PDA

View Full Version : Misc What's your religion/beleifs

ruah_23
08-10-2005, 11:42 PM
I am a baby baptized Roman Catholic and my whole familiy are too. We are very traditional..just like the irish.:D

What's urs?

Hulud
08-10-2005, 11:47 PM
i was baptized episcopal but i dont believe in any religion

HyPer50
08-11-2005, 01:56 AM
I'm Christian... my family is southern baptist but I haven't been to a church (aside from weddings/funerals) since I was a little kid. I try and follow the golden rule, and live a somewhat straight life, but I am by no means a saint.. I guess I'm the typical "you dont have to go to church to be a christian" thinker. And no matter what (can't remember who it was... Kilpatty or mycivicjust8u) thinks thats what I am, thats what my mom is, and could careless what other people think.. I believe Christ died for our sins. But to be honest, I've never even once read the bible from cover to cover... So as I said, I'm not a "good" christian, but I do consider myself a christian.

curves
08-11-2005, 02:42 AM
don't believe in anything.

i guess i believe in that.

C22H19N3O4
08-11-2005, 06:29 AM
But are you guys just following in the footsteps of your family? Are you making choices based on what you want and what you believe? I grew up in a "holy roller" family. I was the only one not to be baptized in my family. Why? B/c cartoons were on that morning..lol. J/P. Man the horror stories I can tell about attending services.

MyMomTookMyCivic
08-11-2005, 07:35 AM
i was raised baptist, and growing up, i knew i had a decision to be or belive in whatever i wanted to belive in. i dont quite think it's following in parents footsteps, but everyone has their own choice to make. for me it's staying a baptist because thats the closest to what i belive.

Hulud
08-11-2005, 09:33 AM
But are you guys just following in the footsteps of your family? Are you making choices based on what you want and what you believe? I grew up in a "holy roller" family. I was the only one not to be baptized in my family. Why? B/c cartoons were on that morning..lol. J/P. Man the horror stories I can tell about attending services.
yea i made my own decision, my parents still attend church and all but i choose not to believe

C22H19N3O4
08-11-2005, 09:49 AM
Well, I asked b/c I think we all know people that crumble under parental pressure. Old school parents push religion like a daily dose of vitamins. Religion for some is a huge family institution. I'm not saying whether I believe in a higher power, but who knows how I'll feel as I age. IMO there is tremendous peer pressure when it comes to religious affiliation.

AtifSajid
08-11-2005, 12:35 PM
I was born Muslim and always was taught about Islam, but at about age 22-23 I decided to venture out on my own and learn all religions to see which one seemed most accurate. But it was more than word of mouth. You actually have to learn the religion and figure out what it is really about. Half the world if not more doesnt practice there own religion, but claim so and so. My 2 main religions at the end were Islam and Christianity. So at the end I choose Islam.

ruah_23
08-11-2005, 01:17 PM
But are you guys just following in the footsteps of your family? Are you making choices based on what you want and what you believe?

Yes at some point but as I grow up, my faith gets stronger or stay the same each day. Ifyou want an explaination I rather do it in PM since most people will find it weird in here.;)

C22H19N3O4
08-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Why not just post it? It may get others to think and open up. That's the great thing about open forums....everyone benefits from the posts....except the Whoreslounge :)

Hulud
08-11-2005, 01:40 PM
^agreed

D16Civic
08-11-2005, 09:19 PM
well, i do believe that there is a god, but i dont live my life really following any kind of religion, know wat i mean?
i mean, sometimes i still start doubting my beliefs
I dont go to church, ive never read the bible in my life, my parents decided not to baptize me when i was younger cuz they wanted me to actually grow up and feel it inside myself and want to get baptized on my own, which i must say, hasnt happened yet.

4dmin
08-14-2005, 07:25 PM
i am not religious, i think it is a weakness/need that some people have, i just don't. i'm not knocking you if your religious but i don't think that GOD is something a human can understand.

RiceBoy
08-14-2005, 07:37 PM
I am an evolutionist.

ironchef
08-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Im jewish, but I've never set foot in a temple. I dont really care about religion, I personally think its all a scam and bs to be honest. Also dont believe in god either, atleast until i see for myself physical proof, then i might. But to each their own.

s four t5
08-15-2005, 07:28 AM
Southern Baptist

s four t5
08-15-2005, 07:29 AM
darn it....Cliff again^

PSINXS
08-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Jehovah's Witness although my conduct does not reflect waht a good witness is supposed to be. Sometimes i drink to intoxication( we can drink but not get drunk), and i curse, and have engaged in premarital sex. My parents are really good about it, and i want to be, its just hard to break some habits.

ISAtlanta300
08-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Im jewish, but I've never set foot in a temple. I dont really care about religion, I personally think its all a scam and bs to be honest. Also dont believe in god either, atleast until i see for myself physical proof, then i might. But to each their own.

Look around you... what more of a physical proof do you need? :)

ironchef
08-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Im looking and looking, but nothing. What am i supposed to be seeing?

PSINXS
08-15-2005, 02:10 PM
the earth itself

blacknightteg
08-15-2005, 02:14 PM
i was born and baptised roman catholic, i used to go to church all the time but havent been in a bout 2 years maybe 3

Jimmy B
08-16-2005, 12:40 AM
southern baptist christian :)

cb7
08-16-2005, 04:18 AM
how is it a scam? they don't take your money, its donations, you don't have to give it.

cb7
08-16-2005, 04:31 AM
Im looking and looking, but nothing. What am i supposed to be seeing?
look at a dogwood tree, the four white leaves, they represent the Cross, there are little red spots on the leafs, for the bloodshed by Christ. the green blossum in the middle for the crown of thorns. and the Cross was said to be made of dogwood tree.

EX-Svic
08-21-2005, 01:32 AM
^^ good point on that, .........I was baptised catholic christian and still am i just dont go to church i just dont feel it, and when i go with is rare i want to end up going the next sunday but as the week goes i loose interest. and i get confused and think 2wice about what a religion is and have doubts..........i dunno if its just me who gets like this...........Peace

ahmonrah
08-21-2005, 03:31 AM
what i want and try to do is live life right , with god,allah,buddah, whatever people name the one watching out for all of us. i try to respect everyone first unless they show they arent to be respected. and if that's the case i'll just try to leave them alone. occasionally i'll badger lightly but i'm not perfect. if any of you were to show up at my doorstep and say i'm hungry, i'll give you a plate. if your thirsty, i'll ask you is you want pop, juice, water or alcohol.

Hulud
08-21-2005, 12:41 PM
if your thirsty, i'll ask you is you want pop, juice, water or alcohol.
sweet im thirsty where u live?

ahmonrah
08-21-2005, 02:10 PM
college park what'll ya have ??

ISAtlanta300
08-22-2005, 02:08 PM
I usually get thirsty on Friday afternoon...... can you quench my thirst with some cold brewskies??? LOL