PDA

View Full Version : Misc Ab workout...

AtifSajid
08-11-2005, 12:41 PM
I eat whatever comes my way..I have a little pudge not much..I just read that adding weights to your ab workout will increase your muscle strength in that area.

How much ab workout do you all recommend for a nice six pack say within a 1 month period.

I know of some model guys who do atleast 200-500 situps a day, but there abs are solid.

I do like 50-75(3-5 sets). these include inclined crunches, and leg raises.

I do these 3X a week. But on my offdays I might do like 30 crunches.

And like Pharmteg says it all depends on the persons personal characteristics how he/she turns out.

Let me know...

AtifSajid
08-11-2005, 02:40 PM
i read the other ab thread, but wanting to really find out whats the best way to do it within a month?

B16a2 Civic
08-11-2005, 02:42 PM
hmm, we have thsi lil thing at the gym i go that works out your abs...dont kno what its called but im starting to get my six pak back...( at about a 4 pack)...been doin it for maybe 2-3 weeks now...i work out every other day too

chuck
08-11-2005, 04:17 PM
get some of those jumper cable things they sell on the infomercials...

coolZero
08-16-2005, 03:39 PM
it not just working the abs - diet is essential unless you have a ramped up metabolism. I do a varied workout that always includes abs. So if Monday is legs then I do abs too. If Thursday is all upper I do abs again. If just working out gave us abs I would be cut major but it was not until I changed my diet that I coulld see them and it doesn't take much fat intake to hide then.

SwiftGTiRacer
08-17-2005, 12:15 PM
coolZero, is right. diet is 75% good body! people will agree and disagree about adding wieghts to your ab work outs. Some say add wieghts, other say high reps/fast speed. I just do high reps and a moderate speed. I do abs 3 times a week, every other day. I'll do 100 sit ups and some leg lifts. Every now and then i'll do an ab machine in the gym.

Swifty

Killer
09-13-2005, 04:38 PM
so what if changing the diet is not an option.... i just moved out on my own... eating right is hard.... i'm not a big guy and the only area on my body w/any fat to it at all is my lower stomach.... not even fat really it just kinda looks bloaded or somethin... how do u fix it????

C22H19N3O4
09-14-2005, 01:52 AM
so what if changing the diet is not an option.... i just moved out on my own... eating right is hard.... i'm not a big guy and the only area on my body w/any fat to it at all is my lower stomach.... not even fat really it just kinda looks bloaded or somethin... how do u fix it????

I'm sure God can help you out. ;)

SwiftGTiRacer
09-14-2005, 05:46 AM
I'm sure God can help you out. ;)

I heard he can do miracles.

Swifty

Killer
09-14-2005, 10:03 AM
let's keep this on topic boys... :rolleyes: now seriously what are the best ab workouts....

(if you want to bash on me for my beliefs go ahead, but keep it in the designated forums...)

SwiftGTiRacer
09-14-2005, 12:46 PM
there are a ton of ab work outs out there and different people will tell you different things. I'll just let you know what works for me. Just realize diet is 75% good body. But i do 3 sets of 30 sit ups on the incline bench. then i do 1 set until failure elbow to knee on the incline bench. If i'm up for it after that i'll do a few leg lifts but not very much. I do my abs 3 times a week, Tues., Thurs., & Sat. If you have some fat on your stomach then i would suggest some running also. Nothing comes easy. Good luck!!!

Swifty

Killer
09-14-2005, 01:13 PM
thanks.... how bout jumping rope i've heard that's a great exercise to lose fat with?????

AtifSajid
09-21-2005, 03:14 PM
I dont think anything is good for abs unless you eat right. That is the bottom line.

Ive started adding weights to my ab workout and I can see results..but you just have to work double time.

blurred visions
09-22-2005, 01:24 AM
Yea and don't let up, like once you have the abs then dont think that you can stop and ride on them for awhile. Keep it going until your fucking ripped to shit.

GirlieZ
09-25-2005, 08:21 AM
do cardio, like running. Remember it doesnt matter how many situp you do if you still have pudge, no one will see them. ALso take the situps slow...on a one two count. You get more out if it then it you try to bust out a hundred as fast as you can.