PDA

View Full Version : The audio project I have been talking about...so long

Z32redondo
03-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Ok so I have started preparing for that loud ass system I have been talking about soo long. And no it wont be in the convertible...I traded it...for a 1999 escalade. So now its time to get started on the planning process. I want to run 4 subs. Not sure on size though but will most likely be larger that 15's.

Im currently looking for setup idea's. I want to stick with kicker audio because I have a buddy who can give me kicker stuff at their companies invoice price...or pretty damn close to it.

I DONT want to go all out with this build. I want loud though. I would like to keep it on 2 batteries, maybe 3 tops. Good couple thousand watts. and a nice clean set of subs. I was thinking a set of L5's or L7's along with an amp of some sort of course. IDK if I want to stick to a kicker amp unless I can get 2 2500.1's fairly cheap.. Maybe hifonics or something.

Anyways peice together a system for me if you want or just throw in some tips or something on box designs. Im planing on using this as a build thread or discussion if I dont forget about it.

BanginJimmy
03-11-2008, 05:38 PM
so do you want kicker subs, or do you want something that will sound clean and undistorted?

Personally, I would look into Digidtal Designs subs. If you dont have a dealer within 50 miles you can buy factory direct and save a bunch of cash.

For amps, you can do MMats amps. They are good amps and are very reasonaly pricewise.

For the record I am planning on doing 4 DD 3512's and 2 MMats D3500.1's. That should cost less than 2500 shipped to the door.

Z32redondo
03-11-2008, 10:15 PM
so do you want kicker subs, or do you want something that will sound clean and undistorted?

Personally, I would look into Digidtal Designs subs. If you dont have a dealer within 50 miles you can buy factory direct and save a bunch of cash.

For amps, you can do MMats amps. They are good amps and are very reasonaly pricewise.

For the record I am planning on doing 4 DD 3512's and 2 MMats D3500.1's. That should cost less than 2500 shipped to the door.

Damn...cold on the kicker there. lol

I was looking towards kicker subs maybe. I remember you told me the digital designs was a good company with products that really surpass all others. I was thinking kicker subs only as a temporary until I can get that CRAZY loud system I always wanted though. Hence the reason I only want like 2 batteries, because the money for a competition worthy system is out of my hands right now. I am however closer to having that system though. With me trading cars for the escalade, I have then come closer to my goal. What Im really wanting to go after is the DD9515. I have been in love with that sub ever since you told me about it.

As for the amps I will look into the mmats.

redgst97
03-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Check out the T3 Audio subs.... They are in the same league IMO.

JASONBALL
03-14-2008, 12:28 AM
check out RD audio.

JessAlba452
03-14-2008, 02:09 AM
Yes!!! The DD9515 is great!
Other good choices are the older XXX models and a customized Fi Q BTL.

Stay away from kicker unless you like fart boxes. Of course that is IMO.

Ported and tuned say around 35Hz range...more or less depending on how loud or clear you like your subs.

I'm all for SQL over SPL.

Of course look into a good amp, big three upgrade, with a HO alt will work just fine. Not sure if 2 batt will be necessary depending on how much power you'll be running. But if you do run 2 batteries then a HO alt will help!

Don't forget to also look into sound deadening. You want most of the SP to stay within the Escalade. :)

We'll be here to help if you have any questions. Good luck on your build!

706mazda3GT
03-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Since you're from Columbus...check out this guy named Brant's system..

drive a silver eclipse...

his is about what you're talking about...probably one of the loudest if not THE loudest in columbus

audiowiz
03-19-2008, 06:03 PM
I'M NOT A SPONSOR AND SHOULD NOT BE POSTING ABOUT MY SHOP!!!

- ADMIN

Z32redondo
03-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Since you're from Columbus...check out this guy named Brant's system..

drive a silver eclipse...

his is about what you're talking about...probably one of the loudest if not THE loudest in columbus

HaHa brans one of my good buddies. And the blazer the older guy drives is louder.

BanginJimmy
03-20-2008, 11:43 AM
we stock DD at my shop in Buford. we also carry Kicker, Memphis , Alpine, Eclipse, and Pioneer. My daily driver is a Kicker sponsored Mini with 6 CVX 10"s and about 7500 watts of power. feel free to come by if you want to chat about a system.

AW

I talked to you guys a week or so ago about getting some DD subs, fortunately you are more tha 50 miles from me so I could order straight from DD and save more than 200 per sub.

audiowiz
03-20-2008, 05:47 PM
I guarantee you'll wait at least6 weeks fromDD and you'll pay MSRP.we charge MAP. all the things people say about this site are true. I wasnt advertising myshop, but, whatever

BanginJimmy
03-20-2008, 10:13 PM
I know about the wait and I wasnt trying to talk bad about the shop or anything. But DD was charging about 350per when you quoted me 550per.

redgst97
03-20-2008, 11:01 PM
Thats AWESOME....DD selling at cost to both Dealers and consumers....

Awesometown!!

(said with a touch of sarcasm....)

audiowiz
03-21-2008, 08:03 AM
no man, the shop reference was to the administrator, not you. Thats great if you can get them at cost from DD. they arent supposed to do that, it undercuts thier dealers. but hey, if you can get em, I dont blame you. you're sure the 350per is for the 9500's?

BanginJimmy
03-21-2008, 01:31 PM
they only do it if you are more than 50 miles from a dealer. I live 52 from Buford so I barely made it and it was for 3512f's not 9500's.

audiowiz
03-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Gotcha. Our price on the 3512's is $375 per. If someone told you 550, they must have thought you were asking about the 9500's.

BanginJimmy
03-21-2008, 07:14 PM
makes sence. I knew it sounded a bit high, but I hadnt really looked into the price in over a year. With the price of so many components and raw materials going up in the last year, I wrote it off to that.