PDA

View Full Version : As If We Cared About Our Country.

DrivenMind
03-19-2008, 09:21 PM
I am posting this in the whoreslounge because I feel it is a topic that very much deserves the attention of anyone on this planet. Please be objective, and critical in the search for truth. People are beginning to protest, but not yet in the numbers we're going to need to if we're going to protect our liberties before it's too late.

Over the past few months, I have been doing much research, hoping to understand the politics, and various beliefs; that currently govern my globally misguided country. Reading a little philosophy I think, helped prime my mind.

I have not up until this past year, truly ever considered myself a very "political" person, because politics as far was I was concerned, was some obscure game, not relative to me or the world I lived in. Now that's a tragic belief if there was one.

The essential underlying flaw most plaguing the poorly educated American youth today; is their apathetic bliss, generated by the detached, and false belief that what we do as a generation doesn't matter; or isn't relative to the world we live in.

My generation has spent our whole lives so sheltered by authority protecting us from fear, and smothered by oppressive fundamentalist religion; that some of us have actually lost sight of the fact, that this really is the world we live in; and that we have a duty, and obligation as equal, and free thinking citizens of this globe, to take notice, and ask questions when we think lives are being wasted in vain.

My generation has forgotten, and almost entirely lost sight of the fact that; once upon a time, our constitution was founded upon the separation of church and state. That a strong faith in organized religion; is not, and should have never been, relative to sincere politics, and peaceful diplomacy.

These insights, coupled with a view of my country, that I as an American, have never seen before, that is to say from the perspective of another civilized, and intellectual nation; have given my life a newfound purpose. I must fight to free my fellow Americans mind, from blind faith in any institution; and I must help my piers understand that violence has never been the answer, and causes enormous human suffering, whether we as Americans are able to empathize with it or not.

I seek peace and truth, and am only willing to go to war with the enslaving ignorance that would try to hide either of them.

Thank you for reminding this American, as to the meaning of true patriotism.

"The notion that a radical is one who hates his country, is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair."

America: Freedom to Facisim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ueE...feature=related

The Power of Nightmares.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAUD...feature=related

Zeitgeist
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...481422995115331

I do not ask you to accept the ideas presents in these videos as fact, but merely consider them as objectively as possible with the mind you were given. There's a lot crooked, coincidental **** going on in our ****ing country without anyone being held accountable in our government; and at the rate things are going we are going to be in very deep ****, very, very soon.

We have to make a stand.

Give me liberty, or give me death.
I must share this information with my people.

thecrazyone
03-19-2008, 09:31 PM
"If people let the Government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as Souls who live under tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

RandomGuy
03-19-2008, 09:31 PM
repost,

btw how u been, bro

AnTi-PooN
03-19-2008, 09:32 PM
wow. terrorize much?

DrivenMind
03-19-2008, 10:31 PM
wow. terrorize much?

yea, I do what I can to terrorize ignorance all the time.

Leadfoot_mf
03-19-2008, 10:49 PM
so whats your point? allthat****.jpeg

TheGodfather
03-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Hahaha, what a waste of typing and space.

All that zeitgeist is more bullsh!t than at a farm.

NevrNufTorq
03-19-2008, 11:25 PM
life is real simple if you've ever worked with a group of 5 year old kids. put em all in a room full of toys and not long after they will all fight over one.

same thing as we get older it's just over land, money, or women. :2cents:

idriveasloweclipse
03-19-2008, 11:37 PM
separation of church and state ftw. Good post Drivenmind.

On_Her_Face
03-20-2008, 01:05 AM
America is going to hell in a handbasket, we have lost our "strive" to keep making more money (as a whole). Look at our National GDP over the past 8 years, it's going down at a slow but steady decline. Then look at the National GDP from the early 80s to the late 90s, it was going up at a steady pace.

My personal opinions on what the country needs to do is change Social Security, Medicare, and medicaid. I'm not sure how to fix Medicare and medicaid, but i do know how to fix Social Security. The way to fix Social Security is to base the payments off of the price index and not a person's income. Another thing is America is not spending enough money on Basic scientic research, because of our National Government's decreasing budget.

America is borrowing 4-6 billion dollars a DAY from China, I would like to know what we are going to do when the Chinese just stop handing us out money.

My question for people is do we keep being "World Police" or pull back and go to basics and fix our domestic problems?

If we back down from being the "World Police" who will take our place? If we don't fix our domestic problems and keep being the "World Police" will America deteriorate from the inside out?

****I know this really does not have much to do with the orginal post, but these are things that i think about when it comes to the status of our Government and Country.*****

Spektrewing386
03-20-2008, 02:10 AM
yes the economy is the biggest issue on my mind and probably on the mind of most americans... but from what i read on creditable news sources, its not the most important issue a certain political leader of ours.

R32Dragon
03-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Commy...

DrivenMind
03-22-2008, 12:56 AM
Yea, I'm a commie.

Zeitgeist might be bull****, but wouldn't it be crazy if a few million Americans could actually look at their world like that. Most of the Americans I know wouldn't, and couldn't even consider the idea that religion, is nothing more than a morality inducing myth.

Malice
03-22-2008, 01:04 AM
Zeitgeist might be bull****, but wouldn't it be crazy if a few million Americans could actually look at their world like that. Most of the Americans I know wouldn't, and couldn't even consider the idea that religion, is nothing more than a morality inducing myth.
i personally don't think zeitgeist is bullsh!t. ive watched it about four times actually haha. ive done some of my own research on it and alot of what it says is true, if americans don't choose to believe it thats on them. but those that refuse to take new knowledge into consideration are morons. religion is nothing more than an ingenious well thought off money making organization.

EssAreTwenTee
03-22-2008, 01:15 AM
i personally don't think zeitgeist is bullsh!t. ive watched it about four times actually haha. ive done some of my own research on it and alot of what it says is true, if americans don't choose to believe it thats on them. but those that refuse to take new knowledge into consideration are morons. religion is nothing more than an ingenious well thought off money making organization.

here I have to disagree. Though I do think of religion as true BS I understand its purpose. Imagine a world with no religion for a moment. People realizing they will live their meager lives then die and thats it. Religion is in place to generally keep the masses from destroying themselves and civilization while they are at it. By giving them a higher set of rules with a reward at the end. Sort of like how you give a dog a treat for not pissing on the rug.

Malice
03-22-2008, 01:25 AM
here I have to disagree. Though I do think of religion as true BS I understand its purpose. Imagine a world with no religion for a moment. People realizing they will live their meager lives then die and thats it. Religion is in place to generally keep the masses from destroying themselves and civilization while they are at it. By giving them a higher set of rules with a reward at the end. Sort of like how you give a dog a treat for not pissing on the rug.
not sure if you misunderstood my post but yea you have a point. ive never once said religion has no true purpose. religion is the one thing which is actually keeping us balanced, in a sense like a seesaw. the only issue i have with it, are the people who take it way too far and the ones who are willing to sacrifice everything they have, just to satisfy the all and mighty.

TheGodfather
03-22-2008, 02:38 AM
Yea, I'm a commie.

Hahaha, the difference is a only a few hundred, if that, feeble minded individuals believe these conspiracy theories.

You my good sir, are one of them.

I award you no reps, and may my God have mercy on your naive soul.

Spektrewing386
03-22-2008, 01:24 PM
ive never seen Zeitgeist, but from the sound of it... it was made by a paranoid sczhiophrenic who went to film school.

and i know a thing or two about paranoid sczhiophrenics, i used to work with a legally diagnosed one at work.