PDA

View Full Version : Wow its gorgeous!

mushroom_toy
03-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Look at this thing. Damn I want an old beetle...I knwo where one is sitting....hmmm..

http://www.automotiveblogger.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/slammed2.jpg

Athens_Red_Rexin
03-16-2008, 07:56 PM
That is sick! Check these out!
http://i32.tinypic.com/sp7yc2.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/dqszg4.jpg

mushroom_toy
03-16-2008, 07:58 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/dqszg4.jpg

That is pimp.

Kamikaze
03-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Who would of thought that "rust" would be so appealing? :D

Athens_Red_Rexin
03-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Hell yeah dude i have had those pics on my computer for a while I always thought they looked pretty sick!

Captain-Obvious™
03-16-2008, 08:01 PM
damn that **** looks hot!

Mr. Clean
MOAR!!!

mushroom_toy
Yay for more>

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/tholdermark/My%20Bug/PICT1010.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2211000-2211999/2211508_15_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2211000-2211999/2211508_16_full.jpg

Athens_Red_Rexin
03-16-2008, 08:03 PM
^Those are sick! Especially that red one!!!

Jecht
03-16-2008, 08:15 PM
OMG AIRCOOLED NOOBS

I lol'd @ you people

.:Stirfry:.
03-16-2008, 08:15 PM
damn makes me want one:..

mushroom_toy
03-16-2008, 08:18 PM
OMG AIRCOOLED NOOBS

I lol'd @ you people

...ummm ok...i lol'd at you too then.

Jecht
03-16-2008, 08:22 PM
...ummm ok...i lol'd at you too then.

No I'm laughing because you guys are just noticing slammed Beetles... where do you think the trends Honda guys are doing now came from originally?

Mr. Clean
03-16-2008, 08:32 PM
alright jecht... normally your posts are pretty funny but come on... he posted pictures of bad ass slammed beetles... its not like we just found them. we just found some nice ones. i've seen plenty but really nice ones are hard to come by. the car pics section survives because we post cars that are nice... not newly found cars...

we didnt just discover a true imported skyline... but if someone posts one we all think its amazing because we dont see them very often.

PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!!!!!

FasTech
03-16-2008, 08:37 PM
dude, I never thought beetles could look so good...... I've got to get one

killerdx
03-16-2008, 08:42 PM
clean as hell. My friend just picked one up, hes ordering sum new wheels and its gonna be on tha ground.

mushroom_toy
03-16-2008, 08:43 PM
No I'm laughing because you guys are just noticing slammed Beetles... where do you think the trends Honda guys are doing now came from originally?

Lol, no ones just noticing them. I posted that beetle maybe because I found it while browsing and though it was a beautiful car. No one even said anything about the trend or anything about it was cool because it was "slammed."

Where do you think everything come from originally? Hot rods, and many many other influences.

Ill lol at you for coming into a thread assuming no one knows anything.

DeeAOne
03-16-2008, 08:43 PM
i saw a pretty big crew of them going down I-75 a few weekends ago. all slammed and looked good.

Jecht
03-16-2008, 08:44 PM
alright jecht... normally your posts are pretty funny but come on... he posted pictures of bad ass slammed beetles... its not like we just found them. we just found some nice ones. i've seen plenty but really nice ones are hard to come by. the car pics section survives because we post cars that are nice... not newly found cars...

we didnt just discover a true imported skyline... but if someone posts one we all think its amazing because we dont see them very often.

PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!!!!!

You obviously don't get what I said. I meant that the trend of modifying cheap four cylinders or "economy" cars practically started with the Beetle since it was such a common car in its time, much like your little Honda is now. If you don't see nice old Beetles very often, I can guarantee you are not paying attention very well because there are numerous nice Beetles out there still. I bet they wouldn't attract the slightest bit of your attention unless they were sitting on the ground. These pictures are an example of what only a few aircooled owners do, the rest are intelligent enough not to destroy the car like that.

I'm sure you don't even know how much work it is to get a Beetle that low, how much it costs, or how much it affects the handling negatively.

mushroom_toy
03-16-2008, 08:46 PM
You obviously don't get what I said. I meant that the trend of modifying cheap four cylinders or "economy" cars practically started with the Beetle since it was such a common car in its time, much like your little Honda is now. If you don't see nice old Beetles very often, I can guarantee you are not paying attention very well because there are numerous nice Beetles out there still. I bet they wouldn't attract the slightest bit of your attention unless they were sitting on the ground. These pictures are an example of what only a few aircooled owners do, the rest are intelligent enough not to destroy the car like that.

I'm sure you don't even know how much work it is to get a Beetle that low, how much it costs, or how much it affects the handling negatively.

You are an ignorant fanboy, and your taking this waaaay too far. If youre not gonna enjoy the vehicles, or post ABOUT the specific pictures or add to the pictures then just leave.

And Im pretty sure if you have a sammed beatle its not a track car, so who cares about handling.

Jecht
03-16-2008, 09:00 PM
You are an ignorant fanboy, and your taking this waaaay too far. If youre not gonna enjoy the vehicles, or post ABOUT the specific pictures or add to the pictures then just leave.

And Im pretty sure if you have a sammed beatle its not a track car, so who cares about handling.

No, I just get pissed when people see a slammed/rusted Beetle and say they want one. I've grown up around Beetles my entire life, so yes, I am a fanboy. I bet that most of the Honda guys in this thread are only paying attention to the car because it is that low, because A) there isn't anything significant about the car and B) because a good majority of car enthusiasts don't understand how a good number of things work. Modifying your car should be improving your car, not destroying it, which is exactly what lowering a car that much is. Different ideals for different people, but it is still backwards as fuck if you ask me.

If you aren't paying attention to the car because it is slammed, give me a reason as to what you find attractive about that car.

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-16-2008, 09:08 PM

I'm sure you don't even know how much work it is to get a Beetle that low, how much it costs, or how much it affects the handling negatively.LOLOLOLOLOL. One, you're stupid. Two, you're still stupid. Slammin a Beetle wasn't really a thing to do till like 5 or so years ago. The only thing to modify on there was the engine which has been done longer then those 5 years ago. The Honda has been modified WAYYYYY before the Beetle. I really had no problem with you untill you posted stupid ass bullsh1t like that. Pathetic fanboy. And speaking of seeing nice Beetles, no one really cares if the car is stock. It might get a little "That's clean for its age" comment but that's about as far it will go in a conversation. Seeing a rusted ass p.o.s like that Beetle, slammed to the fukin ground, tuckin, is what will go far in a conversation. LOL @ people who modified Beetles started a trend to modify 4 bangers. I'll tell you how the Beetle got to where it's at. VW owners started the whole stick the rims out ON A IMPORT, then get smaller tires AND stretch them, then all of a sudden, VW owners went crazy WITH RUST. Then comes along this owner of VW allready, who probably has those trends mentioned earlier on his VW and says why not throw all of that on this rust bucket. People will drool all over it ! And that's just what we have been doing. Just quit being an ignorant ass fanboy and stfu.

Mr. Clean
03-16-2008, 09:10 PM
BAH! this thread is going to get good... e-drama on the weekend FTW! hahaha

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-16-2008, 09:13 PM
No, I just get pissed when people see a slammed/rusted Beetle and say they want one. I've grown up around Beetles my entire life, so yes, I am a fanboy. I bet that most of the Honda guys in this thread are only paying attention to the car because it is that low, because A) there isn't anything significant about the car and B) because a good majority of car enthusiasts don't understand how a good number of things work. Modifying your car should be improving your car, not destroying it, which is exactly what lowering a car that much is. Different ideals for different people, but it is still backwards as fuck if you ask me.

If you aren't paying attention to the car because it is slammed, give me a reason as to what you find attractive about that car.This whole post brings a word to me, OPINION. You are entitled to whatever the fuk you want about whatever the fuk you want. Modifying = to improve? LOL. There is people out there modifiying there cars to sit so low IN a car show that it would scrape the whole floor. This Beetle is probably only for LOOKS and that's it. Everyone has their own idea of how they want to build a car, whether it's to improve it or not.

Quit whining.

mushroom_toy
03-16-2008, 09:16 PM

If you aren't paying attention to the car because it is slammed, give me a reason as to what you find attractive about that car.

Look at the car, look at the wheels, The arches, the mirrors. It is a piece of aesthetic eye candy. Art at its best. If lowering a car is destroying it they maybe you should take the coilovers off of your vw and drive it around stock. Yes i know you said lowering it "that much" can destroy it. Why do you care then? It seems to be you are trying to be an elite vw purist, when you dont even own a beetle. Its not backwards as fuck at all.

Also I can just about bet most of the slammed vws are driven around a good deal, and Im pretty sure even if the ride is pure shit, they still dont care because they just as much as anyone else enjoy the lifestyle/hobby, and overall their car as a whole.

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Preach on brotha

Mr. Clean
03-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Its not backwards as fuck at all.

your anti-censorship skillz on default skin are remarkable haha

mushroom_toy
03-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Its not hard...but it might be against the rules...but I was just following suite, since jecht did so as well.

Jecht
03-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Wow. I got a paragraph full of insults! Let me break this down.

The only thing to modify on there was the engine which has been done longer then those 5 years ago.
Not true, there are many Beetles with formidable suspension setups that are not slammed.

The Honda has been modified WAYYYYY before the Beetle.
Maybe in Japan, but in the U.S. and Europe, Hondas didn't prosper until the late '70s and the '80s.

Seeing a rusted ass p.o.s like that Beetle, slammed to the fukin ground, tuckin, is what will go far in a conversation.
If you are so worried about how much people talk to you because you modified your car, I feel very sorry for you since you are trying to win in a pointless popularity contest.

LOL @ people who modified Beetles started a trend to modify 4 bangers. I'll tell you how the Beetle got to where it's at. VW owners started the whole stick the rims out ON A IMPORT, then get smaller tires AND stretch them, then all of a sudden, VW owners went crazy WITH RUST.
You are confusing completely different generations of trends. None of that started with Beetles except for rust, but that is only because they ended up rusted after being treated badly for decades and it is expensive to repair. Wide wheels on the rear of a FWD car, smaller tires, and stretching tires all started with watercooled VWs. All have reasons as to why they began, but I really do not feel like explaining them all. If I have to, I will. Most of those trends ended up on old Beetles because of watercooled people going back and buying old VWs and taking their trends with them.

I never said it was fact. Yes, it is opinion. If I see someone who does that to their car, I will voice my opinion to them.

I don't approve of most VW trends. There is a reason you won't see me at VW meets.

Aircooled VWs like these are the kind you will find on VWvortex frequently. The rest of aircooled VW owners that aren't looking to win a stupid popularity contest and are actually enjoying their cars are on http://www.thesamba.com

Jecht
03-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Look at the car, look at the wheels, The arches, the mirrors. It is a piece of aesthetic eye candy. Art at its best. If lowering a car is destroying it they maybe you should take the coilovers off of your vw and drive it around stock. Yes i know you said lowering it "that much" can destroy it. Why do you care then? It seems to be you are trying to be an elite vw purist, when you dont even own a beetle. Its not backwards as fuck at all.

I've owned three old Beetles previously, and I currently own two, so I've owned a total of FIVE. Just because I HAD coilovers on my Mk3 doesn't mean I had it slammed. I had it lowered to the point offered the most benefits, and I tested it multiple times to find the right place. Coilovers were NOT made just to slam your car to the ground. I'm not an ******* VW purist, I'm an ******* car enthusiast that believes slamming your car is just as bad as putting a big erector set wing and "altezza" tail lights on your car.

I respect you if you are truly enjoying the car as a piece of artwork because of the Beetle's natural shape rather than the fact that its rusted and slammed.

santacruz77
03-16-2008, 09:50 PM
OMG AIRCOOLED NOOBS

I lol'd @ you people

lol

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-16-2008, 09:50 PM
I could go ON AND ON AND ON AND ON with this sh1t BUT it aint worth it.

