or any certain style "authentic" wheel, which believe it or not is not always the case.

I've got an example.

I had a daily driver EF hatch that had some 13'' steelies on them with crap tires. I wanted something a little nicer, so I found some badly painted OE Civic HX alloys with the intention of stripping them and repainting them myself.

I did just that and tried a nice Battleship Grey, then matte black.

In my case I had no desire for anything more than some light weight, cheap OE wheels. The paint that came on them was horrible, so I stripped and redid them. I wasn't trying to emulate any particular wheels, and I didn't think they were hot ****, or JDM, etc.

I'm just saying that some people want to change the look of their cars without spending any real money.

I guess the difference is that I have empathy for people who do budget-minded "mods." I'm not saying I'd do them myself or agree with them, but I understand where they're coming from.

boostedb16
03-21-2008, 03:55 PM
mira pa'ya eso, ni caso me hace... hmph!anfiaciqncqhcqincqincqihfhQICQ. SORRY THATS THe BEST I CAN DO LOL. BTW WHAT DID YOU SAY?

SLOWLYbtngU
03-22-2008, 12:15 AM
anfiaciqncqhcqincqincqihfhQICQ. SORRY THATS THe BEST I CAN DO LOL. BTW WHAT DID YOU SAY?
in Puerto Rican :lmao: I said, "Look at that, he doesnt even pay me attention. hmph!"

atlxpat
03-22-2008, 12:25 AM
LOL..

Not trying to start something, but why do you care what others do to their cars? I mean why do all those ricers on buford highway put all those accessories on their cars? i dont like it but i'm not going to go out of my way to call them out.

iNsTuN nOoDoH
03-22-2008, 01:42 AM
I painted my mom's 95 Altima hub caps Time Attack style.

David88vert
03-22-2008, 06:33 AM
StuntallDay, are you upset just because Mike chose to paint the wheels on the xB green? Get over it , that was months ago.... :-p

speedminded
03-22-2008, 09:11 AM
LOL..

This is a big part of what's wrong with the current generation.So you just described the hundreds of thousands of sets of Rota's that are on the streets of America.

Sol-Badguy
03-22-2008, 09:51 AM
So you just described the hundreds of thousands of sets of Rota's that are on the streets of America.
..ouch

hondachik
03-22-2008, 10:06 AM
I agree that it does irk me to see people riding around in cars that look like crap, but on the flip side of that, not everyone has the money to be able to afford a daily driver and keep a show/mod car.

rent, car insurance, car note, and regular maintenance owns me =(

reps

BobbyFresco
03-22-2008, 06:33 PM
StuntallDay, are you upset just because Mike chose to paint the wheels on the xB green? Get over it , that was months ago.... :-p

....those weren't stock wheels though...LOLOLOLOLOLOL

How's the stang holding up?

David88vert
03-22-2008, 09:21 PM
....those weren't stock wheels though...LOLOLOLOLOLOL

How's the stang holding up?

It's fine. Just changed the rear suspension back to stock.

dickdragon
03-22-2008, 10:07 PM
yeah, it's sux that most ppl are cheap these days, prolly due to our economy! it's forced me to sell my volks to one of my bros for cheap, but if anything i was helping him out or visa versa.
but regardless of your bankroll, it's how you carry yourself. if you wanna look cheap, then i'm sorry to say that most other ppl will think that your cheap! if that wasn't your intension then try harder next time.
please don't misunderstand my statement. unfortunatley "judging a book by it's cover" is within all of us. if it wasn't then it would be one of those "very rare diseases", which i highly doubt that it is.

iNsTuN nOoDoH
03-23-2008, 12:58 AM
rent, car insurance, car note, and regular maintenance owns me =(

..and she smell like onion rings

DeeAOne
03-23-2008, 01:01 AM
this kinda reminds me of how people paint their steelie lips also.

S II K
03-23-2008, 11:02 AM
JDM is for ricers...

the end.

DinanM3atl
03-23-2008, 01:27 PM
What a fun thread...

psycho_freke
03-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Just a matter of preference man, don't go all ape **** on us just because some pple like the OEM rims but prefer a diff color

jville95
03-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Some people just claim it as JDM but they do not know the true meaning of JDM.

Totally agree!! :police:

1SICKLEX
03-30-2008, 11:28 PM
People have painted stock wheels forever. I do have to say some take the time to do it ride, sand it etc...while some just get some 88 cents paint and don't even clean the wheel and wash it and it comes out looking pretty bad.

I have no issues with it.