PDA

View Full Version : New Running Mate?

Brett
03-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I am trying to find something on it, But a guy here at the office said he heard on news talk radio today (Boortz) that McCain is getting Colin Powell to become is running mate, And if that happens, Obama can say bye bye to the black vote and alot of the white votes to, Id love to see McCain and Powell on the same ticket

amberghini
03-14-2008, 01:33 PM
I heard that this morning somewhere too. I was half awake, so I can't remember where I heard that. I think I heard it on CNN.

Hulud
03-14-2008, 01:34 PM
I am trying to find something on it, But a guy here at the office said he heard on news talk radio today (Boortz) that McCain is getting Colin Powell to become is running mate, And if that happens, Obama can say bye bye to the black vote and alot of the white votes to, Id love to see McCain and Powell on the same ticket
hmmm

Ran
03-14-2008, 01:35 PM
If Colin Powell joins McCain, they'll get my vote in a heartbeat. I'm not much for McCain, but Colin Powell is the sh*t.

Sammich
03-14-2008, 01:36 PM
hmmm

http://users.gsinet.net/jlariv/feces.gif

Brett
03-14-2008, 01:36 PM
^^ Granted he wont get all Obamas votes but there are many blacks who are voting for Obama simply for the reason he is black and not for what he stands for, and Colin Powell has been very well respected and known for many many years and I think that will swing some of the white voters from Obama and also take some of the black vote away as well from him. Powell is a stronger name and a good person to have on your ticket for sure.

Brett
03-14-2008, 01:37 PM
If Colin Powell joins McCain, they'll get my vote in a heartbeat. I'm not much for McCain, but Colin Powell is the sh*t.

See, thats that Im sayin. Many people would vote McCain simply to get Powell into office, The man would be a killer Vice President/President

Hulud
03-14-2008, 01:39 PM
http://users.gsinet.net/jlariv/feces.gif
my thoughts exactly

Hulud
03-14-2008, 01:40 PM
^^ Granted he wont get all Obamas votes but there are many blacks who are voting for Obama simply for the reason he is black and not for what he stands for, and Colin Powell has been very well respected and known for many many years and I think that will swing some of the white voters from Obama and also take some of the black vote away as well from him. Powell is a stronger name and a good person to have on your ticket for sure.
how is colin powell gonna pull any black votes?

he was drafted by the white race :goodjob:

Brett
03-14-2008, 01:41 PM
lol, We may have him in the White Delegation but when you add a second black man into the presidential arena, That will have a impact on the first one who though he was going to be the H.N.I.C :lmfao:

Sammich
03-14-2008, 01:47 PM
LMFAO @ HNIC...never thought i'd see that on these boards lol

tony
03-18-2008, 09:39 AM

That is quite a broad assumption, Barack was against the war in Iraq and Colin Powell was a part of the administration that got the ball rolling. Furthermore people like to assume Barack gets the black vote because he is black but it is kind of hard to support Hillary's campaign when she has made statements about blacks over the past few months. That only leaves Barack.. when this campaign started Hillary had more black support than Barack but obviously that has now changed and I guarantee that is due to Hillary's campaign more than Barack's race.

By the way Colin Powell is a Barack supporter (not openly but in many interviews has stated his support and admiration of Obama, not necessarily all of his policies) don't expect this to happen.

1000cckiller
03-18-2008, 10:27 AM
So tony you still believe a lot of people aren't voting for Barrack because of race?

MistaCee
03-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Blacks gave Colin Powell away to the whites during the racial draft long ago

DieselNuts
03-18-2008, 10:39 AM
So, whats the latest news on this?

4dmin
03-18-2008, 10:41 AM
mccain is a toolbag if you vote for him you can guarantee us another sh!tty 4 years :2up:

i like colin powell and i saw an interview w/ him a while back b/c alot of people thought he could be the first president and he express he has no desire to do such.

quickdodgeŽ
03-18-2008, 10:46 AM
So tony you still believe a lot of people aren't voting for Barrack because of race?

I believe it. Later, QD.

1000cckiller
03-18-2008, 10:48 AM
I believe it. Later, QD.you believe they are or they are not?

quickdodgeŽ
03-18-2008, 10:52 AM
They are. Later, QD.

