PDA

View Full Version : whining noise?

killerdx
03-11-2008, 08:56 PM
i hooked a 4 channel amp to my memphis 6x9s and they werent makin the noise at first, but now only when my car is running the speakers are whining :thinking:
ideas?

Berta
03-11-2008, 09:30 PM
check your ground to the amp. make sure its a good ground. And also make sure to keep your rca cords away from any power. Sounds like you're having bleed thru(engine noise) from a power source to your rca's thats feeding your amp.

toxxxic
03-11-2008, 09:33 PM
you have a bad ground. the wire may be too small of gauge

BanginJimmy
03-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Does it get louder if you hit the gas?

Dracc
03-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Ground noise... or it maybe the radio.. had this problem on alot of installs with aiwa and sony cdx head units.... if you grounded the amp out right above the gas tank that could be a problem... or over the second fuel pump.. or the mexican of all grounds... have the amp under the seat and 4 feet of ground wire to the trunk then that would be it too

DarKStaR
03-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Does it get louder if you hit the gas?

yea it gets louder as i hit the gas

DarKStaR
03-12-2008, 08:47 AM
check your ground to the amp. make sure its a good ground. And also make sure to keep your rca cords away from any power. Sounds like you're having bleed thru(engine noise) from a power source to your rca's thats feeding your amp.

preciate it berta, i like my present that u told joey to give me :D

killerdx
03-12-2008, 08:55 AM
srry i was on darkstars name and didnt realize it, those are my answers.

BanginJimmy
03-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Alternator whine can be anything from a bad ground, on the amp, to a bad ground on the alt. It could also be that your RCA's are too close to the primary wire going to your amp.

Dracc
03-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Alternator whine can be anything from a bad ground, on the amp, to a bad ground on the alt. It could also be that your RCA's are too close to the primary wire going to your amp.

run the RCA's down the opposite side of the car of the power wire

redgst97
03-12-2008, 11:16 PM
yea it gets louder as i hit the gas

Audible tachometer!!!!

Awesome.

Ground loop issue. Plain and simple. MUCH harder to "find" and fix though. Start with the grounds, that is the root of the issue.

Also, the running RCAs on the other side of the car compared to the powe cable....that was a LOT more important 15 years ago, when we (some of us) were installing standard coax cable for RCAs...now days, twisted pair cables are the "norm", and there is a lot less worry about that....