PDA

View Full Version : any Hardcore XXX Metal fans...?

4dmin
03-19-2008, 08:25 AM
I have an extra ticket to Earth Crisis tonight... if your interested post up. it would be a FREE ticket; i prefer someone who knows of Earth Crisis and is a fan. This is their reunion tour w/ Terror, Shai Hulud, & Sworn Enemy :cheers:

masquerade tonight around 8pm

t3ggr
03-19-2008, 08:31 AM
I've went to some terror shows. Pretty awesome.

I'm sure you will find someone, good luck.

Hulud
03-19-2008, 08:31 AM
ill take it, i got friends who dont have tix yet

but what time are you getting there at?

4dmin
03-19-2008, 08:33 AM
hulud give me a ring

Hulud
03-19-2008, 08:34 AM
now?

quickdodgeŽ
03-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Paul wants you to propose to him ASAP! Later, QD.

4dmin
03-19-2008, 08:46 AM
^ well obviously i'm up... now/later whenever i guess... i wanted to see when you are getting down here. i am going to meet a couple friends down here before the show; see if you guys want to meet up for drinks/pizza

Hulud
03-19-2008, 08:47 AM
^ well obviously i'm up... now/later whenever i guess... i wanted to see when you are getting down here. i am going to meet a couple friends down here before the show; see if you guys want to meet up for drinks/pizza
o ok, i just didnt want to call you if you were working or soemthing

4dmin
03-19-2008, 08:51 AM
aight ticket is gone HULUD got it.

quickdodgeŽ
03-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Damn! And EC is my favorite group. I was too busy watching for the outcome of the Paul/Hulud matrimony ceremony. Later, QD.

JennB
03-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Wish I could go. I saw Earth Crisis no less than 5 times in the early 90's. I don't like any of their later stuff anywhere near as much as All Out War though. I still have that on my Ipod.

Hulud
03-19-2008, 08:59 AM
lol

Hulud
03-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Wish I could go. I saw Earth Crisis no less than 5 times in the early 90's. I don't like any of their later stuff anywhere near as much as All Out War though. I still have that on my Ipod.
wow, i had no idea you like them

JennB
03-19-2008, 09:11 AM
I was actually pretty into straight edge hardcore when I was in my mid teens. I was into the general punk and hardcore stuff for years. Just about any band that was making music and touring in the early 90's... I saw live.

Still listen to a good bit of it. Two Fugazi cd's in my cd changer in the car right now as well as Bad Religion's "Suffer".

Haven't been to too many shows lately though. :(

Hulud
03-19-2008, 09:12 AM
shows are fun. i hadnt been to to many last fall but this will be my 3rd in 3 weeks.

JennB
03-19-2008, 09:22 AM
I was lucky to grow up in a smaller city that managed to still have a small venue that every touring band hit up on all of their tours. I was usually there at least twice a week. The club catered to underground punk/hardcore/metal. Too bad it closed years and years ago and is now a preppy bar with really clean bathrooms and sorority girls.

Had to come to Atlanta to see Bad Religion though. They wouldn't fit in our 200 person venue. Then there was that Shelter show in Augusta where the big fight broke out with some bikers.

I miss music. So much of the newer stuff doesn't have the same energy and you can't go see a band for $6 anymore. Then there's that whole job and responsibility thing. :lmfao:

4dmin
03-19-2008, 09:31 AM
^ wow JennB is now my new best friend EC f*cking rules anyone into hardcore in the 90's knows EC is one of the greatest bands ever. i remember seeing them at the buford civic center when i was in 10th grade i think :thinking: (saw hatebreed there too before they signed to victory).... those where the days long before bad hair cuts and girl jeans!

Hulud
03-19-2008, 09:33 AM
yea small venues and cheap shows are the best. i miss the neutron bomb (off decatur st.)

that place was like the size of the bottom area of hell at the masq. minus the back area.

4dmin
03-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Night of justice, knight of justice.
Liberation's crusade's begun. Your laws will have no meaning past the
setting of the sun. Demons feeding off of the innocents' pain.
Generations of oppression - one generation will break this
chain. Emancipation from the hands of the deranged.
Vengeance for the dead, freedom for the enslaved.
From love comes this
hatred. Feel the rage, antagonist of the helpless.
Tormented inside a cage. I refuse to turn my back,
I refuse to shut my eyes.
Steadfast against the deluge of evil of man's devise.
The quest for their freedom won't cease until it's won. Reconcile
your sins or your blood will have to run.
You have no respect for life. Violence you can understand.
You turn to fell the pain.
Retribution, from my hand! You have no respect for life.
Violence you can understand. You turn to fell the pain.
Retribution, from my hand! A bullet for every demon.
Only your blood can cleanse you of your sin. Your actions proved that
you value profit over others lives.
Images of your mutilated victims as I line you in my sight.
The wrath of sanity
unleashed. Justice on Judgement Night.

:guitar:

JennB
03-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Girl jeans would have gotten your ass kicked back in those days. Thank goodness. We were just a bunch of skaters and punks.

Hulud
03-19-2008, 09:37 AM
finally, now when someone yells "firestorm" the band will actually play it LOL

4dmin
03-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Girl jeans would have gotten your ass kicked back in those days. Thank goodness. We were just a bunch of skaters and punks.

:lmfao:ya

4dmin
03-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Firestorm / Forged In The Flames

Street by street. Block by block. Taking it all back.
The youth's immersed in poison--turn the tide
counterattack. Violence against violence, let the roundups begin.
A firestorm to purify the bane that society drowns in. No
mercy, no exceptions, a declaration of total war.
The innocents' defense is the reason it's waged for.
Born addicted, beaten
and neglected. Families torn apart, detroyed and abandoned.
Children sell their bodies, from their high they fall to drown.
Demons crazed by greed cut bystanders down.
A chemically tainted welfare generation.
Abslolute complete moral degeneration.
Born addicted, beaten and neglected.
Families torn apart, detroyed and abandoned.
Children sell their bodies, from their high
they fall to drown. Demons crazed by greed cut bystanders down.
Corrupt politicans, corrupt enforcement, drug lords and
dealers; all must fall. The helpless are crying out.
We have risen to their call. A firestorm to purify.

Forged in the flames of chaos.
Hammered by trials to tempered steel. Convictions, tried and tested,
onto a razor's edge, that's true and real.
Wrought between the hammer and the anvil, strengthened to never break.
The weakness that surrounds is the evil that I forsake.
Never have I taken in vain the sacred vessel of my soul. I am the master
of my faith, my destiny I control. Nobility lies in actions,
corrections where once was wrong. Ascension from evil with a
heart that's true and strong. Through this veil of shadows,
the light of truth is my only guide. A knight unyielding. To the X I'm crucified.

4dmin
03-19-2008, 09:46 AM
tonight is going to rule... actually i'm hoping to see some old XXX friends... most of my old friends are from different then their XXX/Vegan past...

TRUTH TILL DEATH! lol

JennB
I've got Ecocide stuck in my head now. Not that it's a bad thing.

Hulud
mmmm beeeeeer

Hulud
03-19-2008, 09:49 AM
ive heard that the lead singer, karl, is an a s s h o l e

JennB
03-19-2008, 09:54 AM
tonight is going to rule... actually i'm hoping to see some old XXX friends... most of my old friends are from different then their XXX/Vegan past...

TRUTH TILL DEATH! lol

Same here. I don't see people from back then too often since I moved away but every once in a while on a visit back to Columbia, I'll run into someone. In high school, I walked home every day with these two friends of mine who happened to start up a straight edge hardcore band in about out Junior year. I went over there some for their practice and they always played local shows. Anyways, I knew all the guys in the band since we all went to school together for years. A couple of years ago I was home and with some friend's down in the bar disctrict of town. I hear this really drunken "Jeeeeeeeeeeenn" and look over and there is their bassist, chillin on a brick wall, drunk as could be. He just laughs and says "Not doing to good with the straight edge thing these days". We had a good laugh and talked about the good old days. Funny how much we change.

One of the bands I grew up with, Stretch Armstong, seems to be doing okay and is still together. I see their name on something every once in a while and just giggle a little because of how long ago I saw those guys playing in tiny clubs. Their old guitarist ran the best radio show ever in the history of WUSC.

NAIZBST
03-19-2008, 09:57 AM
ive heard that the lead singer, karl, is an a s s h o l e

like you brian....lol j/k

Hulud
03-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Same here. I don't see people from back then too often since I moved away but every once in a while on a visit back to Columbia, I'll run into someone. In high school, I walked home every day with these two friends of mine who happened to start up a straight edge hardcore band in about out Junior year. I went over there some for their practice and they always played local shows. Anyways, I knew all the guys in the band since we all went to school together for years. A couple of years ago I was home and with some friend's down in the bar disctrict of town. I hear this really drunken "Jeeeeeeeeeeenn" and look over and there is their bassist, chillin on a brick wall, drunk as could be. He just laughs and says "Not doing to good with the straight edge thing these days". We had a good laugh and talked about the good old days. Funny how much we change.

One of the bands I grew up with, Stretch Armstong, seems to be doing okay and is still together. I see their name on something every once in a while and just giggle a little because of how long ago I saw those guys playing in tiny clubs. Their old guitarist ran the best radio show ever in the history of WUSC.
stretch arm strong is awesome (btw its 3 words, unlike the toy lol)

i can listen to their entire discography anytime

Hulud
03-19-2008, 10:55 AM
like you brian....lol j/k
its cause im white huh? lol

JennB
03-19-2008, 11:02 AM
stretch arm strong is awesome (btw its 3 words, unlike the toy lol)

i can listen to their entire discography anytime

I was good friends with one of the member's brother until he moved to Florida. The guys in the band were a few years older than me though and were in college when we were in high school so we didn't hang out with the cool college kids much but went to all the shows. I probably still have some of their old t-shirts in my mom's attic.

Also, I loved the band that three of them were in before Stretch called Strait Up. I have one of the demo tapes at my house somewhere.

Leadfoot_mf
03-19-2008, 11:40 AM
how about under the couch at tech? i loved going to shows there back in the late 90's
the get up kids, avail, hot water music, blacktop cadence.

my really good friend was the singer for act of faith which later became ex members of...

really good times back then.

4dmin
03-19-2008, 01:23 PM
how about under the couch at tech? i loved going to shows there back in the late 90's
the get up kids, avail, hot water music, blacktop cadence.

my really good friend was the singer for act of faith which later became ex members of...

really good times back then.

"STEPPING AWAY ALL THINGS YOU SAY..." LOL ACT OF FAITH... dude we problably saw each other alot then... i went to school w/ the guys from MFR, Dawn of Orion, Portrait, One Way, etc... G'nett represent :lmfao:i still rock my AOF shirt every time and again.

ya back then under the couch, those peoples house down by the zoo, buford civic center, rivershrye club house... those were where it was at. :cheers:

Leadfoot_mf
03-19-2008, 01:36 PM
"STEPPING AWAY ALL THINGS YOU SAY..." LOL ACT OF FAITH... dude we problably saw each other alot then... i went to school w/ the guys from MFR, Dawn of Orion, Portrait, One Way, etc... G'nett represent :lmfao:i still rock my AOF shirt every time and again.

ya back then under the couch, those peoples house down by the zoo, buford civic center, rivershrye club house... those were where it was at. :cheers:
lol bufford civic center i dont even know the names of all the bands i saw there.

Leadfoot_mf
03-19-2008, 01:48 PM
"STEPPING AWAY ALL THINGS YOU SAY..." LOL ACT OF FAITH...
IT ALL STARTED WHEN....

Leadfoot_mf
03-19-2008, 01:55 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=97236901

Hulud
03-20-2008, 01:49 PM

matt fox from shai hulud gave a shout out for dawn of orion.

plus i found it funny that yo uwere screaming in the mic "I AM STRAIGHT EDGE" last night although you had beer all night LOL :cheers:

4dmin
03-20-2008, 03:01 PM
matt fox from shai hulud gave a shout out for dawn of orion.

plus i found it funny that yo uwere screaming in the mic "I AM STRAIGHT EDGE" last night although you had beer all night LOL :cheers:

hell ya man; me and everyone else... i don't think i saw a XXX in sight :lmfao:

XXX is for the under 21; though a good msg just not my thing. but you gotta support EC they are one of the best hardcore acts ever.

dawn of orion? do you even know those guys? i heard him say that. i saw some of the guys from act of faith, mfr, broken there...:cheers:

Hulud
03-20-2008, 03:07 PM

XXX is for the under 21; though a good msg just not my thing. but you gotta support EC they are one of the best hardcore acts ever.

dawn of orion? do you even know those guys? i heard him say that. i saw some of the guys from act of faith, mfr, broken there...:cheers:
true man, it was a great show. my voice is hoarse, so you know it was good.

nah they were before my time LOL

4dmin
03-20-2008, 07:15 PM
^ i toured with Dawn of Orion in HS; they were on tour with Promise No Tomorrow; which is the band that cut their 12" w/ An Acre Lost; who later became Poison the Well ;)

Leadfoot_mf
03-20-2008, 09:41 PM

who ken saluzzi

4dmin
03-20-2008, 10:52 PM
ya ken was up there.

Hulud
03-21-2008, 12:45 AM
^ i toured with Dawn of Orion in HS; they were on tour with Promise No Tomorrow; which is the band that cut their 12" w/ An Acre Lost; who later became Poison the Well ;)
i know who an acre lost turned into :doh: lol

JennB
03-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Thought you guys might like this. I used to grab flyers from most of the shows I went to and this one has stayed with me all these years. They would plaster the front of Rockafellas with them.

From June 22, 1993

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/Jenndawg7/IMG_4346.jpg

I found some from when I saw All, Screeching Weasel and a few of the local college radio benefit shows where a bunch of bands would play. I know there are tons more of these at my mom's house.

JennB
03-24-2008, 07:54 AM
the hardcore thread gets lost on weekends :(

Hulud
03-24-2008, 09:39 AM
yea cause we dont post LOL

but thats sweet as sh*t

JennB
03-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Makes me feel really, really old though lol

Hulud
03-24-2008, 09:58 AM