PDA

View Full Version : NASA race this weekend

Thighs
03-13-2008, 06:05 PM
whos gonna be there?

ill be there ALLLL weekend :goodjob:

enduro is tomorrow at 230.

*discuss*

but for now, i need my mexican food fix.

StraightSix
03-13-2008, 06:57 PM
I'll be there all weekend as well. Someone has to run timing and scoring.

With any luck, I'll get on track, too during a couple of DE sessions.

Hey....wait a second....I thought you were a "SCCA guy"?

Thighs
03-13-2008, 10:00 PM
no thats matt. i just like my racing, dont really care who puts it on. both organizations have their pros and cons.

need any help? i want to actually do something this weekend. and i want to get in free. lol

StraightSix
03-14-2008, 06:02 AM
I don't actually know about the help situation. We're pretty much set in T & S, but they might be able to use someone elsewhere. Are you a NASA member already?

If not, no big deal you could join at the track. Before you go in, go to the registration building (the house looking building in the big outside parking area) and talk to them and see if we need anymore workers, or volunteers. Obviously if you're not a NASA member you would have to pay that, but the membership is good for a year and you get a subscription to Grassroots Motorsports magazine, and dues are only $45.00.

Thighs
03-14-2008, 09:34 AM
i know what the registration trailer is haha ive been to RA several times.

if i had 45 bucks id join but im broke. ill ask anyways though.

StraightSix
03-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Well, NASA won't allow you to work if you aren't a member due to insurance issues.

dazn
03-16-2008, 12:06 AM
OPM Autosports is there, but I am not there this time. I have been in Sebring all week with Tindol Motorsports.

atlantamx3
03-16-2008, 12:30 AM
I will be at the Savannah Sizzler at Roebling Road in May for my first HPDE!

w00t!

You guys have some good storms up that way today? Radar showed a few tornadoes pass right over RA.

StraightSix
03-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Dood! The storms yesterday were ridiculous. We had to suspend track operations three times because of the potential for tornadoes. During the first tornado break, we were watching the sky rolling, tumbling, and swirling. The second break brought hail, and the last one had a "OMG, we need to get downstairs now!!" (we were on the third floor of the tower in Timing and Scoring/Race Control). It was pretty nuts.

Today was absolutely gorgeous.

DinanM3atl
03-18-2008, 11:05 AM
I got some good pics :)

I hope to be IN that race next season.