1000cckiller
03-18-2008, 10:54 AM
They are. Later, QD.I am black but I am not voting because of race, I know a bunch of my friends who are though.

DieselNuts
03-18-2008, 10:55 AM
I am black but I am not voting because of race, I know a bunch of my friends who are though.
but you're not fully black... :thinking:

quickdodgeŽ
03-18-2008, 10:57 AM
I am black but I am not voting because of race, I know a bunch of my friends who are though.

And I believe you. Growing up and spending a lot of time in black neighborhoods and families (by choice-lolol), I've heard many a black folk say they basically dream of the day that a black man will run the country. And this is back in the 70s, 80s and such. Some of them said that that could be their reparations and others thought that they would finally get their reparations if a man of color were to be in office. Later, QD.

1000cckiller
03-18-2008, 11:04 AM
And I believe you. Growing up and spending a lot of time in black neighborhoods and families (by choice-lolol), I've heard many a black folk say they basically dream of the day that a black man will run the country. And this is back in the 70s, 80s and such. Some of them said that that could be their reparations and others thought that they would finally get their reparations if a man of color were to be in office. Later, QD.troof

1000cckiller
03-18-2008, 11:05 AM
but you're not fully black... :thinking:lol, that is PBS and My organization.

tony
03-18-2008, 02:05 PM

When Hillary Clinton starts out with 60% of the black vote.. I can safely say a majority are not voting based on race..

Brett
03-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Most of his black votes are from blacks voting for him ONLY because of the color of skin and have no earthly clue to what the man even stands for, just as many whites are voting for the evil devil b*tch Hillary because she is white.

If you think we live in a time where a person wont get votes simply for the color of thier skin you are blaind to how this country still is, sad but true

BB6dohcvtec
03-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Most of his black votes are from blacks voting for him ONLY because of the color of skin and have no earthly clue to what the man even stands for, just as many whites are voting for the evil devil b*tch Hillary because she is white.

If you think we live in a time where a person wont get votes simply for the color of thier skin you are blaind to how this country still is, sad but true

Down South yes this is 95% true, around the rest of the country not entirely. ALOT of whites in the midwest/northeast states voted for obama. Now down south yes many blacks voted for him because yea he's black, its also because this is still the south where many of the older generation blacks still hold some resentment to everything that is white.

oh yea colin powell on the same ticket as McCain yea would be cool to see but its not going to happen. just take a look at why powell left the bush administration and look at a couple position that McCain is really relying on to get elected in office and it will become very clear on why it will not happen.

McCain's running mate will more than likely be a very conservative but prominent governor of some state.

tony
03-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Down South yes this is 95% true, around the rest of the country not entirely. ALOT of whites in the midwest/northeast states voted for obama. Now down south yes many blacks voted for him because yea he's black, its also because this is still the south where many of the older generation blacks still hold some resentment to everything that is white.

oh yea colin powell on the same ticket as McCain yea would be cool to see but its not going to happen. just take a look at why powell left the bush administration and look at a couple position that McCain is really relying on to get elected in office and it will become very clear on why it will not happen.

McCain's running mate will more than likely be a very conservative but prominent governor of some state.

Exactly, I imagine getting 75% of the vote in Idaho didnt have much to do with race.. Or winning Iowa, or Connecticut.. Utah..Minnesota, Colorado, Washington State, Nebraska, North Dakota... you see where I'm going here. He won by HUGE margins in states with extremely small populations of blacks but race has everything to do with him being in the lead...

AlanŽ
03-19-2008, 01:32 PM
As much as I would love to have Colin Powell on any ticket, I doubt this will happen. I also don't think it would have a huge impact as far as stealing votes from any one campaign. As much as I believe that we need another Republican in the white house to see Iraq to the end, I highly doubt it will happen. I think at this point it's almost certian that we will have a Democrat in the White House that will cut and run on Iraq.

Brett
03-19-2008, 01:42 PM
I havent heard anything yet so I assume the story never happened.

Kamikaze
03-19-2008, 02:03 PM
mccain is a toolbag if you vote for him you can guarantee us another sh!tty 4 years :2up:

:yes: