PDA

View Full Version : h22 ek , dull but loud vibration

h22ek
03-12-2008, 02:56 AM
(i have searched for weeks on h-t and other places, but nothing so please help)ok i have an h22a in my ek 98 cx, for a while now my car make this dull but loud and harsh vibration(not a clicking at all) when i hit bumps or dips in the road(happens when going straight but only for as long as i hit the bump or dip), and when im turning right over 5-10 mph it happens but the faster i'm going when i turn the more harsh it gets(happens when i turn right even on really smooth road). now i've read that its usually the axles. well i replaced the axles and it is still there. but when ever i'm turning left its fine it has never vibrated while turning left at any speed. also have read it could be: hub bearings, inner/outer tie rods, lower/upper ball joints, alignment.. please help. i just need some info before i spend a lot of money. thanks in advance.

csmiths
03-12-2008, 03:11 AM
i had the same problem with my accord, it could either be something that you said with the suspension, or motor mounts. mine was bad mounts, that is why it was vibrating, but i dont know with the sound it could be something to do with suspension.

b18cEG
03-12-2008, 04:47 AM
jack up the front till the tire not touching the ground and push/pull on the wheel. if it moves back/forth then it's the hub bearing.

h22ek
03-12-2008, 05:12 PM
k thanks, my mounts are brand new, and very surdy, but its a thought, ill try moving the tire.

h22ek
03-12-2008, 07:47 PM
bump

HatchHero
03-12-2008, 08:06 PM
what mounts and axels are using?? how was the wiring on that job? Does your hood close ok? is your car slammed?? what ecu and intake manifold are you using?? umm.... o yeah where is your alternator located??:goodjob::goodjob: thanks bro

h22ek
03-12-2008, 09:31 PM
innovative mounts and innovative axles for a 96-00 civic with an h22, i recheck all of my wiring everything is where it should be , nothing stretched or tangled and no check engine lights( i just got rid of all of them a few weeks ago). my hood closes perfect. my car is not slammed i have about 2 1/2 of wheel gap in the front. p13 spoon chipped(9500 rev limit and no speed limit. vtec is at 5200. intake manifold is the stock one for an h22a. and my alternator is on the top bracket i think where is normally goes, but ive checked all of that and it nor the belt is hitting anything, it does come about an inch from the back of my headlight but its not hitting it i'm sure. thanks for your input.

i am starting the think its my hub bearings or tie rods.

92tegracer07
03-12-2008, 10:14 PM
id say hub bearings...just repalce mine a month ago for the same symptoms....mine cost like 31 bucks at oreilys....had the labor done for 75....but i drive a 94 accord so you could spend more or less....

h22ek
03-13-2008, 03:26 AM
i don't care what the problem is at this point i just want it to be diagnosed correctly so i can fix this ****. i don't even go fast in it right now the vibration just feels bad. and i have to slow down a lot to make a right turn, getting on highways is horrible :(. but hub bearings is what im thinking so far.

h22ek
03-13-2008, 08:30 AM
bump

h22ek
03-25-2008, 07:53 PM
ok i finally got it, i replaced the lower front ball joint and my driver side axle with a custom one from innovative mounts, and the problem is gone, the car is fast and handles great.

FasTech
03-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Good for you............ :cool: