PDA

View Full Version : What is A RICER to you?

ThEGrNGoBLiN
03-17-2008, 06:31 AM
i want ALL opinions, i've been wanting to have this discussion for a LONG time.
what is the real definition of a ricer? why is that considered a ricer? everyone is encouraged to participate in this thread :D

to me, a ricer is putting non functioning things on their car like, a wing from autozone that is 2 inches high. but many people are mislead by that, put that autozone wing vs an apr wing. the apr wing is fully functional but most people say "oh thats a ricer" and i ask them, why is that car rice if the car is a touge or circut car and thats what the car is built to do? and they give some weaksauce explantion like "its a big wing blah blah blah" and a bodykit, many many many people say when they see a car with a bodykit, "haha thats a ricer" well IMO an unpainted bodykit with different screws and blah blah blah is a ricer. BUT an integra with perhaps a bomex kit painted to match the car is NOT a ricer. simply the fact that the bomex is proven to be functional on a dc i know for a fact. so help me out and let me hear your opinions

yogi08
03-17-2008, 06:34 AM
ricer is not just a big wing on a car... but stupidity. when they say they have a supercharger and point to their altenator.
and hood scoops, that do nothing
or weird body kits
a CAR is rice and the owner is a RICER

redrumracer
03-17-2008, 06:37 AM
a ricer is a way a person acts and carries themselves. they dont have pride or self confidence and tend to do things half-ass. they dont do things to please them they do it to try and please others, then when people disagree or dont like what they did(mostly because they half-assed it and it looks like shit) they tend to say they did for themselves and dont care what people think. also they dont have respect for others. thats only a few of the things but i have to go to school

quickdodge®
03-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Just wait until the NEW IA comes up. Later, QD.

BKgen®
03-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Maniac.

Ran
03-17-2008, 08:08 AM
Anyone that would dare deface a Ferrari and turn it into a limo! People of such evil should be sued for every penny!

blackboi50
03-17-2008, 08:31 AM
plain and simple a ricer is a person who "attempts" to mod a car but fails in the making.........end of story :D......1

Ruiner
03-17-2008, 08:35 AM
1. Fake badges
2. Unpainted body panels/parts.
3. Giant wings
4. Fat can exhausts (they don't really help ya know)
5. Trying to mod a FWD car....hahahhaha.
6. ****ty decals/stickers all over the car.
7. Any other mods that are only there for show

Alan®
03-17-2008, 11:57 AM
repost

Sammich
03-17-2008, 11:59 AM
repost

REPORT TO MY THREAD OF MY TRUCK OR DIAF N00B

PS a ricer is anyone who ask what a ricer is to you

Alan®
03-17-2008, 12:04 PM
lol posted man sorry.

Sammich
03-17-2008, 12:06 PM
kthxbye :D

ThEGrNGoBLiN
03-18-2008, 11:19 PM
hey **** you and have a nice day

Got Milk?
03-18-2008, 11:24 PM
1. Fake badges:goodjob:
2. Unpainted body panels/parts.:goodjob:
3. Giant wings:goodjob:
4. Fat can exhausts (they don't really help ya know):thinking:
5. Trying to mod a FWD car....hahahhaha.:2up:
6. ****ty decals/stickers all over the car.:goodjob:
7. Any other mods that are only there for show:goodjob:

:cheers:

Echonova
03-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Someone who doesn't try the search engine first...

TheGodfather
03-18-2008, 11:42 PM
sogoodm3 is the definitive ricer.

VooDooXII
03-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Most Houstonians...from what I've seen.

j0nbunklah0m
03-18-2008, 11:46 PM

how is that a ricer?

sogood
03-18-2008, 11:46 PM
sogoodm3 is the definitive ricer.

:lmao:

The brown stains on your bumper from your awesome test piped exhaust say differently.

7. Any other mods that are only there for show

Depends on the mods, I guess. As simply saying any mod that's done for show/looks is rice doesn't make much sense.

VooDooXII
03-18-2008, 11:48 PM
I see it more as a mentality than a car thing.

TheGodfather
03-18-2008, 11:48 PM

The brown stains on your bumper above your muffler say differently.

The race flags on your non race car say otherwise.

:jerkit:

sogood
03-18-2008, 11:53 PM
The race flags on your non race car say otherwise.

