PDA

View Full Version : d16z6...oil light flickered...

dumpdaccord
03-13-2008, 02:33 PM
d16z6...94 civic, stock. oil light flcrkered for about 2 seconds....first time its ever done that:thinking:....oil level is slightly above full.....

what does that indicate?

r_Senik
03-13-2008, 02:38 PM
its usually when its low..but other than that i see it all the time...hahha..but i drive everywhere with my car

Formally...
03-13-2008, 02:45 PM
How many miles on the motor. I would say that the oil pump is prob on it's way out. We have a old Z6 here that the oil light came on when the customer was on his way here to drop off the car. It didn't make it. First time I have seen a Honda crank break and it was on a stock motor. My be able to run a little thicker oil but that is only a temp fix.

dumpdaccord
03-13-2008, 05:30 PM
How many miles on the motor. I would say that the oil pump is prob on it's way out. We have a old Z6 here that the oil light came on when the customer was on his way here to drop off the car. It didn't make it. First time I have seen a Honda crank break and it was on a stock motor. My be able to run a little thicker oil but that is only a temp fix.

yea....figured.needed a cosign. damnit.

mitch lab
03-14-2008, 07:12 AM
yup oil pump would be it.

AnthonyF
03-14-2008, 07:33 AM
def get it looked at before you lose a motor, unless u are going to buy a motor anyways. I would save this motor and work it if you are wanting a little bit of power.