Athens_Red_Rexin
03-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Wow! Can't just enjoy some cool pics!

Thighs
03-16-2008, 10:03 PM
The Honda has been modified WAYYYYY before the Beetle.

LOLOLOL @ THAT STATEMENT. the Beetle was being modified before honda was a respectable car company.

edit: how about some actual USEFUL beetles...?

mushroom_toy
03-16-2008, 10:04 PM
I've owned three old Beetles previously, and I currently own two, so I've owned a total of FIVE. Just because I HAD coilovers on my Mk3 doesn't mean I had it slammed. I had it lowered to the point offered the most benefits, and I tested it multiple times to find the right place. Coilovers were NOT made just to slam your car to the ground. I'm not an ******* VW purist, I'm an ******* car enthusiast that believes slamming your car is just as bad as putting a big erector set wing and "altezza" tail lights on your car.

I respect you if you are truly enjoying the car as a piece of artwork because of the Beetle's natural shape rather than the fact that its rusted and slammed.

Car enthusiasts generally are all about all cars, not just some cars or these and not others. If you truly are a car enthusiast open your mind and look at these cars for what they are. The beetle is a piece of artwork, but the slammage and rust will win in my heart over a prefectly painted example of the car sometimes, and sometimes it will not. Honestly driving your car around on the ground and with tons of rust is a LOT different that throwing altrezzas and a big wing on your car. But all in all a lot of people find it very unatractive as well.

Also judging by the slamming statement, that this is unpractical as well, since it is VERY low to the ground.

http://www.gtspirit.com/uploads/images/ferraritunero004yp2001.jpg

People slam their cars for many reasons, appearance, performance, etc. Many supercar companies have their cars as low as they will go without completely destroying the underside of the car. Their reason is performance, many ratrod/vw/etc, guys slam their cars for appearance. Its not the same, but at the same time it is. Its all about what people like. Just enjoy a car for what it is: a reflection of whoever owns it, and a machine to get you from point a-b, or pleasure, or whatever you use it for.

Jecht
03-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Sigh... this is a pointless argument now and I'm too lazy to continue it. I've made my point and I'll hold it. I normally don't care what people do to their cars, but having grown up around aircooled VWs, it annoys me to see people bring their trend to these cars.

mushroom_toy
03-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Sigh... this is a pointless argument now. I've made my point and I'll hold it. I normally don't care what people do to their cars, but having grown up around aircooled VWs, it annoys me to see people bring their trend to these cars.

Lol. Sure.

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-16-2008, 10:22 PM
LOLOLOL @ THAT STATEMENT. the Beetle was being modified before honda was a respectable car company.

edit: how about some actual USEFUL beetles...?How about you're a fag? Go suck off Mirza in the EF.

mushroom_toy
03-16-2008, 10:27 PM
it annoys me to see people bring their trend to these cars.

That statement shows how close-minded you are. But like you said theres nothing else for either of us to add, weve both give our points, now if anyone wants to they can add their input, but im at work, so im doing some research too.

Alan®
03-16-2008, 10:31 PM
mushroom I completely agreed with you until jecth came back with this

Argument should have ended there.

mushroom_toy
03-16-2008, 10:32 PM
^I do think the beetle is a piece of artwork, but you dont have to have a closed mind about different styles on certain vehicles, or the way a certain individual decides to make his vehickle.

NAIZBST
03-16-2008, 10:36 PM
love old vw's

Lucky.
03-16-2008, 10:39 PM
You guys know you can get one for like $400 in mexico in perfect condition right? lol

mushroom_toy
03-16-2008, 10:41 PM
My uncle has one that I have my eyes on....Its just sitting in his yard. It was my aunt car back in the 70s. :)

1439/2000
03-16-2008, 10:53 PM

Dude, shut the **** up. You overreacted and misunderstood the point of the thread.

scrxils
03-16-2008, 10:58 PM
lol d@mn that thing is hammered

Alan®
03-16-2008, 11:09 PM
^I do think the beetle is a piece of artwork, but you dont have to have a closed mind about different styles on certain vehicles, or the way a certain individual decides to make his vehickle.
I agree reps :goodjob:

manilikecars
03-17-2008, 12:46 AM
Dude, shut the **** up. You overreacted and misunderstood the point of the thread.

Jecht i would have to agree with him on this. yeah you want a clean restored vw. thats cool and all but don't bash because they like them slammed. I have been around vws for a long long time. My dad has had 3 bugs, a van and 2 fastbacks. I can yank a motor out in 30 mins. So yeah, i know my way around an aircooled vw. I like a clean one as much as a slammed one. Its not a race car, its a slow rider. If it was one, it wouldn't be slammed. so here are some pics of all types so everyone can be happy. Just enjoy.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010367.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010373.jpg

Rough ones

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010339.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010366.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010369.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010378.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010380.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010393.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010392.jpg

clean ones

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010389.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010387.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010377.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010344.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010341.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010337.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010336.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010335.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010333.jpg

mushroom_toy
03-17-2008, 12:51 AM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010392.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010344.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010335.jpg

I really like those, but all of em are really nice. i just dont like the converts. as much as the regular ones. that kg is hot though. Ill find the pic i took of one a while back and post it.

mushroom_toy
03-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Check these out, I took these pics waiting for some peeps to show up for a ride down to varsity 2 months ago. Man both of em are sooo sooo clean, but i especially love the kg.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/Meets/DSC06359.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/Meets/DSC06358.jpg

manilikecars
03-17-2008, 01:02 AM
yeah those are clean, the black and white one is my bud toms, his wife bought it for him for his birthday. he has a dropped red cov. that will make you drool.

mushroom_toy
03-17-2008, 01:03 AM
Pimp, yeah I really like the black and white one.

manilikecars
03-17-2008, 01:03 AM
got this one as well

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010385.jpg

mushroom_toy
03-17-2008, 01:05 AM
This is what really got me interested in beetles since I was a kid. Its what made me want one as a kid. :)
http://image.automotive.com/f/miscellaneous/herbie-on-the-lam/1077426+w600+cr1+re0+ar1/herbie-love-bug-volkswagen-beetle-front-rightjpg.jpg Good ol Herbie.

mushroom_toy
03-17-2008, 01:06 AM
got this one as well

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010385.jpg

It is sexy, but I wish it was hardtop.

manilikecars
03-17-2008, 01:23 AM
here are some herbies

old

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010374.jpg

new

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010370.jpg

this one is covered in "mud". its from the herbie movies and it shakes back and forth.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010376.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010375.jpg

mushroom_toy
03-17-2008, 01:29 AM
^That last one is awesome lol.

disrupt
03-17-2008, 03:37 AM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/manilikecars/CAR%20SHOWS/Bug%20Show%202007/P1010366.jpg

that's ****ing amazing.

don't really care for the rusted ones, i don't understand how it can be appealing. the primered ones can look nice though.

cactusEG
03-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Bettels look damn good slamed, I hate it when they put a set of big tires...

santacruz77
03-17-2008, 07:48 AM
Bettels look damn good slamed, I hate it when they put a set of big tires...

why is it bad when people put big tires on them? they make damn good rally cars or race in the class 11 in baja.

J-ROCK
03-17-2008, 08:13 PM
damn those look good! i almost bought one last year!

Lucky.
03-17-2008, 11:54 PM
i luv this thread.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n198/murdaholic/1151695115_f.jpg

heres what you would see down in mexico city:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n198/murdaholic/P0002294.jpg

mushroom_toy
03-17-2008, 11:56 PM
^Kinda makes me wanna go to mexico city....I have been there but I was too young to remember anything important.

BKgen®
03-18-2008, 10:29 AM
that's what i was gonna get before i got the rat.

mushroom_toy
03-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Woot.