PDA

View Full Version : I'm fawking homeless.

Sledlude
03-18-2008, 01:01 PM
The couple of folks on here who know me know that I live at the Cotton Mill Lofts in cabbagetown, which got fvcked by that tornado on friday. Long story -->short: My stuff is okay, my car is okay, my pets are okay, i'm okay, but im living out of my car and crashing on friends couches until further notice; which, if you've seen the buildings, who knows when that will be. That junk was scary. It is a miracle that no one was seriously injured. I'm glad to be alive.

My point being, IA, on this glorious tuesday, just be thankful. Everything you have could be gone (including the roof over your head, literally), at a glance. Be thankful for your friends and family, and all your posessions, material or not, it doesn't matter. The moment you start taking $hit for granted is the moment it can all disappear!

Just a thought to encourage folks to keep things in perspective. Post on, whore's lounge.

Love,
Asma ;)

Ran
03-18-2008, 01:02 PM
:werd:

Live every moment like it's your last.

So...who's want to go grab some beer and hookers?

Serious: Glad to hear you're not hurt and that all of your stuff is alright. :cheers:

quickdodgeŽ
03-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Hello my Middle Eastern beauty. When I saw the Lofts on the news the other day, I pointed it out to my wife and told her that's where we had the IA Stun Gun challenge. I didn't tell her what took place after everyone else left. Probably because nothing happened. Not because I didn't want it to, though.

I thought of you when I saw the news of this and didn't have your number on me to call and see if you were cool. Glad to read that you're ok, woman. Later, QD.

RandomGuy
03-18-2008, 01:06 PM
damn it was a nice place you had there too

they can rebuild it, they have the technology

Leisa
03-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Glad you are ok Asma... its terrible what happened.. I hope you will be back home soon :)

chrisdavis
03-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Glad your ok. Insurance isn't covering a temporary place to stay?

AlanŽ
03-18-2008, 06:37 PM
You're absolutely right. The important thing is that your ok and that your not completely starting over.

BTLFED
03-18-2008, 06:42 PM
OMG Asma I had no idea. That is so sad. :(

I'm very glad to hear that you are okay though! I hope they get your home fixed soon! :kiss:

Echonova
03-18-2008, 07:05 PM
My wife and I have a Cal-king bed... Always room for one more.:idb:

The Yousef
03-18-2008, 09:53 PM
The couple of folks on here who know me know that I live at the Cotton Mill Lofts in cabbagetown, which got fvcked by that tornado on friday. Long story -->short: My stuff is okay, my car is okay, my pets are okay, i'm okay, but im living out of my car and crashing on friends couches until further notice; which, if you've seen the buildings, who knows when that will be. That junk was scary. It is a miracle that no one was seriously injured. I'm glad to be alive.

My point being, IA, on this glorious tuesday, just be thankful. Everything you have could be gone (including the roof over your head, literally), at a glance. Be thankful for your friends and family, and all your posessions, material or not, it doesn't matter. The moment you start taking $hit for granted is the moment it can all disappear!

Just a thought to encourage folks to keep things in perspective. Post on, whore's lounge.

Love,
Asma ;)

wow...i'm glad you're okay!

NAIZBST
03-18-2008, 09:57 PM
glad your ok

Revmaynard
03-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Damn, sorry to hear that. I've never met you but it sucks to know how many people were put out by this. I work in the Edgewood Shopping District and drive down Dekalb Avenue on my way home. I didn't even know there was a tornado and it was fifteen after ten. So when I got home and heard the lofts lost four floors or something it freaked me out because I could have hit that tornado without knowing there was even one around.

HvyArms
03-18-2008, 11:01 PM

Love,
Asma ;)

I was thinking about moving to the Cotton Mill, how long have you been there? How do you like it? Asma is a girls name.

quickdodgeŽ
03-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Asma is a girls name.

I guess it's a good thing she's got T&A, huh? Later, QD.

HvyArms
03-19-2008, 12:33 AM
I know a girl named Asma, havent talked to her in a few years. Wonder if this is her.

RandomGuy
03-19-2008, 12:47 AM
I was thinking about moving to the Cotton Mill, how long have you been there? How do you like it? Asma is a girls name.
<insert obvious racial joke here>

too easy

lirl ;)

RutRoe
03-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Glad you're ok...that really sucks. Hopefully you and your pets and your stuff will have another place to stay soon.

I'm sure a bunch of us on IA could help you with furniture and stuff that we don't need anymore...keep us posted on how we can help.

Rut

Sammich
03-19-2008, 09:32 AM
glad you are posting

Nitro
03-19-2008, 09:35 AM
glad you're ok.....keep yur head up babes!!!

Got Milk?
03-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Glad that your pets are okey

And ofcourse, glad that ur okey.

Sledlude
03-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Gah, Thanks guys! Wasn't meant to be a "pity me" post, because I know I'm lucky, lots of others got it worse... but rather meant for some of the assholes that hang around IA- u never know whats gonna happen because next time you call someone out for being ugly or their car being ugly or something like that, you might get a brick upside the head by a rogue tornado. Then who's ugly?

In other news, they still won't let me back in, I'll be one of Atlanta's many homeless for at least another week... and here's the kicker- They're not letting anyone out of their leases. Red Cross will give us a cot to sleep on, but not if you have pets. SUCKS! I feel like I got screwed enough to be homeless, but not screwed enough to get any assistance. What a shytstorm.

Sledlude
03-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Glad your ok. Insurance isn't covering a temporary place to stay?

and no, I am irresponsible so I never purchased renter's insurance. Lesson learned.

chrisdavis
03-19-2008, 07:35 PM
and no, I am irresponsible so I never purchased renter's insurance. Lesson learned.

Oh man that sucks. :(

LQQKITZME
03-19-2008, 08:51 PM
damn man glad your ok...

collins
03-19-2008, 09:20 PM
geez, renters insurance is mandatory at my complex. sorry u didnt have it. glad u're aight tho. stuff can be replaced, ppl cannot