PDA

View Full Version : WTB clutch kit and exhaust.

DevilEYEaM
03-12-2008, 01:41 AM
Here is what I need:

Got an exhaust,
Got clutch on the way,

I need some lowering springs if ya got em.
And if you are just throwing away an open differential let me grab it.

Thanks.

itsnotarex
03-12-2008, 01:44 AM
You can get a custom bent 2-2.5 inch exhaust with your existing muffler (if it's still usable) for probably around 50 dollars at your average muffler shop, and it'll probably last a lot longer than a used piece since it'll be brand new. Just an idea. Good luck man! Sorry to hear about your car trouble. :(

DevilEYEaM
03-12-2008, 09:12 PM
If you know of a specific place let me know because the quote I got was for 2.5" piping cat back with an Apex'i muffler that I already had and was gonna be $180.

And as for the car troubles, thanks for the sympathy. They are just things that were there when I got the car but have just been getting worse and worse to the point where now I can't ignore them.

itsnotarex
03-12-2008, 10:08 PM
I don't know how far you live from atlanta, but I'll throw this out there. The only personal experience I've had is with two muffler shops in atlanta; they are a midas and an independent place called S&S muffler right next to one another on Northside drive near Georgia Tech. S&S built me a full 3 inch catback with a magnaflow straight through muffler for 300 dollars. It's crush bent piping but it'll do what you need it to and sound pretty badass. The midas next door quoted me 400 for the same 3" catback but they mandrel bend. The guy at S&S (Rodger) ended up only making like 2 significant bends and they were both after my rear diff where there is very low exhaust pressure, so I'm getting the same gains as a mandrel bent setup. If you want the address and number of S&S, PM me. I highly reccomend them.

Good luck.

FlyingStroke240
03-12-2008, 10:23 PM
i pm'ed u back.

DevilEYEaM
03-13-2008, 03:42 PM
HOMEMADE: I appreciate the help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Ok, I picked up a decent used custom catback this afternoon so all I need now is a clutch and I'll be set.

DevilEYEaM
03-17-2008, 03:59 AM
Not meaning to keep adding to the list but since I know some people just throw them away anyway, does anyone have an extra 6-bolt open differential?

DevilEYEaM
03-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Unless something changes in about 30 hours I'm getting a clutch and I have some lowering springs coming to me as well.
The differential is the only thing I'm still looking for and I know somebody has one.

DevilEYEaM
03-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Well something did change so I still need a clutch.

DevilEYEaM
03-27-2008, 01:09 AM
Alright well I have a clutch coming in the mail and have found a differential when I get around to getting it.

DevilEYEaM
03-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Lowering springs!!!!