PDA

View Full Version : what great news to come home too....

blacknightteg
03-11-2008, 04:46 PM
came home from the gym a few minutes ago and my dad pulls up same time i do, get into the house and he pulls out these copies of x-rays that he had at the hospital. come to find out he's got vertibrae that are starting to come together or something thats slowly causing nerve damnage on parts of his right side causing annoying pain. so he might have to have spinal surgery puttin him out for either 2-3 or 6-8 weeks depending on whether or not they go in from the front or the back of his spine....oh how great it is!

deutshwise
03-11-2008, 05:21 PM
sorry to hear that man. been there. know the feeling.

blacknightteg
03-11-2008, 05:30 PM
yea it sucks. i mean i myself have had 3 brain surgeries and my appendix taken out...but the fact that its the spinal column just gets to me even more.

NAIZBST
03-11-2008, 05:46 PM
why are you happy about that? sounds like you hate your father

blacknightteg
03-11-2008, 07:02 PM
where in the world did you get that idea? i made this thread out of feeling really down and out about it. i am actually quite bummed out about it. id love to know where you got the idea that i hate my dad.

BTLFED
03-11-2008, 07:07 PM
where in the world did you get that idea? i made this thread out of feeling really down and out about it. i am actually quite bummed out about it. id love to know where you got the idea that i hate my dad.

It's hard to sense sarcasm on a web forum.

G35Cam
03-11-2008, 07:09 PM
sorry to hear about that broski

blacknightteg
03-11-2008, 07:09 PM
i dont even know where he got the idea of sarcasm if thats what you mean. im quite bummed out about the fact that my dad has to have spinal surgery. i was mery comparing them to my surgeries that i have had saying that this IMO is even worse then what i have gone through.

BTLFED
03-11-2008, 07:11 PM
so he might have to have spinal surgery puttin him out for either 2-3 or 6-8 weeks depending on whether or not they go in from the front or the back of his spine....oh how great it is!

There is where it is.

blacknightteg
03-11-2008, 07:15 PM
oh i gotcha...sorry i didnt think that would be interpreted wrong.

koukis14
03-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Happened to my Grandma. Sucks dude, I hope he gets the best care possible ........and the best drugs too.

blacknightteg
03-11-2008, 07:29 PM
yeah me 2, my dad was like, well i guess since there is a hospital right here we wont have to go far. me and my mom were like hellllllz no!!! your goin to emory, fat chance on our watch your goin to a small hospital for this ****!

GuessWho
03-11-2008, 07:31 PM
I actually got back from the chiropractor today cause my spine is in the shape of the Dragons Tails in N.C...
But from wat the DR. said... Back surgery is the most unsccessful surgery in the world....
Sucks dog...

koukis14
03-11-2008, 07:51 PM
I actually got back from the chiropractor today cause my spine is in the shape of the Dragons Tails in N.C...
But from wat the DR. said... Back surgery is the most unsccessful surgery in the world....
Sucks dog...

Reps if I can for going to a Chiropractor, My dad has been one for almost 30 years.

blacknightteg
03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Sucks dog...

um ok? thanks? now this surgery that he is going to have if he has it isnt going to completely fix the problem but its goin to make him still be able to move the rest of his life. now i would rather have that and him have a little bit of pain them him not being able to move later on in his life. that was a little un called for.

GuessWho
03-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Dude im sorry for your dad but dont take sh!t so personal...
Im just tellin ya something i learned today from my DR....:goodjob:

GuessWho
03-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Reps if I can for going to a Chiropractor, My dad has been one for almost 30 years.

And you think ur dad wont charge me 170 bucks like this one was gonna charge me ?
Which im gettin my instructor who is a chiropractor as well to align me for like 10 bucks lol...

koukis14
03-11-2008, 08:09 PM
And you think ur dad wont charge me 170 bucks like this one was gonna charge me ?
Which im gettin my instructor who is a chiropractor as well to align me for like 10 bucks lol...

Adjustment is $30. You will though have to drive 11 hours to get to his office.

GuessWho
03-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Adjustment is $30. You will though have to drive 11 hours to get to his office.

hhhhmmmmm.... OK... lol
Not like gas is expensive or anything...

LS2ner
03-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I have a messed up back too so i know how he feels. I can move the disk inbetween the vertebraes in my neck with my fingers. I have sublegations in my 4th lumbar that are deterorating the disks. I hope he gets better, cause i know he is in pain.

blacknightteg
03-11-2008, 09:53 PM
I have a messed up back too so i know how he feels. I can move the disk inbetween the vertebraes in my neck with my fingers. I have sublegations in my 4th lumbar that are deterorating the disks. I hope he gets better, cause i know he is in pain.

thanks, yeah he's bummed out about it. he really doesnt want to have the surgery, but if its gunna let him live a semi-comfortable life for the rest of his life, he'd rather have that. he's got an MRI he's gunna have first to give the final check on if its what it is or not, but it will probably have to go to surgery...im just concerned about him layin on the bed for so long for the surgery. My grandad had back surgery and a **** ton of complications came up, loosing some of his eyesight and what not. just something i didnt want to weigh on me ya know. im sure its gunna be ok, just my dad so i gotta worry.

Got Milk?
03-11-2008, 10:46 PM
damn that sucks man. Hope he gets better soon!