PDA

View Full Version : 240sx idling problems...

DevilEYEaM
03-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I posted a thread a while ago on another forum about this but it never helped me so I've just been dealing with it but I'm tired of doing that so here is the situation:

When I start my 240 cold it idles around 1200RPM. After it heats up it eventually falls back to around 800 which is still high. Also when I disengage the clutch as in to go around a sharp turn or come to a stop the RPM will drop to below 500 and then bounce back to 1200 and then settle to 800 again. Sometimes the RPM will go so low that the car dies but it always starts right up again.
Here is what I've done to try to fix the problem:
New plugs, new wires, new fuel filter, new K&N air filter, z32 N/A fuel pump, Seafoamed vaccuum system, Seafoamed fuel system, newer injectors, cleaned MAF, cleaned IACV, cleaned throttle body, and removed AIV.
What else is there to check or do? I haven't found a vaccuum leak anywhere though the only method I know other than listening is the starter fluid technique and I don't feel like risking fire. I've asked before but never gotten an answer but isn't there a soleniod or valve in the IACV that can go bad?

Anyway, let me know if anybody has a suggestion cuz I'll try anything.

DevilEYEaM
03-17-2008, 03:52 AM
Wow, nobody?

yogi08
03-17-2008, 05:45 AM
go to 240atlanta.com
that site would be much more helpful on 240's than this ****.

DevilEYEaM
03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
240atlanta is very small and there isn't much info on there to begin with but I am a member of 240sxForums.com and they couldn't even help me. I've had a thread on there for months now with no success. I'm also a member of Zilvia.net but same story there.

Eh, maybe I'll give them a try.

Jonathan12uiz
05-07-2008, 04:49 PM
ka? sr? rb? jz? did you check you pcv hose?

chituntang
05-26-2008, 01:17 PM
I posted a thread a while ago on another forum about this but it never helped me so I've just been dealing with it but I'm tired of doing that so here is the situation:

When I start my 240 cold it idles around 1200RPM. After it heats up it eventually falls back to around 800 which is still high. Also when I disengage the clutch as in to go around a sharp turn or come to a stop the RPM will drop to below 500 and then bounce back to 1200 and then settle to 800 again. Sometimes the RPM will go so low that the car dies but it always starts right up again.
Here is what I've done to try to fix the problem:
New plugs, new wires, new fuel filter, new K&N air filter, z32 N/A fuel pump, Seafoamed vaccuum system, Seafoamed fuel system, newer injectors, cleaned MAF, cleaned IACV, cleaned throttle body, and removed AIV.
What else is there to check or do? I haven't found a vaccuum leak anywhere though the only method I know other than listening is the starter fluid technique and I don't feel like risking fire. I've asked before but never gotten an answer but isn't there a soleniod or valve in the IACV that can go bad?

Anyway, let me know if anybody has a suggestion cuz I'll try anything.

I do not see 800rpm at idle is high. When my S14 was still stock, it idled around there. You are ok. If you want to lower the idle, adjust the idler.

240ATL is small, but people over there are helpful.

Jesse