PDA

View Full Version : Porsche RS 60 Spyder Meets 2008

EJ25RUN
03-12-2008, 12:09 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/03/rs60spyder_hires_14_vhi.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/03/rs60spyder_hires_15.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/03/rs60spyder_hires_12.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/03/rs60spyder_hires_13.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/03/rs60spyder_hires_05.jpg

bigasian
03-12-2008, 02:52 PM
nice pics

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EJ25RUN again.
ill get u later

GermanMuscle
03-12-2008, 02:55 PM
nice pics

repped

IndianStig
03-12-2008, 04:39 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeet

Ran
03-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Wow, another Porsche that looks exactly like every other Porsche on the dealer lot. Only this one has a nasty red interior. Yay.

EJ25RUN
03-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Wow, another Porsche that looks exactly like every other Porsche on the dealer lot. Only this one has a nasty red interior. Yay.

Umm.... i'll have to disagree on that one.

Ran
03-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Umm.... i'll have to disagree on that one.Sorry man, but the only Porsches I would even consider getting would be the Cayman or Carrera GT. Everything else aside from the Cayenne (gross) looks just like everything else. I personally have found Porsche's lack of exterior creative design to be rather boring. Performance-wise, I've nothing against them at all. I'm just tired of seeing the same car I've been seeing since 1998 being rehashed with minor bodykits and different badges.

That's just my $.02 though.

hondachik
03-12-2008, 05:02 PM
i like it =)...me gusta =D

batlude
03-12-2008, 05:06 PM
hotnesss x2

Revmaynard
03-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Sorry man, but the only Porsches I would even consider getting would be the Cayman or Carrera GT. Everything else aside from the Cayenne (gross) looks just like everything else. I personally have found Porsche's lack of exterior creative design to be rather boring. Performance-wise, I've nothing against them at all. I'm just tired of seeing the same car I've been seeing since 1998 being rehashed with minor bodykits and different badges.

I add my 2 cents to that. So that's 4 cents of truth. But yea, I pretty much agree with Ran. The only benefit is someone could mistake you for a Boxster and then you'd wax that ass.

EJ25RUN
03-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Sorry man, but the only Porsches I would even consider getting would be the Cayman or Carrera GT. Everything else aside from the Cayenne (gross) looks just like everything else. I personally have found Porsche's lack of exterior creative design to be rather boring. Performance-wise, I've nothing against them at all. I'm just tired of seeing the same car I've been seeing since 1998 being rehashed with minor bodykits and different badges.

I think the 997 was a breath of fresh air. Much better looking car than the 996 and what a 911 is supposed to look like. I feel that if you think the boxter looks just like a 911, then you'll probably have a hard time distinguishing a 356 spyder and a 550 A spyder. Anyways.....Not a fan of the boxter/cayman.....Cayenne looks better with the redesign but still not what i'd have. A 911 though, one day i will have one for sure. Might be a 964, 993, 997, or newer but i will.

That's my 7 cents so i get high bid......I WIN :yes:

Revmaynard
03-12-2008, 05:19 PM
I can tell them a part but the fact they've all looked so similar for like 11 years sucks. It just doesn't have sex appeal as a nice ''sports car'' if you know what I mean. The M3 has had like three body changes or so off the top of my head.

EJ25RUN
03-12-2008, 05:23 PM
I can tell them a part but the fact they've all looked so similar for like 11 years sucks. It just doesn't have sex appeal as a nice ''sports car'' if you know what I mean. The M3 has had like three body changes or so off the top of my head.

The M3 isn't a sport car.....it's a sporty coupe.

Ahh 911 sex appeal, im not gonna get on that topic....i dont associate cars and sex together.

But on the issue of design.....it's more than 11 years actually....if Ferdinand had his way, it would have been 40. Again this comes down to personal opinion, there are those of us that see the 911 as the best sports car ever and the one by which all others are judged, and those that just don't get it.

Revmaynard
03-12-2008, 05:27 PM
The M3 isn't a sport car.....it's a sporty coupe.

Ahh 911 sex appeal, im not gonna get on that topic....i dont associate cars and sex together.

But on the issue of design.....it's more than 11 years actually....is Ferdinand had his way, it would have been 40. Again this comes down to personal opinion, there are those of us that see the 911 as the best sports car ever and the one by which all others are judged, and those that just don't get it.

Haha, I don't mean literal sex, just nice lines. Those lines are just used all to hell, they need something revamped and refreshing. But this is all just off the top of my head. I completely agree the 911 turbo is one of the best performing cars on the market. I don't down their mechanical engineering at all, just exterior styling at this point. Hell, I loved the body style when it was newer, I just don't get excited to see a Porsche anymore because I've ''seen them all before''. I do have a vid of a 911 turbo being beaten in the 1/4 by a GMC ::ninja:: lol.

Revmaynard
03-12-2008, 05:29 PM
"The Porsche 911 (pronounced as nine eleven, neun elver in German) is a sports car made by Porsche AG of Stuttgart, Germany."

"Manufacturer BMW
Production 1986–present
Assembly Regensburg, Germany
Class Compact sport luxury car"

Eh, I think of them both as sports cars either way.

collins
03-12-2008, 05:30 PM
props on the pics, man. they look hot! good find! however....

Cayenne looks better with the redesign

i have to disagree with this part... teh headlights look like they came off the audi r8

NAIZBST
03-12-2008, 05:31 PM
nice

_Christian_
03-12-2008, 05:33 PM

Porsche styling doesn't change drastically because it has been unique and very stylish from the beginning. Porsche has a very strong heritage and doesn't want to stray too far from it. Porsche still uses styling cues from the early days of the 911 for a reason. If they completely changed their design every couple of years it would be like every other car. You can always spot a Porsche out of the crowd, just like a lambo or ferrari. No need to change a winning style. Auto manufacturers change up a style when they can't sell cars, or need to compete with new trends. The 911 will always be classy and in its own league, and those with money and good taste will always buy it.

bandydesign
03-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Who cares give me the old Spyder please!

EJ25RUN
03-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Haha, I don't mean literal sex, just nice lines. Those lines are just used all to hell, they need something revamped and refreshing. But this is all just off the top of my head. I completely agree the 911 turbo is one of the best performing cars on the market. I don't down their mechanical engineering at all, just exterior styling at this point. Hell, I loved the body style when it was newer, I just don't get excited to see a Porsche anymore because I've ''seen them all before''. I do have a vid of a 911 turbo being beaten in the 1/4 by a GMC ::ninja:: lol.

1. Used to hell? Compare the bottom pic.... A series to 997....Porsche motto has always been Evolution, no matter where the industry moves Porsche 911's stay true to tradition.

2. Show me a video of a GMC beating it around Nordschleife and I'll be impressed.

http://dasti.wz.cz/gallery/Porsche911CompleteEvolution.jpg

_Christian_
03-12-2008, 05:44 PM
^i was about to post that pic.

EJ25RUN
03-12-2008, 05:46 PM
^i was about to post that pic.

:cheers: ,

gotta teach these IA noobs a lesson everyday.

man
03-12-2008, 07:11 PM
:cheers: ,

gotta teach these IA noobs a lesson everyday.

WERD,

If you're hatin on Porsche than you obviously have never driven one.

Revmaynard
03-12-2008, 07:48 PM
You're right, never driven a Porsche. Too bad? I've driven alot of other high powered sports cars including a BMW Z8 and two or three AMG model Mercedes.

If you thought I was speaking in terms of them NEVER changing their lines then no, you're wrong. Only the same body style they've been using since what, the late nineties? What does me having driven one have to do with how I think the looks of them are anyways? I've already stated I don't down their mechanical engineering one bit. Wow, either we share the same opinion or mine is wrong I guess. Cool. :goodjob:

81911SC
03-12-2008, 08:04 PM
WERD,

If you're hatin on Porsche than you obviously have never driven one.
Seen it before but this is all I'm going to say. Other then ever sense the 993's Porsche got money hungry and produce fag models like this one.
The 550 is amazing, this not so much.

81911SC
03-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Porsche is different from so many other companies.
You don't see anyone else coming out with 6.7 lb clutches and many other items. They are daily supercars(don't get smart and say the boxter/cayman/cayenne ****) But most are. It's sad to see people ask if they can daily there 997T, that's half the damn point.
Porsche>All
IMHO
**** you if you disagree.
Also Pre 996>996+

Revmaynard
03-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Porsche is different from so many other companies.
You don't see anyone else coming out with 6.7 lb clutches and many other items. They are daily supercars(don't get smart and say the boxter/cayman/cayenne ****) But most are. It's sad to see people ask if they can daily there 997T, that's half the damn point.
Porsche>All
IMHO
**** you if you disagree.
Also Pre 996>996+

I can agree with him. lol

EJ25RUN
03-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Seen it before but this is all I'm going to say. Other then ever sense the 993's Porsche got money hungry and produce fag models like this one.
The 550 is amazing, this not so much.

Part of that 993 push was Wendelin Wiedeking. And lets be realistic, he was one of the main reasons the brand became profitable.

EJ25RUN
03-12-2008, 09:53 PM
I can agree with him. lol

*explain*

VQ35 Star
03-12-2008, 11:15 PM
you must be crazy if you do not like Porsche
I love there design and how they have not changed it too much.
dream car would have to be one of the Porsche.

81911SC
03-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Part of that 993 push was Wendelin Wiedeking. And lets be realistic, he was one of the main reasons the brand became profitable.
Wiedeking has done a great job, I can't deny that. One thing I can and will say is that they have went to a more mass produced market. I didn't like the way the 996's were produced and neither did the masses. The depreciation on those cars was monstrous. Of course companys have to follow new safety and emissions and that had a lot to do with some changes but I still believe they have strayed from their roots, some.

STI101
03-13-2008, 08:03 AM
I would take the old one.

EJ25RUN
03-13-2008, 10:02 AM
I would take the old one.

and you have $850,000 dollars.

pethelizer
03-13-2008, 10:18 AM
beautiful

Codeman1407
03-13-2008, 02:35 PM
gotta love the old porsches, My Friend's dad own Beck Motorsports, A world-known company that makes 550 spyder/lister kit cars. Leno owns like 2 or three..

anyways, nice pics.