:jerkit:

You're on a roll tonight, definitely not the same material or anything... :rolleyes:

How're those LTW pullies working for ya'? I would ask about the CAI, also, but it already blew one engine of yours :chuckles:

TheGodfather
03-18-2008, 11:56 PM
You're on a roll tonight, definitely not the same material or anything... :rolleyes:

How're those LTW pullies working for ya'? I would ask about the CAI, also, but it already blew one engine of yours :chuckles:

And your material was new? Right, because you haven't said that a thousand times. Moron.

I'd say your race flags and might tight muffler are amazing, and the most anti-rice thing you could do. Not to mention painting wheels black with a red lip. OMG COOL!

:gay:

sogood
03-18-2008, 11:57 PM
And your material was new? Right, because you haven't said that a thousand times. Moron.

I'd say your race flags and might tight muffler are amazing, and the most anti-rice thing you could do. Not to mention painting wheels black with a red lip. OMG COOL!

:gay:

:lmfao: :cheers:

Since I painted them and don't have another set of wheels waiting to go on. They're silver, btw, just for j00.

As if having wheels with the wrong offset and tires that're so fat and tall you can't even turn right is any better :rolleyes:

TheGodfather
03-19-2008, 12:00 AM
:lmfao: :cheers:

Since I painted them... Like having wheels with the wrong offset and tires that're so fat and tall you can't even turn right is any better :rolleyes:

Right because I intentionally did that and love the look. Yeah, that is rice.

:thinking:

sogood
03-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Right because I intentionally did that and love the look. Yeah, that is rice.

:thinking:

Don't front, you know you love the look, it matches the rest of your hooptieautomaticslutridemobile oh so well! :goodjob:

TheGodfather
03-19-2008, 12:05 AM
Don't front, you know you love the look, it matches the rest of your hooptieautomaticslutridemobile oh so well! :goodjob:

So what, at least I don't have epic-fail stock headlights gay boy.

sogood
03-19-2008, 12:12 AM
So what, at least I don't have epic-fail stock headlights gay boy.

You're right, mis aimed bug eyed projector retrofits with semi melted housings are wayyy better :rolleyes: :lmfao:

VooDooXII
03-19-2008, 12:16 AM
This thread is bringin' lulz.

TheGodfather
03-19-2008, 12:17 AM
You're right, mis aimed bug eyed projector retrofits with semi melted housings are wayyy better :rolleyes: :lmfao:

Good one bro, because I did that and left it like that.

Get your facts straight moron.

:doh:

sogood
03-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Good one bro, because I did that and left it like that.

Get your facts straight moron.

:doh:

... Wait, you actually did though... :lmao:

TheGodfather
03-19-2008, 12:20 AM
... Wait, you actually did though... :lmao:

No, I really didn't. Nice try though.

Bastard.

sogood
03-19-2008, 12:23 AM
No, I really didn't. Nice try though.

Bastard.

:thinking: Then why are the housings melted and the projectors aimed in the trees...?

Sounds like I'm right, no?

TheGodfather
03-19-2008, 12:25 AM
:thinking: Then why are the housings melted and the projectors aimed in the trees...?

Sounds like I'm right, no?

Only thing I did was overcook the one headlight.

Everything else was the guy helping. You aren't the brightest eh?

sogood
03-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Only thing I did was overcook the one headlight.

Everything else was the guy helping. You aren't the brightest eh?

:lmfao: So I was right then...

Blame it on Lenny though, that's whatsup... :gay:

TheGodfather
03-19-2008, 12:27 AM
:lmfao: So I was right then...

No, I didn't have anything to do with how they aim/point dumbass. Just one part that is hard to notice.

You fail again.

sogood
03-19-2008, 12:29 AM
:lmao: This died a while ago, Matt.

LATER SLUT!

tippatone
03-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Anything APC

TheGodfather
03-19-2008, 12:32 AM
:lmao: This died a while ago, Matt.

LATER SLUT!

It could have gotten bigger.

I love you too whore. :idb:

BB1_Luda
03-19-2008, 01:23 AM
lol, IA is great ^^

that made me lewl

chinitoxamor
03-19-2008, 02:44 AM
i saw a S2K with the stock wing and an aftermarket wing on it... thats what i consider riceeeeeeeeeee.. but in other words.. rice doesnt mean aftermarket parts.. its just how you work on your car.. if you make it look like sh.it then its rice... bodykits arent really rice unless it looks rices... you want a car to show its beauty just as the same as your woman.. so make sure you put something sexy on

Got Milk?
03-19-2008, 07:25 AM
i saw a S2K with the stock wing and an aftermarket wing on it... thats what i consider riceeeeeeeeeee.. but in other words.. rice doesnt mean aftermarket parts.. its just how you work on your car.. if you make it look like sh.it then its rice... bodykits arent really rice unless it looks rices... you want a car to show its beauty just as the same as your woman.. so make sure you put something sexy on

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

you sound like a ricer to me.:boobies:

Nemesis
03-19-2008, 07:27 AM
All the "squads" on here.

