PDA

View Full Version : Keep it low or get it lower....

FasTech
03-17-2008, 03:20 PM
The 89 lude is about to be back on the road, and hopefully I'm about to sell my nova. So I'll have a little car spending money. Well the lude is already pretty low, about :thinking: 2 inch drop, and I saw a cb7 the other night and it was low, I'm talking like 2inchs off the ground. It looked so good, and I think that my lude would look really good like that... Please tell what yall think or something else I should invest in for the lude... Also what are some good lowering springs I should get if I decide to lower it some more....

bandydesign
03-17-2008, 03:22 PM
:ttiwwp:

Lets see the lude man!

EJdm
03-17-2008, 03:31 PM
^^^x2

FasTech
03-17-2008, 03:34 PM
waiting on my friend to get over her with the camera.... have them up in just a little while.......

MC Hammer
03-19-2008, 11:38 PM
what ever you do, dont forget a camber kit.
it will only eat your tires and trust me, it sucks! getting 2 flats at the same time twice.
i guess i shoulda learned the first time.

DC2NR
03-19-2008, 11:45 PM
it will only eat your tires and trust me, it sucks! getting 2 flats at the same time twice.

Not just a camber kit, but also take it in and get it aligned. Toe wear kills.

blackshine007
03-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Camber isn't what eats your tires. It's excessive toe. Camber only contributes to the tire wearing.

I think you would have to be pretty much out of your mind to lower the car any lower than it already is now. Not only is the springs being over compromised but other things in your suspension geometry is totally being thrown off. I know of a member on here (which shall remain nameless) who's upper control arms are resting on the tops of wheel well housing. And it don't handle to save it's life. Another thing is that the camber out real bad on one wheel but the toe is way out and when he accelerates, he has sparks coming from that new tire that he bought because it prematurely worn out.

SandM
03-20-2008, 08:19 PM
slammed is only for looks, because it wont do anything else for ya.

Andy_013
03-21-2008, 01:37 AM
click on some of the links (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150131) I have posted to get a better understanding of how your suspension works.

FriskyWalrus
03-21-2008, 03:44 AM
i say go a little bit lower on the lude