PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help... Please...

Blitanicle99
03-11-2008, 10:02 AM
So no one has posted and this is driving me nuts.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165694

Reps for help

NAIZBST
03-11-2008, 10:25 AM
I would go into your audio files and see if it is compatible with I-tunes, also it looks like you may be missing some files for Itunes

NAIZBST
03-11-2008, 10:27 AM
or check your audio config

Nemesis
03-11-2008, 11:36 AM
rm -rf /home

The Ninja
03-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Lol. check the thread....You'll need to reinstall quicktime...

Blitanicle99
03-11-2008, 01:23 PM
SOB now its saying re install iTunes.

Mr_Mischif
03-11-2008, 02:13 PM
rm -rf /home

BAHAHAHA GEORGE YOU a$$hole

you forgot to include sudo in front. it should be "sudo rm -rf /home", without the quotes of course.

Nemesis
03-11-2008, 02:44 PM
^ haha my bad

Mr_Mischif
03-11-2008, 02:57 PM
^ haha my bad

YOU WORK FOR RED HAT! NO EXCUSES!! :police:

Nemesis
03-11-2008, 03:00 PM
YOU WORK FOR RED HAT! NO EXCUSES!! :police:

But im always used to being logged in as root on users machine when I ssh into them. So I HAVE AN EXCUSE! lol

Mr_Mischif
03-11-2008, 03:11 PM
But im always used to being logged in as root on users machine when I ssh into them. So I HAVE AN EXCUSE! lol

Damn they let you log in as root on their computers? That's like them asking you to babysit.

I'm just BS'n you, but they really let you ssh in as root? Are they big companies or just normal people?

Nemesis
03-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Damn they let you log in as root on their computers? That's like them asking you to babysit.

I'm just BS'n you, but they really let you ssh in as root? Are they big companies or just normal people?

Oh no, I support internal users. A different group provides support to outside companies.
We can also uvino into a users machine to watch what they are doing without them ever knowing, but you can get into trouble for it.

Mr_Mischif
03-11-2008, 03:30 PM
uvino? It sounds like you could use vnc to do the same thing, and it would most likely be cheaper. Sure the users might have to open a couple ports on their side, but since they're running Linux, they probably know to do that anyway.

EDIT: PS while you're with them you should tell them that it's not smart to allow people you don't know root access. Sure you (as a stranger) may be trying to help them now, but what about when you're off the clock, or alone? A separate account and some sudo privs might do all you need it to do.

Nemesis
03-11-2008, 03:38 PM
uvino? It sounds like you could use vnc to do the same thing, and it would most likely be cheaper. Sure the users might have to open a couple ports on their side, but since they're running Linux, they probably know to do that anyway.

EDIT: PS while you're with them you should tell them that it's not smart to allow people you don't know root access. Sure you (as a stranger) may be trying to help them now, but what about when you're off the clock, or alone? A separate account and some sudo privs might do all you need it to do.

I do use vnc, but my script is labeled ssh-uvino.

I work on the support side, not everyone is allowed the same thing. I could go into more detail but I could get into trouble and lose my job.

Remember, not everyone within Red Hat is technically savvy. We have a very large sales force, and of course youve got the JBoss side of things.

Blitanicle99
03-11-2008, 07:48 PM
What the hell did you just say? (In Hank Hill Voice)