ThEGrNGoBLiN
03-19-2008, 07:41 AM
lol the "squads"? arent there like a million of them on here?

ThEGrNGoBLiN
03-19-2008, 07:43 AM
so if what he said was true about if the bodykit looks nice and not rice..then would that rsx on your sig consider being rice? to me its not im just saying...it has a kit, different colors, big wing...? get the drift?

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

you sound like a ricer to me.:boobies:

Nemesis
03-19-2008, 07:44 AM
lol the "squads"? arent there like a million of them on here?

:yes:

lol

Got Milk?
03-19-2008, 07:47 AM
so if what he said was true about if the bodykit looks nice and not rice..then would that rsx on your sig consider being rice? to me its not im just saying...it has a kit, different colors, big wing...? get the drift?

That car in my signature is a car thats build for track, and not for street. The body kit is stock, only the front lip is home made.

Ruiner
03-19-2008, 08:04 AM

how is that a ricer?

If you truly want to put down power FWD IS NOT the way to go...RWD preferably; AWD would also count as well. Trying to make a FWD car fast is just failure from the start. I mean, why do it? You can't track it very well as it is FWD (by track I mean REAL racing like Road Atanta). It works "okay", but you would be better with a RWD car.

You'll get torque steer when trying to drag/street race it unless you have a limited slip in the front. Even then, wheel hop and doing FWD burnouts just seems wrong...call me crazy, but once again, you might as well get a RWD car and do it right.

ThEGrNGoBLiN
03-21-2008, 09:54 AM
**** you FWD HONDA 4 LIFE!!! lol anyways back to that rsx...u stated it was a homemade lip.."homemade" is most often considered rice...would it be rice?

Ran
03-21-2008, 10:09 AM
If you truly want to put down power FWD IS NOT the way to go...RWD preferably; AWD would also count as well. Trying to make a FWD car fast is just failure from the start. I mean, why do it? You can't track it very well as it is FWD (by track I mean REAL racing like Road Atanta). It works "okay", but you would be better with a RWD car.

You'll get torque steer when trying to drag/street race it unless you have a limited slip in the front. Even then, wheel hop and doing FWD burnouts just seems wrong...call me crazy, but once again, you might as well get a RWD car and do it right.I can plainly see that FWD is not your drivetrain of choice, but your post doesn't really justify why modding a FWD is rice.

An LSD and good motor-mounts can cure wheel hop without problem.

Despite how "ridiculous" a FWD burnout may appear, in the end it's the same thing as a RWD doing a burnout.

Also, have you checked and seen how many FWD racing groups are out there that do race on tracks like Road Atlanta? They're all over the place and they're just as much fun to watch.

I guess it comes down to opinion, but I don't think it's fair to consider every modded FWD vehicle as rice.

stillaneon
03-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah the FWD thing is a little biased I think. I would love to have an S2K or another 240. The R33 would be awesome too but until I can afford another project car, I think I do ok in my apparently riced out FWD car. I mean its a neon but I play with :ninja: Vettes:ninja: and stuff. I have a wing, two stickers on my spoiler, 2 on my back window and one on my front bumper and front windshield. I am rice. but its faster than a pathfinder;)

Being FWD doesnt mean that your rice. homemade convertible CRX's with PVC rollcages make you rice. 23 foot non functional spoilers (with very few exceptions) are rice. Lambo doors on a primered car at a car show is rice. I have no problems with show cars, but do not show it off until your car is painted....

The RSX in got milks sig is a professional race car. Its ugly but the front spoiler is functional, not homemade but probably shop modified. oh, its faster than a pathfinder too!!:goodjob:

ThEGrNGoBLiN
03-26-2008, 10:14 PM
i agree with you 150% stallaneon...people think because its "homemade" its rice..its functional..its NOT rice. Bodykits that are functional, there NOT rice. a spoiler on top of a spoiler, is NOT functional, and is indeed rice

JITB
03-26-2008, 10:21 PM
if fwd tuning is rice....im guilty..