PDA

View Full Version : Someone please help me out!

CraigMW
03-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Whats up everyone! i drive an 00 civic si and here lately i have been having some problems with it! i just replace the plugs, plug wires, and fuel filter but now it sounds like it is kinda skipping when i hold the accelleration at about 1500RPMs and i have no VTEC and in high RPMs it feels like it is struggling to keep gaining speed! i am NO expert at this stuff so i just need some help about telling what it could be! Thanks for all your help!

B18C5-EH2
03-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Is the MIL/Check engine light on? The little yellow light with that says "check" inside of a crude outline of an engine?

CraigMW
03-14-2008, 07:43 PM
yes it is!

B18C5-EH2
03-14-2008, 10:17 PM
First thing you need to do is have the codes scanned.

Auto Zone does free scanning, so take them up on that and just be sure to get the actual code numbers and post them here. Do NOT worry about what Auto Zone says the codes actually mean, because half the time their descriptions are dead wrong, but their P codes are correct.

I work at a shop that will also scan your codes for free. I'm not soliciting labor or work in any way - simply telling you I could personally scan the code and tell you what would be needed to try and fix the car.

Without scanning the codes properly you could very well throw hundreds of dollars and spend countless hours trying to fix the problem.

Some codes are a 100% slam dunk diagnosis, while others are vague, but at least give you a general area to check for the problem.

PM me for any add'l info if you want a free scan. Again not trying to piss any sponsors off as I'm not trying to solicit business - just trying to help a fellow community member.

Good luck bro!

CraigMW
03-15-2008, 10:44 AM
ok! thanks alot man! i will try to get over to autozone today and post the codes asap! i know you are not tryin to piss anyone off or anything but where is your shop and what is it called? thanks again for the tips bro! ill let your know something as soon as i find out!:goodjob: