PDA

View Full Version : need help learning.....

np591
03-18-2008, 06:58 PM
hi i live in the stone mountain area, if there is anybody who lives around here who is really good and experienced at driving stick that can help me learn to drive my rsx type-s....preferably someone who already drives a type-s

EJdm
03-18-2008, 07:18 PM
so you cant drive your own car??? what do you want to learn about driving your car??? drag/auto x???

np591
03-18-2008, 08:19 PM
well, i can drive it from point a to b. just not as good as i feel i shood be driving. i get jerks alot and i need help on launch techniques and i wanna become better at shifting high rpms. basically, i just need some clutch control help

EJdm
03-18-2008, 08:40 PM
just keep driving on small roads so that you can get a better feel of the clutch...then on launching techniques, its kinda scary doing that out on the street with all the cops around maybe take it out to the tracks if possible...dont know if you know but the rsx tranny isnt the best to play around with, it seem to get mess up easily...hope you have a warranty on your car...but from what i've seen and experience the rsx have a rev limit around 5k rpm...my friend launch his at that point...anywase get a better feel of the clutch then when im free we could go out for a drive and see how you do...

np591
03-18-2008, 08:47 PM
yea, i realized the transmission is horrible on the rsx-s after i bought it. kinda sucks. im not sure if it still under warranty but i was told it wasnt? it is a 2003 with 32k miles. i just cant get the hang of a normal launch for just daily city driving

EJdm
03-18-2008, 09:04 PM
32k miles and tranny already having problems...my friends didnt start till like 50k miles, he did do a lot of high rev and raced a lot of people, that was in 2004, he have a 05 type-s...dont launch it normally...drive it normal for the mean time you'll eventually get use to it...launching: set the rpm and just let go of the clutch and gas it..if your rpm drops and stalls you got to rev higher...like i said my friends rev his high...

NAIZBST
03-18-2008, 09:21 PM
:thinking:

GIXXERDK
03-18-2008, 09:27 PM
You should probably really get to know your car before you learn to launch, because it will come naturally.