PDA

View Full Version : s13 sr into s14

P-town-zenki
03-12-2008, 11:37 PM
i know this has been asked everywhere but i can't seem to find anywhere where it says what needs to be changed around and if anyone knows it'd be greatly appreciated

chituntang
03-25-2008, 11:01 PM
It should be as easy as a S13 to S13 swap. The difference is wiring, intercooler setup, and I think that's it. There are wiring services for S13 sr to S14 chassis as well as an online guide, so you do not have to worry. Intercooler wise, the hotpipe nees a little work (I am talking about a FMIC setup, that's what I did and I know). Both side need a longer 90 degree boot thing, and depends on the brand of the piping, may need extra piping.

Jonathan12uiz
04-06-2008, 08:29 PM
I am close to finishing my Redtop to S14 swap and damn is it a headache. I hope it was worth it.

Send the harness off to get professionally done, the s13 harness to s14 chassis is more complicated than the s13 to s13 harness converion.

your heater core hoses are a b____! also there is a valve on your upper heater core hose that you need to modify so you can keep the valve functioning. It cuts off the flow of coolant to the heater core. I can show you how to set it up. took me a little while to make it work.

you need an s13 fmic kit, which doesnt bolt on directly. i modded mine to fit, but it's slightly angled. i dont want to fab any more to get it 100% straight. also you'll need a longer intercooler pipe coupler on the hot side from your lower ic pipe to your (insert brand name) hotpipe.

Your AC wont work unless you contact codyace @ freshalloy for a bracket kit to use your KA24DE compressor on the SR. $115.00

lemme know if you need help because no matter what forum i posted on for help, no one helped me. i had to just work everything out myself. good thing i went to school for auto tech. LOL!

chituntang
04-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Jonathan, you done yet? If you like to roll up to ATL, you can take a look of my car. I have the same swap, but it is running already.

I am disappointed as the t25 is small though... but now my S14 is a great DD!!!